Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you kill your own children if God commanded you to? - page 15. (Read 9690 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Would you kill your own children if God commanded you to?
A perfectly valid legit question.

Please no attempts to derail the thread with nonsense like "God would never say that" or "God would never change the rules with murder" etc....

I would rather try to kill God than to harm my children, I must protect my children.

+1

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this way.

LOL.  I'd kill God first before I would harm any human being.

Nowhere in New Testament does God ask his children of anything even remotely similar to harming their offspring.

I never said it did.
NIce strawman argument.  Smiley

Its not strawman, its correcting your false statements. God that commands you to kill your children, is not christian God. You call your entity Zeus, Diablo or Mass Effects Rreaper for all I care.

Abraham and Isaac? Anyone?
Doesn't ring a bell?

Where did you miss, I said New Testament? You are referring to the Old one (bound to jewish folk), controversial passage that is interpreted as *proof of faith*. Similar example would be, if you asked to your pregnant fiancee for DNA proof of your paternity. Do you have faith in her love and chastity or not?

So I would like to point out, that God did not actually ask his men to kill their children, but to prove their faith in His judgement. Perhaps He had his own reason for doubting their sincerity.

But I see your point, it is sometimes observed even by believers, that manifestation of Old Testament God is far more cruel, than the New Testaments one, perhaps reflecting different experiences of witnesses as both Testaments are separated by many hundreds od years.

Did God go through some soul searching and become less violent in New Testament?  How about today?  Are we talking about the same God?

Fuck, if you do not see that these stories were just stories written by PEOPLE you are stupid.  Period.

There was no God involved in any of it.  If it was, the story would not be changing as times goes on...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
Just something for you to think about..
Why does humans feel ashamed of their cock and pussies ?..

Now if another person shows them to the whole VILLAGE what will happen if in PAKISTAN..
And if your a women and done it what would happen?..

BUT WHO TOLD YOU TO FEEL ASHAMED?
legendary
Popcorn,

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? - Luke 6:41

When you refer to books. Perhaps you should try to read them before putting them on fire. Find me a passage of Quran (because you find none in the christian New Testament), that says: "Kill your child and wife for honor of your family."

You are blatantly mistaking old and indeed primitive tribal customs from Asia with gospel of holy scripture. And your mixing up of various world religions with some mountain primitives says alot about your perspective. 85% (!) of humankind believes in some sort of spirit or God. And those 85% have more children than you do. Disproving your argument, that theists are somehow more inclined to be child killers.

Atheists engineered industrial genocide with secular rationalization and purely material motivation. Does it mean separation of church and state is wrong? I dont know, but I am not so full of myself as to blame constitution or all law abidding atheists for such crimes.

We are all responsible for choices we make in this life. Thats why we were gifted with free will.
Sorry to much BADECKER ..^ baseless facts^

You don't know how the world works you think it works by god .
So i suppose i will not win a NUTTER Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
Popcorn,

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? - Luke 6:41

When you refer to books. Perhaps you should try to read them before putting them on fire. Find me a passage of Quran (because you find none in the christian New Testament), that says: "Kill your child and wife for honor of your family."

You are blatantly mistaking old and indeed primitive tribal customs from Asia with gospel of holy scripture. And your mixing up of various world religions with some mountain primitives says alot about your perspective. 85% (!) of humankind believes in some sort of spirit or God. And those 85% have more children than you do. Disproving your argument, that theists are somehow more inclined to be child killers.

Atheists engineered industrial genocide with secular rationalization and purely material motivation. Does it mean separation of church and state is wrong? I dont know, but I am not so full of myself as to blame constitution or all law abidding atheists for such crimes.

We are all responsible for choices we make in this life. Thats why we were gifted with free will.
legendary
So about 1 in 5 people would kill their children for god WOW.
So 1 in 5 children sleep with 1 eye open in case the parent kill them..

Also i hope who ever voted to kill their own children i hope your getting WATCHED Cheesy..
ISIS is nothing compared to you..Unless you are ISIS Cheesy..

If you are ENJOY killing yourselves  Wink..One less nutter on this planet..

Did it occur to you, that those voting "yes" are trolls like Moloch?  Wink Just a little conspiracy theory for you right there.

If that is being the case, you are being trolled right now.

It is clear as day, that poll was made by western atheist. Otherwise, there would be some polling options even for theists. Regardless of their particular faith or culture.

No it's you who is DELUDED BRAINWASHED..
Is this not to do with RELIGION?..

Women Are Dying in Overseas Honor Killings, and No One Knows ...
www.newsweek.com/.../honor-killings-violence-against-women-seeta-kaur-india-paki...
8 hours ago - Hassan Khan, whose wife Zeenat was killed by her mother, lays rose petals on her grave in Lahore, Pakistan on June 9, 2016. A law in

Honor killing - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing
An honor killing or shame killing is the homicide of a member of a family by other members, due ... Although rarely, men can also be the victims of honor killings by members of the family of a woman with whom they are perceived to have an .

Rare case of man murdered in 'honour killing' shocks Pakistan
www.news.com.au/.../man-murdered...honour-killing.../e31edf8f4b500f5147eb0f0eb45...
22 Jul 2016 - A YOUNG man has been tortured to death in Pakistan in a rare case of a male falling victim to a so-called “honour killing”, authorities say..

Honour killing what is it?..

Rules that the people lead by there RELIGION..Upset the way your religion makes you live
you do HONOUR KILLING..

God said no looking at other boys..
God said no sex before marriage..

God said the father is the boss and can choose who the daughter marries ..

Now if the daughter sometimes the son upsets the family they have the right to kill them
BECAUSE YOUR BOOKS SAY SO..
I.E    GOD..

So it's no conspiracy it's a fact people kill their own children for religion..I.E ..GOD SAID..

It is clear as day, that poll was made by western atheist.  MAYBE SO..BUT IT'S THE TRUTH..

People kill the children for their RELIGION..HONOUR KILLINGS Roll Eyes

Also i hope who ever voted to kill their own children i hope your getting WATCHED Cheesy..

If you are ENJOY killing yourselves  Wink..One less nutter on this planet..

Did it occur to you, that those voting "yes" are trolls like Moloch?  Wink Just a little conspiracy theory for you right there.

If that is being the case, you are being trolled right now.

It is clear as day, that poll was made by western atheist. Otherwise, there would be some polling options even for theists. Regardless of their particular faith or culture.
legendary

If you are ENJOY killing yourselves  Wink..One less nutter on this planet..
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If god commands me to kill my own children i´ll say no, what kind of god tell his followers to kill they future of his religion?
What is God? Allah. We all know that among the suicide bombers, all Muslims. All these people are someone's children. Their families know that they are going to commit and not stop them. It's not like killing your own children?

Please no attempts to derail the thread with nonsense like "God would never say that" or "God would never change the rules with murder" etc....

I would rather try to kill God than to harm my children, I must protect my children.

+1

LOL.  I'd kill God first before I would harm any human being.

Nowhere in New Testament does God ask his children of anything even remotely similar to harming their offspring.

I never said it did.
NIce strawman argument.  Smiley

Its not strawman, its correcting your false statements. God that commands you to kill your children, is not christian God. You call your entity Zeus, Diablo or Mass Effects Rreaper for all I care.

Doesn't ring a bell?

Where did you miss, I said New Testament? You are referring to the Old one (bound to jewish folk), controversial passage that is interpreted as *proof of faith*. Similar example would be, if you asked to your pregnant fiancee for DNA proof of your paternity. Do you have faith in her love and chastity or not?

So I would like to point out, that God did not actually ask his men to kill their children, but to prove their faith in His judgement. Perhaps He had his own reason for doubting their sincerity.

But I see your point, it is sometimes observed even by believers, that manifestation of Old Testament God is far more cruel, than the New Testaments one, perhaps reflecting different experiences of witnesses as both Testaments are separated by many hundreds od years.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
If god told me to do that I'd tell him/her/it to suck my dick. As him/her/it allegedly created my dick I would then sit back and enjoy the finest blow job of my entire life, not that I like them very much anyway.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
If god commands me to kill my own children i´ll say no, what kind of god tell his followers to kill they future of his religion?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic.

Does it really make that much difference to the question if God or Satan asked? If Satan asked then God must be giving the thumbs up because he allows it.

God asked
or
Satan asked, and God allows it, so he's okay with it.

Not really much difference between the two. Your splittng hairs.

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

+1

LOL.  I'd kill God first before I would harm any human being.

I never said it did.
NIce strawman argument.  Smiley

Yeah but I said it did.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+22&version=ERV

Doesn't ring a bell?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016

+1

I never said it did.
NIce strawman argument.  Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

You atheists have very funny way of thinking how this universe works. I am amused. Thank you.

Quite the opposite. OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic. This thread - is your brain on drugs.

You can rest assured, that his existence is not tied to your desire to "kill him". In fact, he loves you none the less.

what?
"Then God said, “Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains there. I will tell you which mountain.”"

That's right here in the Bible man.

And I agree, if God asked me that, I would make it like I'm going to kill my son, and at the last moment BAM! A big knife in the allmighty! Cheesy
And that he had a knife. He's immortal. God can only be killed in the minds of those who believe in it. I've heard a few cases where crazy maniacs killing people only because I heard a voice in my head. It seems to me that everyone who hears the voices in my head lunatics and no matter is the voice of God or someone else.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529

You atheists have very funny way of thinking how this universe works. I am amused. Thank you.

Quite the opposite. OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic. This thread - is your brain on drugs.

You can rest assured, that his existence is not tied to your desire to "kill him". In fact, he loves you none the less.

what?
"Then God said, “Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains there. I will tell you which mountain.”"

That's right here in the Bible man.

And I agree, if God asked me that, I would make it like I'm going to kill my son, and at the last moment BAM! A big knife in the allmighty! Cheesy

+1

Nowhere in New Testament does God ask his children of anything even remotely similar to harming their offspring. Quite the opposite. OP clearly mistakes "God" for Satan or some abortion clinic. This thread - is your brain on drugs.

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

Well my opinion is that i would never do something like that. Because if God commanded me, that means i heard his voice or something like that. In that case that would mean that i am mentally ill and that i need medical help, because if person hear and see something that only he can hear than its for medical help XD .

I don't think that you will be mentally ill if you hear God's voice.
In such case, all saints and holy mans from the history, including Jesus, st. Francis etc. was mentally ill and crazy.
I don't think so.
Crazy people don't hear voices from god but from evil spirits.
It's very difficult to deal with it if people are emotionally unstable.
So, if you hear voice and command to kill your own child, first try to find out who is talking with you.
Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that God does not speak to us directly. But true deeds and situations. And how can you be sure that even if it is possible that God will speak and can speak to you, how can you be sure that its God, and not some evil spirit pretending to be God? Mentally ill person will always say that he is sane and that it is not his fault for something he done, that "God" or "evil spirits" told him to do this or that....
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

Any god fearing person knows that a message like that only comes from the devil. Your OP is hilarious in that you attempt to silence anyone who would share a reason why they answer "no".

In fact, this has me wondering - what's the name of your messenger from god? There's only three or so answers to that question...and your answer could imply your thinking on this question.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
No i would never do that,rather i would die saving my children.It is my own blood and how the hell God can command me to kill my son?
Would God kill his children if he had too?no He would not because he loves his children so do I.
Pages:
Jump to: