Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 13. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 0
The value of Bitcoin is affected by many underlying variables, but a major disaster in the world can have a negative effect on the value of Bitcoin, because some people who have Bitcoin may be affected by the disaster in very fatal manner leading to the complete loss of their Bitcoins. Then the law of supply and demand would kick in, and the more the demand , the Less the supply, Ultimately leads to an increase in price. This would make the value increase.
Activity: 126
In extreme cases, food shortages, rampages, death threats, etc., gold, btc and other investment products will fall, only food can save people!
Bitcoin is undoubtedly very advantageous in the event of a small-scale disaster.
Activity: 135
if you mean a big war then it might affect the value of bitcoin, because war makes a chaotic economy, of course this is bad for the country that has been using bitcoin widely.
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
i think it would deccrease it. because bitcoin is still far away to be used as a currency or as a payment method. people would not trust cryptocurrencies in case of any such situation. oppositely they would like to cash out and keep your money in their hands.

I believe that Bitcoin is still not far away to be used as a currency or as a payment method, because technologies are growing up quickly. But not all people know about it.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I could see it increase Bitcoin's price, as long as basic infrastructure is not affected.
Similar to gold, Bitcoin is also used as a safe haven to park people's money in case of economic turmoil.

OP mentions war, which is a good example. People massively flocked to gold and other precious metals during both world wars.
I do not think the internet would be affected too greatly during a war.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
I think if there will be a global disaster like what happen year ago in world bank. All economy has down many company has been closed on that time. So if it will do it again bitcoin will be decrease. Because in my opinion bitcoin following the flow of the world market. Just like a real currency
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
 I think it can do both in different cases. It depends on the people's attitude. In the disaster would harm the economy may be people would gain some trust in cryptocurrencies than they can be useful for them.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
In my opinion , global disaster does not effect the increase and decrease of bitcoin price value, the price value will not change due to calamity or disaster, but disaster will really effect much the services and transactions of bitcoin.

Although there may not be any special effect of the global disaster on bitcoin price, but still when there is a global disaster then all the activities become suspended for some time or tell the situation become clear, so in this respect if people attention divert from bitcoin trading or investment into some other issues then no doubt that bitcoin and other crypto currencies price will be decreasing.
Activity: 161
Merit: 8
We now have a shortage of money, talking globally, and a lot of another indicators of why the next crysis is comming.

Plz read this https://mises.org/wire/true-money-supply-flashing-red

I hope we see a big jumo in BTC price soon.
Activity: 83
War would see an increase in bitcoins price but a natural disaster? I'm not sure. It depends how many places it affects since if it's just a small country or a few islands it wouldn't affect the price at all even if the people there had to spend all of their bitcoins.

Yes, also bitcoin is not affected by some disasters that has nothing to do with business or no money involve, Bitcoin depends on the number of users and supporters of the said currency, It i easy to say that bitcoin will be affected by calamities and other natural disasters which is not, Bitcoin can be affected by the decrease of people using it.
Activity: 549
Merit: 100
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
Depending on where the majority of the bitcoin holders live. In my opinion, if the bitcoin holder country is in a bad state due to war or catastrophic disaster, it will definitely impact on bitcoin prices.

Just a follow up question regarding this topic what if the holders with big portion lost their privatekey or access to their wallet due to the disaster then the circulation of Bitcoin will decrease, doesn't it mean that the price will increase if the cryptocurrency still continue after the disaster?
Activity: 70
i do believe that the price will decrease as there would be a lack of money and the market won`t have enough circulation on it by making the inssuficient buy orders.
Activity: 182
Depending on where the majority of the bitcoin holders live. In my opinion, if the bitcoin holder country is in a bad state due to war or catastrophic disaster, it will definitely impact on bitcoin prices.
Activity: 139
In my opinion , global disaster does not effect the increase and decrease of bitcoin price value, the price value will not change due to calamity or disaster, but disaster will really effect much the services and transactions of bitcoin.

will certainly have an impact. To say that the stock market downturn and rising inflation have created a historic momentum for bitcoin in year 2017. Based on that, if a global catastrophe occurs, it will affect the up / down trend of bitcoin. What would you do if the crisis of work?
Activity: 16
Bitcoin is currency of the world.

If the disaster strikes one part of the world, Bitcoin can help diffuse the impact instead of damaging one locality. Think of Venezuela. Demand increases value. Definitely seeing this raising the value of Bitcoin
Activity: 126
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
i think it would deccrease it. because bitcoin is still far away to be used as a currency or as a payment method. people would not trust cryptocurrencies in case of any such situation. oppositely they would like to cash out and keep your money in their hands.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Not too difficult to realize, that in most cases, it would effect negatively to the price of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not "global disaster friendly" IMO Cheesy
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
this is a hard question. if the governments change, if the regime changes, these and other social events become effective. war is a different event. It can be effective for bitcoin.

I don't see it that way. Nothing good comes out of a global disaster. War, calamity, all these can affect the basic requirements that we need to even access our wallets. Hopefully none of that happens anytime soon.
Activity: 659
Merit: 101
I do not agree with people saying, Bitcoin is a ponzi, and has no real value. But if a global disaster happened, the value of it would probably be much lower, than now, and only the real fanatic would stay. Others would try to buy more useful staffs I guess.
This always have been happening that whenever prices are fallen or increased, there was a major reason or event behind it being a cause. As we have all seen the price jumped from nothing to amazingness in December of last year. That was just because of Christmas. This is continuously happening since the first day of development of bitcoin. Events do impact the price of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: