Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you keepuse Bitcoin if government says bitcoin is illegal in your country? - page 3. (Read 5648 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
If government says that bitcoin is illegal, then it will be a problem to use it. Even if it has a huge potential to grow in price but I don't want to do any illegal things.

So, if the government declares bitcoin as illegal, I will probably sell off my holdings at current rate and enjoy with that money and nothing else.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
If it really has a big punishment like I will be imprisoned if I'm caught using it then I will not use bitcoin. I will just find another way to have income and be free than suffer because I insist in using something that's illegal. May be I will shift to another cryptocurrency that is not illegal and then gain from there. There will always be a way if I look hard enough.
I agree, if it were a significant amount of jail time I would just sell all of them. But if it was some vague law where I didn’t think I would get caught I would just keep them. Government saying bitcoin is illegal is not going to happen though.
though i doubt that they would make it a jail punishable thing, though even if they did you could just use a vpn and they wouldnt be able to control it
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I might keep some in an offline wallet and leave it alone for a while. If they're like Russia, they'll flip and flop on deciding whether they want to support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies or not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some state-sanctioned cryptocurrencies very soon in an attempt to compete. There have already been some announcements of pilot projects.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
If it really has a big punishment like I will be imprisoned if I'm caught using it then I will not use bitcoin. I will just find another way to have income and be free than suffer because I insist in using something that's illegal. May be I will shift to another cryptocurrency that is not illegal and then gain from there. There will always be a way if I look hard enough.
I agree, if it were a significant amount of jail time I would just sell all of them. But if it was some vague law where I didn’t think I would get caught I would just keep them. Government saying bitcoin is illegal is not going to happen though.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 587
Most of the governments will never allow bitcoin to be legal in their country. Because Government wants to control the power of people. So they will not allow free distribution of money to their people. Instead they will try to capture the source of it and enjoy it's benefits.

However, due to the technological complexities, most of the government is not bothered by bitcoin. That's a good thing.
I think they will. It has already shown great promise, even in lands where bitcoin is illegal, people are still using it to make money because they need to live. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Bitcoin is the way out of poverty for many people.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I think i have to fight for our rights lol. They cant just consider bitcoin as illegal even if it is used in legit ways like mining amg shopping but if do so then i have no choice at all

Of course. As a legit citizen of your country, you have every right to make a complain and be vocal about it.
But still, if the government says so, it is an ultimatum especially in a non-democratic country.
We could always petition the house and make a huge widespread deal about it. Bitcoin isn’t just some fake currency and the government needs to see that. They also need to see that it can be used more for good than for bad.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
yes I would break the law and I would continue use bitcoin as my country's currency doesn't allow me to earn money but bitcoin allow to earn money by mining, faucet, trading and by many other, so even if it becomes illegal I would continue using bitcoin
Activity: 210
I would leave the country rather. What's illegal with bitcoin, those old man who decides that bitcoin is illegal, I think they should jump in well and die. Its we human who had created this and we are using this do what's illegal
Activity: 260
No my trust in my country is greater than my trust in bitcoin, but depending on the country I could understand if you vote yet. My country wouldn't ban it without a good reason or atleast that's how I feel.
Yeah but imagine getting punished I'm not sure yet. It depends what the law would say and how high the punishment would be. I'm all for freedom but I don't want to risk going to jail or getting a big fine
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
Government policy does not mean anything, they just say without acting. so I was free to use bitcoin, although bitcoin deemed illegal.
Activity: 275
No my trust in my country is greater than my trust in bitcoin, but depending on the country I could understand if you vote yet. My country wouldn't ban it without a good reason or atleast that's how I feel.
Activity: 239
of course i would be using it in my opinion, it is the best currency ever

+1 Can't forbid me to buy virtual coins for my own money and trade them back in, that would be nonsense.. I'd buy even more to piss them off lol
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
If a country government bans bitcoin, I believe their people should also stop using it. Most governments are just trying to find loopholes and trying to trap people in paying fines if the rules are broken. If your country is such then you should stop using bitcoin immediately. The government will keep a tap on these people not following their orders and then nab them when the accumulated sum becomes large and ask for a huge fine.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
Maybe I will continue using bitcoin even if it start be illegal in my country but if more and more countries does not allow bitcoin to be used then the number of people using bitcoin will decrease very deep then bitcoin will be useless and maybe I will stop using it.
Depends on the situation or level of banning they implemented on bitcoin. I mean, if they do ban it as in physical use of bitcoin, then of course I'll still use bitcoin, only that I won't be able to convert them to fiat anymore.

However, if they completely ban bitcoin even just simply visiting bitcoin-related websites, then I don't know. I may use VPS to bypass and not be traced for doing so.

Exactly it will all depend on the regulations applied of the said country on bitcoin. Like I stated in my previous post, if it was just stated as illegal but no regulations about it then people can still use bitcoin.

Like Russian is not really banned bitcoin from their country, and that is a just argument and I think the government will think for a twice for banning bitcoin because that is just becoming a useless thing and from the Russian cases, we know the government will more concerned about their civilian's needs.
Activity: 336
It is not illegal in my country so I would still use bitcoin as long as I can.  I could do buy things with it online and I couod also pay my bills using bitcoin.  It would not be declared illegal because in our country banks, 711 store, and cash remittances were using and acknowledging bitcoin as mode of payments.  If ever that there would be a time that they would ban it, I would comply but there should be alternative for it.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
for me it depend on my own life's risk. if I found enough ways to keep my self anonymous and untraceable from government I may still use it. but if I found I can't hide my self and possible can get jailed I would probably quite using bitcoin..

i would be still using it, it is not an illegal think and it shouldnt be banned i think
You can't say it shouldn't be. gov can do anything. they can ban bitcoin if they found that bitcoin is becoming a threat for their Banks, businesses and their own currency.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1128
I think i have to fight for our rights lol. They cant just consider bitcoin as illegal even if it is used in legit ways like mining amg shopping but if do so then i have no choice at all

Well, it is always stated that "our rights ends when others rights starts"... Therefore, if government has a plan, then we have nothing to do with it, we have no choice but to follow, but since most of us is resilient enough, I think even if it is declared as illegal I think we will still pursue to collect bitcoin... There is always a way for things that could possibly make us alive or survive in life...  Smiley

Yes , for me as long as we keep on using it on legal ways then there would be no ways that bitcoin will be considered as illegal by our government and i think they will support us instead

Yup... I hope no bank heist or any crime in the internet that could involve bitcoin... That way there is no reason for the government to monitor or ban the use of bitcoin... For now, I think it's just fine even if the government won't support bitcoin, as long as they are not planning to  impose harsh move against bitcoin...  Smiley

Absolutely but if the government will monitor bitcoin then i think there would be no problem for that. It only means thst they are starting to recognized bitcoin which is good for us
Monitoring bitcoin to a certain extent would be fine. Extra verification for transfers over a million dollars or maybe over 1000BTC would be fine. Point is if there will be some government intervention to all the bitcoin related things, it has to be bad. But personally, I feel I will be keeping on using bitcoins even any regulations will be implemented by my government.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
In my country, using torrents to download movies and TV programs are illegal. But no one seems to bother about the ban. Almost everyone is using torrents to download whatever they want. The same will happen with Bitcoin as well. Even if the government bans it, no one is going to give any importance to it. Business will go on, as usual.
Activity: 137
i would be still using it, it is not an illegal think and it shouldnt be banned i think
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Maybe I will continue using bitcoin even if it start be illegal in my country but if more and more countries does not allow bitcoin to be used then the number of people using bitcoin will decrease very deep then bitcoin will be useless and maybe I will stop using it.
Depends on the situation or level of banning they implemented on bitcoin. I mean, if they do ban it as in physical use of bitcoin, then of course I'll still use bitcoin, only that I won't be able to convert them to fiat anymore.

However, if they completely ban bitcoin even just simply visiting bitcoin-related websites, then I don't know. I may use VPS to bypass and not be traced for doing so.

Exactly it will all depend on the regulations applied of the said country on bitcoin. Like I stated in my previous post, if it was just stated as illegal but no regulations about it then people can still use bitcoin.

If there's a regulation about bitcoin being banned on the said country, withdrawing and converting bitcoin to their respective fiat will really goes now in a hard way.
Pages:
Jump to: