Pages:
Author

Topic: Would YOU choose to live forever? - page 6. (Read 65824 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0
November 05, 2018, 02:39:43 PM
Live forever as in not aging and free of diseases, or growing old but just not dying? If it's the former, then hell yes! Where do I sign up? If it's the latter, well, now why would I torture myself with living forever as an old, wrinkly woman? I'd rather stay in this world and die eventually. Being an immortal and old and wrinkly isn't ideal imo.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
November 05, 2018, 12:17:40 PM
Nope, definitely not.

Living forever means that I will have to witness the death of my grandparents, parents, currently non-existent sons and daughters, or even my descendants. This will be an excruciating mental torture to every human being who possess emotions.
Activity: 150
November 05, 2018, 11:30:14 AM
Since I'm a fan of Vampires, my answer is YES-I'd choose to live forever. Cool
Activity: 33
Merit: 5
November 05, 2018, 11:20:42 AM
No. Definitely not. I have too much regret.
Activity: 134
November 05, 2018, 11:10:58 AM
I guess until my kids are still alive, I'd like to live then.
Activity: 154
October 17, 2018, 05:26:31 AM
Would YOU choose to live forever?

Scientists have made a discovery that could lead to a revolutionary drug that actually reverses ageing.

The drug could help damaged DNA to miraculously repair and even protect Nasa astronauts on Mars by protecting them from solar radiation.

A team of researchers developed the drug after discovering a key signalling process in DNA repair and cell aging.

During trials on mice, the team found that the drug directly repaired DNA damage caused by radiation exposure or old age.

'The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice after just one week of treatment,' said lead author Professor David Sinclair.

Human trials of the pill will begin within six months.

Read more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4343142/Human-trials-age-reversing-pill-start-six-months.html.

Cool

if with healthy life i wish to live forever  Grin
Activity: 280
October 16, 2018, 02:44:46 PM
People do not live forever.In my opinion,the survive are all in god's hand.We can not live long enough if we want.
Someone survives for 11 years,and someone lives for 100 years.Everyone wants to live but it is not possible.According to my knowledge
there is no device discovered in the world that can save us artificially.So everyone will have to leave the world once.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 16, 2018, 11:38:44 AM
Life is inevitable. We might die here, but in the resurrection, we will be made alive again. There are two basic ways we will live after the resurrection:
1. In Heaven, with God, in eternal joy;
2. In Hell, away from God, in eternal torment.

Cool
Activity: 17
October 16, 2018, 11:02:15 AM
Well, death is inevitable even if there are discovered ways to live long. Death is a thing that makes our lives beautiful. It is the culmination of our life. We reminisce our lives before we die. It will makes us feel happy, contented, guilty, anxious, but that doesn't matter. Deatu will show us how we live our lives. Knowing the fact that we will die, we must live like we're dying.  Wink
Activity: 82
October 16, 2018, 05:22:37 AM
No, that's why we are only given one life to know it's true meaning, although death must be really scary.
Activity: 33
October 16, 2018, 05:19:40 AM
Yes, would look for satoshi real identity for next 300 years Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
October 16, 2018, 03:54:37 AM
I do not want.
I want to live a decent life, achieve planned, and leave this world by switching to another dimension of being ...
Because life should be dynamic ... And eternity is something static ...
Activity: 70
October 16, 2018, 02:18:06 AM
I think I will obey the destiny, I always believe, the destiny of the person is doomed, the sky want to die person, again how can?Live every day, don't let one day regret it can.
Activity: 233
October 15, 2018, 10:06:41 AM
This discovery is certainly very important and remarkable. But I would not want to live forever. I agree that you can extend the life of yourself or your loved ones a little.

I agree, living forever makes no sense. I think this is very boring.
Our life becomes valuable to us when we realize that it is not eternal and someday death will come.
Activity: 98
October 15, 2018, 06:51:38 AM
This discovery is certainly very important and remarkable. But I would not want to live forever. I agree that you can extend the life of yourself or your loved ones a little.
Activity: 21
October 15, 2018, 05:38:54 AM
 I will choose to live forever if I had the chance, cause I want to see World change in technology and where the world is going..
Activity: 37
October 15, 2018, 03:49:10 AM
Nah, that living forever stuff is for the birds. You can have it!
Activity: 79
October 14, 2018, 09:28:15 PM
Are those around me living forever as well? Because if not, it seems like a pretty lonely existence if everyone is dying and you aren't ageing
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
October 12, 2018, 02:47:30 AM
I'd like to live forever if i'm gonna stay young like vampires. But if the rest of the world is going to live forever too, who will get the resources? I think it should be just me who is immortal Cheesy
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
October 11, 2018, 10:35:11 PM
Depends on what you mean by "forever", as well as the means of living forever. If it's through gene editing, then sure, although I'm not sure it actually has the capacity to allow us to live forever. I believe it can possibly cure or treat incurable disease in the future, but to make a person live for 500 years? I don't know.
Pages:
Jump to: