Pages:
Author

Topic: Would Bitcoin be the same if Satoshi wasn't anonymous? - page 9. (Read 23288 times)

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Also, if you think that "Satoshi nakamoto" was his real name, you are a fool.

It is obvious that it is just a nickname, he wouldn't use his real name to make everybody refer to him by that manner, otherwise, he could be easily found.

It is something easy to think about

maybe when Sathosi Nakamoto is not an anonymous name, I am sure at this time there will be many people arriving and using bitcoin, only if it happens anonymously in bitcoin will no longer apply. whether this is good or bad.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
It would go against all of Bitcoins values, lets hope not
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
How would the crypto arena be different if everyone knew who Satoshi was?
I think this person does not want to be public,just for the reason that he will be asked a lot of questions,the answers to which he has already given,creating bitcoin.Even if Satoshi Nakamoto becomes public it will not affect the work of bitcoin.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 340
For me you have the answer : it will be Bitcoin cash, with a lot of war, an crazy people trying to manipulate their followers to create the "new eldorado "  Wink
So for me if BTC is famous it's because Satoshi is anonymous (of course it's not the only reason)
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
I'm kinda skeptical regarding this. I am worried we might all be in fact just blinded and lied to by some entity experimenting on us. Whether Bitcoin's creator is the Satoshi known to everybody, a government, a secret society or whatever he is.. it's still revolutionary and this certainly is the future. This is my first post after a very long time by the way, and I used not to have this kind of thinking ~1yr ago. But look how fast things are changing and how quick cryptocurrencies are getting introduced in all large institutions, businesses etc.... it's here. We're all taking part of the future. If Satoshi's real identity was known, we'd most likely judge the technology and its true meaning based on who that entity is and what history it has.

Sometimes I'm also skeptical. Even read something mentioning that China could've created Bitcoin to weaken the US dollar lol. Deep down I don't believe this to be the case, however.

I see Bitcoin and this decentralized revolution as a cry to get rid of corrupt institutions that force billions into some form of modern slavery and create immense misery. Don't think it's a coincidence that it was created amidst the 2008 crisis created by banks.

In many ways, our lives are social experiments meant to benefit the future generations. We wouldn't be where we are today without our ancestors' learning from their parents and the cycle continues. We're ultimately here to fornicate and experiment with "better" ways of approaching this life that no one even asked for. Because why live in suffering when you don't have to? Still a long way to go.
Activity: 33
well, to my mind, we don't need to think much because we never know who is satoshi, he will never appear.
Activity: 70
I think it will be the same however the only difference is that Satoshi identity will not be hidden which then lead to people trying to bring him down since he earns a lot from this. There will also be haters especially the governments as well as the banks. Probably by now, they already caught and sue Satoshi Nakomoto.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
It would give them grounds to attack Satoshi as a person and every action done by him would influence the price.
Say, you knew who he was and had limitless resources (like a government). You could set him up and make a pedophile or a drug addict out of him. You could make him fall in love with an agent who would report on his activities, or gather dirt. With enough of this dirt you could pass it on to the media and crash the markets. It's better for him to stay anonymous.
For that matter, being anonymous is worth 1000 reasons to answer those questions behind how bitcoin will be if satoshi would reveal his identity. In fact nobody knows exactly if he's a woman of a man. It still remains a big riddle for all of us, and if satoshi wasn't an anonymous person there will be a very busy life for him. Bitcoin will not be as profitable as what we've been  experiencing from previous year.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
It would only make things worse for him, not for Bitcoin. People would try to research his life and career, criminals would be looking into ways to hack, abduct, and blackmail him. He'd turn his life into hell, at least for some time. Bitcoin wouldn't change much with or without him being present.
Activity: 10
I think it was very important for Satoshi to be anonymous and it's still underappreciated. Nowadays there's a lot of pressure or new projects to be super transparent, disclose everything to the public. This increases trust in the short term - you know they're not going to just run away post liquidity event. But in the long run I see that as a liability. Did the ICO violate security laws? Are the founders going to get in trouble? Will some future regulation make things tough, etc etc... Satoshi being unknown these aren't even a factor and the community had to develop in a way that didn't rely on him or her sticking around. Bitcoin is just this thing that exists. It's not a project, not a business, it just is.
Activity: 244
Merit: 3
Attention of many prominent investors would have be part of this journey, the arena would have different from what we all are experiencing right now but there would have be little or no challenges of this types we have today.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
I think that even if tomorrow Satoshi proclaims to the whole world this is unlikely to seriously change the market. Bitcoin is already at this stage of development, when it does not really matter who invented and created it, it already quite successfully exists as a separate independent unit.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
It is best we don't know who Satoshi is. Knowing him might come with its own risk for the crypto world. It means the day Satoshi dies, everyone will be thrown into panic regarding the future of bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 4
It wouldn't make much of a difference. Just look at numbers two and three, ethereum and ripple are doing really well and their creators are well known. Same as many other coins where the creators go public
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
Alot of damage would have been done to bitcoin if Satoshi Nakamoto wasn't anonymous. Look at what happened to LR CEO, do we hear about him again talkless of the company name and importance. So I believe and will ever strongly believe that Satoshi been anonymous is ever the best way to make bitcoin what it's today and what's going to become tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
I'm kinda skeptical regarding this. I am worried we might all be in fact just blinded and lied to by some entity experimenting on us. Whether Bitcoin's creator is the Satoshi known to everybody, a government, a secret society or whatever he is.. it's still revolutionary and this certainly is the future. This is my first post after a very long time by the way, and I used not to have this kind of thinking ~1yr ago. But look how fast things are changing and how quick cryptocurrencies are getting introduced in all large institutions, businesses etc.... it's here. We're all taking part of the future. If Satoshi's real identity was known, we'd most likely judge the technology and its true meaning based on who that entity is and what history it has.
Activity: 42
As for me, I think that if Satoshi Nakamoto came out of the shadows and announced to the world that he would continue to improve bitcoin such coins as Bitcoin cash.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
It would give them grounds to attack Satoshi as a person and every action done by him would influence the price.
Say, you knew who he was and had limitless resources (like a government). You could set him up and make a pedophile or a drug addict out of him. You could make him fall in love with an agent who would report on his activities, or gather dirt. With enough of this dirt you could pass it on to the media and crash the markets. It's better for him to stay anonymous.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
If Satoshi Nakakmoto is known there will be a remarkable difference in how investors will perceive bitcoin. A little statement He will make will have a massive effect in the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

to answer that question you have to look at alts that have known developers. They're doing great. I don't think anything would be different if Satoshi was known but mystery can help the market in some way I suppose.
Pages:
Jump to: