Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 8. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 27, 2017, 11:35:38 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Probably giving bitcoin as a term of gift implies to me that the person that was going to give that literally and absolutely have a plenty of bitcoin in his account. Although giving bitcoin as a term of gift for the newly weds will be beneficial, I cannot afford giving them as a term of gift because me myself cannot afford of having such a great count for my own. Possibly if I am that person having such a great count of bitcoin, why not give those newly weds a blessing to start up their future. So I guess I will give bitcoin as a gift for wedding. If and only if I do have plenty of bitcoin to give.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 27, 2017, 11:16:22 AM
I would if I have plenty of bitcoin I would glady share it to some of my closets friends or a family that is newlywed as a gift. At least I will be helping them to start saving bitcoin this might give them motivation to start earning it too as well.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 10:56:36 AM
I wouldn't give it as a gift...too traditional for that, but it would be pretty cool to get some bitcoin as a gift!
Activity: 190
September 27, 2017, 10:54:59 AM
something new next time my friend will actually marry us as his friend will give gifts with bitcoin,
Indeed this is not the first teradi in my country but for us as a worker in bitcoin will be very interesting if giving wedding gift with bitcoin.
and this will make bitcoin become more famous in my country especially in our place  Grin
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
September 27, 2017, 10:52:32 AM
Yes! I did give Bitcoin as a wedding gift. That's with the knowing that the couple or one of them will know about it. Just ensuring it isn't going to be a waste and disregarded. It is really a big gift in disguise I would say. And this will also help put the couple in line of investment and another source of income for the newly started family.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
September 27, 2017, 10:42:54 AM
I will choose different alternative than giving my very valuable investation asset (and we know it has tremendous potential) to others. Maybe I will give them an artwork as a gift for their wedding, in my opinion it’ll be more memorable than giving money.
Activity: 568
Merit: 250
September 27, 2017, 10:40:42 AM
Why not,  this is good idea , but not for now because bitcoin has not been widely known, maybe I will give wedding gift just around my community, who know bitcoin.
For me, i wont really give bitcoin. Why ? It is because of its unstable price and its popularity. Maybe if it will be more stable and known than it is now, well why not.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 27, 2017, 10:08:57 AM
I don’t think so because Bitcoin is very valuable and its potential price growth, I would choose to give money than giving my investation assets.
But maybe if it’s for my son's wedding maybe I will give him for his use as an investation asset as well, not as money for his honeymoon.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
September 27, 2017, 02:29:30 AM
Yes I will give bitcoin as a wedding gift as long as I have enough bitcoin in my wallet and if the couple are also bitcoin users. For me its convenient specially if you dont know what kind of gift you are going to give them. And bitcoin as a gift is a cool idea who knows by giving them bitcoin and by the time the price increases super high then you are able to help them financially.
Activity: 243
September 26, 2017, 11:34:23 AM
I so wish someone will gift me some coins. It could lead to some lost coins, but if the one who gives it takes the time to educate the gifted about bitcoins, it could help with adoption. My feeling is assuming the price shoots up in a few years, assuming they forget all about the coins in the internet.
I also want to receive bitcoins as gift instead of giving it away but still if I have to give a gift to someone who is closer to me and is aware of bitcoins, I will show generosity and give him some amount of bitcoins. This way, they will have some financial support and the price will also increase with time.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 12:20:25 AM
i myself get bitcoin as a gift from a friend and therefore i will surely like to give bitcoin as wedding gift, i think that it will be as a unique gift specially in my area//
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
September 26, 2017, 12:11:50 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
For me its a yes for those who really knows bitcoins but if the newly wed did not know about it then I maybe the one to convert it into cash. I will not let them confused about bitcoins but if they are willing to listen and learn about it then I will teach them well.
Activity: 324
September 26, 2017, 12:08:40 AM
this is an inspiring question, but in some places I have heard of a gift of bitcoin. But for the wedding category is still a little, but if we want the couple with the gift, that I think the option is good  Cheesy
Activity: 1302
September 25, 2017, 11:53:27 PM
it is an interesting and funny question. bitcoin can give as wedding gift,as well  as hanymon gift for new bridegroom  or couple. some one can transfer bitcoin as cash and spends their marriage ceremony.
Activity: 392
September 25, 2017, 10:38:09 PM
This gives a good idea, by giving a gift of bitcoin is certainly very fun. Because, more and more the existence of advanced technology will surely be new in one's life and even can be used as their investment capital.
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
September 25, 2017, 09:44:33 PM
I will not give bitcoin for gift wedding, this is because bitcoin is anonymous so the recipient does not know who send bitcoin, better give me a real gift like honeymoon ticket.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 25, 2017, 09:23:25 PM
Maybe I just give them some cash so they can buy whatever they want or they can use it to start a family.
In that way, I'm sure that they'll appreciate it than giving them a bitcoin.
And I don't want to give them hard time to think where they can spend it.
Activity: 350
September 25, 2017, 09:15:18 PM

Maybe Smiley but for now i donr care to all girls hehe becuase bitcoin is life for now im just earning to become rich someday like others but if i have a girlfriend i will buy a weddingring if i have a lot of btc then i will give it to her.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
September 25, 2017, 09:00:29 PM

I will give it as a wedding gift if my wife in the future is a bitcoin user. Having 1 bitcoin is really awesome. Nowadays, it is really hard to own a bitcoin because it is now expensive.
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
Own your playlist.
September 25, 2017, 08:57:41 PM
It's also worth noting that brides and grooms are increasingly looking to make donations to charitable organizations in lieu of giving out wedding favors. I could totally see a charitable element being brought into this.

For example: for every wedding guest who gives bitcoin as a wedding present, the company gives 1% as a charitable donation to XYZ charity.
Pages:
Jump to: