Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 5. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 257
October 03, 2017, 12:48:07 AM
Why not? Probably if i know someone dear to me who is really into bitcoin and would appreciate it as a gift, i would present it to him on his wedding day. Bitcoin value fluctuates and if he is into that hell probably used it as investment or encashed it whenever he thinks is more profitable. For someone who is starting his family having this as a gift would not be so bad at all..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 02, 2017, 09:57:55 PM
It's a very unique idea. The only problem is that they might have no idea on what is the use of btc and and it means nothing to them or it isn't special. I'll only give it as a wedding gift if they are also a btc enthusiast just like me.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
October 02, 2017, 09:31:59 PM
yes obviously i will do that. Giving a wedding gift using bitcoin is not a bad idea, but it's unique and rare. Usually the wedding gift is in the form of goods, but actually a marriage that will need more funds after marriage, so better give money or bitcoin.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
October 02, 2017, 09:29:01 PM
Yes i think so. Buy gifts for those who accept bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
October 02, 2017, 09:26:23 PM
i think giving a bitcoin gift is good,it also gives the good future and increase knowledge so know bitcoin

Giving bitcoin as a weeding gift is a good idea but we must consider some factors before doing it. First is that the couple must be knowledgeable on using bitcoins. If the couple arent knowledgeable on bitcoin then giving this digital currency as a gift will be useless since they dont know how to use it or what is its purpose. Second is that they must have a wallet otherwise you cannot give them your btc. And lastly, if they miss number 1 and 2 the third part is the most crucial and that is to teach the couple the basics of bitcoin so that they can appreciate your gift especially when its value is rising up.

This one is good idea but both party should be informed about transactions + btc before attempting. Maybe they can use nfc  function on android phones for this purpose.
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
October 02, 2017, 09:20:24 PM
of course I can easy give bitcoin for my friend gift. 0.000001 bitcoin for my ex girlfriend wedding
Hahaha you should give condoms. Grin Grin
for your favorite woman.
it's so funny, I've seen someone provide a special table for invited guests who reward with bitcoin. very interesting.
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
October 02, 2017, 09:15:15 PM
i think giving a bitcoin gift is good,it also gives the good future and increase knowledge so know bitcoin

Giving bitcoin as a weeding gift is a good idea but we must consider some factors before doing it. First is that the couple must be knowledgeable on using bitcoins. If the couple arent knowledgeable on bitcoin then giving this digital currency as a gift will be useless since they dont know how to use it or what is its purpose. Second is that they must have a wallet otherwise you cannot give them your btc. And lastly, if they miss number 1 and 2 the third part is the most crucial and that is to teach the couple the basics of bitcoin so that they can appreciate your gift especially when its value is rising up.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
October 02, 2017, 09:06:11 PM
Most bitcointalk users would be very happy about such a gift but if it is appropriate for bride and groom really depends on your relationship to them and if they are tech savvy enough to appreciate such a present.
Even they are not tech savvy they will appreciate it because a real person is not depending on the gift, if they are really not that materialistic kind of person then they will appreciate each and every gift that you will give to them. Bitcoin is a good gift for everyone because it will help them to change their lives.
Activity: 126
October 02, 2017, 08:09:52 PM
Yes, of course. I can also buy Bitcoin as a gift for anything. It could also be the way to increase Bitcoin's audience. Smiley WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
October 02, 2017, 07:37:43 PM
Most bitcointalk users would be very happy about such a gift but if it is appropriate for bride and groom really depends on your relationship to them and if they are tech savvy enough to appreciate such a present.
Activity: 180
October 02, 2017, 07:24:21 PM
It is not a bad idea actually. It will be a good investment for the newly wed couple Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
October 02, 2017, 07:13:29 PM
Absolutely! What a great gift. Either give a little info and excitement about the gift if they aren't familiar with it - or if they are, then bingo! They'll be over the moon Cheesy
As long as they use bitcoin and I know the wallet address then I will make bitcoin for gift when wedding, this is because bitcoin price goes up so it will help them when start a new life.
Activity: 168
Merit: 14
October 02, 2017, 07:04:11 PM
This idea has been on my mind for a very long time, to give my best Friend a half Bitcoin for his marriage. I feel all the gifts are boring and they are not worth the time and this would be the best idea. Also I would love to receive bitcoins as gifts when I marry that will help me plan my retirement very well. People are yet to awake to this but I feel that this is the best gift to give people so to make sure they really make most of their wedding lives with extra Cushing of money.

Bitcoin as a gift this seems to be a good idea, and yes I would like to recieve this as for my wedding and yes I will also use this for my retirement and secure my families future...

But if the newly weds are not familiar you have to explain to them that you are thinking for a long term for them.And I think they will really appreciate it since most of the gifts given on a wedding is for that particular day only or thinking about short term only.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond
October 02, 2017, 06:53:02 PM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
I agree. It still depends on what type of people are those newly wed. If they have no idea on what is that and they don't know how to use either, so you have to explain first to them. It would be laborious and require more time to spare. And also, the essence of giving gift will be lost because they would care nothing at first, they wouldn't feel the gratitude at first, which is must be first felt. They might be thinking that your gift is insignificant and useless to them, though they might find out how valuable is that later, if they became interested, if they became.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
October 02, 2017, 06:23:29 PM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Yes, you are right. people who do not know bitcoin will not use it but just let it go. but there's nothing wrong if bitcoin is used as a wedding gift. and in my opinion, it would be better if we would give a gift of bitcoin, do not forget along with the knowledge of what bitcoin is and how it functions, in people who do not know bitcoin yet. so they will know and can certainly use this bitcoin.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
October 02, 2017, 06:03:06 PM
Absolutely! What a great gift. Either give a little info and excitement about the gift if they aren't familiar with it - or if they are, then bingo! They'll be over the moon Cheesy
Activity: 1484
October 02, 2017, 05:50:53 PM
of course I can easy give bitcoin for my friend gift. 0.000001 bitcoin for my ex girlfriend wedding
Such a nice guy! Right. We can give bitcoin as present not only as wedding gift or you can give it as something which you can for no reason at all. Aside from its uniqueness for gift it is also timeless for now because it won't perish once you have a bitcoin. Always remember that you have to be updated on a daily basis so that you'll be able to know its rising and falling attempts of bitcoin. You won't know someday not just for a wedding gift but also for a valuable people that you can give it away.
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
October 02, 2017, 05:45:32 PM

I will just buy the couple a gift instead of bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin today is very rare and the value grows from time to time.
Activity: 546
October 02, 2017, 05:40:30 PM
Activity: 1190
October 02, 2017, 05:35:16 PM
Giving a whole Bitcoin as one of the starting capital of two couple is a good idea.  If ever I have more than 20 BTC, I won't hesitate to give my friend who is about to get married a whole Bitcoin ( 1 BTC) as a gift.  It is up to them to do whatever they wanted to it though I will definitely brief then the possible thing that may happen to that 1 Bitcoin and it is completely depends on their decision.
Pages:
Jump to: