Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you keepuse Bitcoin if government says bitcoin is illegal in your country? - page 4. (Read 5648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
Maybe I will continue using bitcoin even if it start be illegal in my country but if more and more countries does not allow bitcoin to be used then the number of people using bitcoin will decrease very deep then bitcoin will be useless and maybe I will stop using it.
Depends on the situation or level of banning they implemented on bitcoin. I mean, if they do ban it as in physical use of bitcoin, then of course I'll still use bitcoin, only that I won't be able to convert them to fiat anymore.

However, if they completely ban bitcoin even just simply visiting bitcoin-related websites, then I don't know. I may use VPS to bypass and not be traced for doing so.
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I would definitely continue to use bitcoin if it became illegal in my country. Honestly I would probably use it more.
I think now, even in some countries bitcoin has been banned for use but you could see the deployment of bitcoin is still ongoing and it does not give a great effect on the bitcoin. although bitcoin illegal though but if bitcoin still has a price
yeah, there are countries that ban bitcoins right now to be honest, i think that it is not a good thing to do because if bitcoin takes over then that country would have trouble
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I would definitely continue to use bitcoin if it became illegal in my country. Honestly I would probably use it more.
I think now, even in some countries bitcoin has been banned for use but you could see the deployment of bitcoin is still ongoing and it does not give a great effect on the bitcoin. although bitcoin illegal though but if bitcoin still has a price
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
Make Bitcoin illegal in most country will trigger a Streisand effect, and I think more peoples will look in it.
I'll use it even more definitively.

if it happens in most countries (which is unlikely by the way) the price will take a huge hit and it will become hard to keep holding bitcoin for a period of time. but after that things will grow.

but to answer OP, i will continue using bitcoin even if my government says bitcoin is illegal because that would be a stupid decision (which they have never made it so far) and nobody can stop me from using it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
I am confident that bitcoin will not break our society in any way. We are going through turbulence of course and that should be expected. But, the government shouldn’t panic just because there is something new at our feet. We need to embrace it and convince others to embrace it as well.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Yes I'd still use bitcoin, the idea behind bitcoin is not illegal and countries are just scared bitcoin will take over and make banks go bankrupt. If i choose to invest my money in digital goods i have the right to do so and bitcoins can be seen as digital goods!!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
that is the beauty of bitcoin, nobody can "stop" you from using it or simply investing in it and holding it on a piece of paper (your bitcoin private key) the only thing they can do is making it harder to use bitcoin for example in case a country bans bitcoin you will have a hard time buying and selling it for local currency or transferring the money earned with bitcoin to your bank. but you can always use bitcoin as a currency online.
Activity: 658
My government is not going to order like that as they are feeling easy with their people using bitcoin as because of this currency the citizens are getting their income and they are not the burden on state.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 574
Make Bitcoin illegal in most country will trigger a Streisand effect, and I think more peoples will look in it.
I'll use it even more definitively.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I probably would use Bitcoin even if it was ilegal in my country, maybe except if I was living in North Korea, I would not risk my life usin it with such a strict goverment. I would rather move in another country if it ilegalized a cryptocurrency, it is a currency too, nothing bad about it.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I think i have to fight for our rights lol. They cant just consider bitcoin as illegal even if it is used in legit ways like mining amg shopping but if do so then i have no choice at all
Yes we do have to fight for the right to use bitcoin if they try to take it. I don’t think that they will ever make it illegal but if it came down to it I’m sure we could petition the law. There are too many useful ways for it to be used that the government can’t make it illegal.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Exactly, it would be impossible for them to pinpoint every bitcoin user and fine them or whatever the punishment would be. Bitcoin will never be made illegal to stop people using it because it’s not possible to stop the TCP/IP protocol to stop bitcoin running.

The government don't have to stop that protocol thing you are talking too because the law is only applied for a certain country and not as the whole. Meaning it's not globally.

Also as long as the word itself "illegal" is the concern, then you can still freely use your bitcoin. Restrictions to your part will just be followed if your government will truly ban bitcoin in your country.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I think i have to fight for our rights lol. They cant just consider bitcoin as illegal even if it is used in legit ways like mining amg shopping but if do so then i have no choice at all
Exactly, it would be impossible for them to pinpoint every bitcoin user and fine them or whatever the punishment would be. Bitcoin will never be made illegal to stop people using it because it’s not possible to stop the TCP/IP protocol to stop bitcoin running.
Activity: 882
if any country declare anything which us illegal than all the sites related to that thing will be banned for that country  so no one will use . amd if one can acces btc siteams than what he will do if no one will buy btc in his country . so i will exit if it happened .
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
It depends on what amount of Bitcoin I still have available to me and where I would be able to use it, and it depends on what kinds of bans we're talking about. there are some ban types that would allow for us to exchange it off before it gets wiped completely, while there are other bans that just stop everything altogether. Chances are I'd comply with a ban that didn't just make me lose all of my investment.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Crypto is love, crypto is life
If it really has a big punishment like I will be imprisoned if I'm caught using it then I will not use bitcoin. I will just find another way to have income and be free than suffer because I insist in using something that's illegal. May be I will shift to another cryptocurrency that is not illegal and then gain from there. There will always be a way if I look hard enough.
I am not gunna stop using it and I doubt anyone would. It would be really hard to enforce since they wouldn’t have any real access to anyone’s information unless they raid any bitcoin exchanges or bitcoin accepting merchants after finding them guilty for using bitcoins even after ban. Otherwise they will not get chances to track any individual.
i would definitely not stop it, i think i would just use avpn or something like that because bitcoin is going to have a bright future and i want to participate in that
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Maybe I will continue using bitcoin even if it start be illegal in my country but if more and more countries does not allow bitcoin to be used then the number of people using bitcoin will decrease very deep then bitcoin will be useless and maybe I will stop using it.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
If Bitcoin Really Banned in My Country Then I Will Exchange My All Bitcoins Into Another Altcoin And Start Using the Other Altcoins To Grow My Money....
But It Is Not Possible Now....

uh, I think it's safe to say that if bitcoin is criminalized then so will everything else. they're not gonna add 'apart from bbq coin because it's kinda tasty'.
Yeah this is very true. If the government decided to ban bitcoin they would probably ban all cryptocurrencies. It wouldn’t make sense to just get rid on a single crypto currency. So, exchanging into any other alt will not be solution, but keeping using bitcoin secretly is still possible even after any ban.

That is certainly true, but I think that the Government will not do so if they can still control the finances that go into his country. I am convinced that the growth of the bitcoin would be better and would not give the ugliness to the users of the bitcoin. Don't ever think negative because it will make your life becomes bad

It depends. If Bitcoin grows too large, and becomes somewhat of a threat to the economy and banking system, then they will surely come up with certain policies to push Bitcoin back. Total ban can be one of these policies. But then again, the only thing that will happen is that the market will be more p2p than it ever was. Governments can't stop that.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
i will keep using bitcoin because bitcoin is now part of my life and was used to pay so many thing
Pages:
Jump to: