Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you "swap" your crypto for a Tesla? - page 4. (Read 2403 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON
For me definitely not, because the price of cryptocurrency could go higher (eventhough also could be lower) in the future, while the price of a car must be dropped when newer cars are launched. So i think using fiat is the most comfort way to buy a car while cryptocurrency is just for investment, if people are making legality for crypto transaction it should be stable currency like usdt.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
I would definitely hold my crypto and not exchange to any car from Tesla. My crypto will surely grow more in the future and I can buy that I want. I also thinking to invest more in bitcoin and other potential cryptocurrency.

I agree that investing in crypto is more profitable than tesla not everyone can afford to buy tesla but investing in cryptocurrencies with less capital will double the price. Tesla can usually be confined to one place crypto prices are constantly rising the demand for crypto is much higher for price increase.
Activity: 664
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
Unfortunately, Tesla doesn't do that. and maybe they will prefer fiat payments over crypto assets.
if they accept crypto as payment like BTC I think it will be tough for crypto owners to use their BTC to buy a car.
maybe it happened but I believe it's just to create content that will raise the rating of the crypto market and tesla stock.
we know-how so far, crypto is used as an investment asset, not as a legal tender. although some countries have legalized crypto that can be used as a means of payment. but I'm sure more people only legalize crypto-assets as investment assets, not as legal tender.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
Hello everyone!

So with the hype around crypto that Elon Musk is creating and with the news about possibility of acquisition of any Tesla car with crypto, comes my question:
Would you buy a Tesla with BTC or ETH? Aren't we going to regret it? In future, will this turn to an event similar to "Bitcoin Pizza Day" where people will be sayin that someone spend a whole BTC or 10 ETH for a car Huh?
Even Tesla is a well known and unique car brand I would definitely not gonna swap my hodlings like BTC, ETH and any other cryptocurrencies for it because I know that this kind of car will go old and its value will depreciate after a long run while my hodlings price can go up and get me richer after a long run.
Tesla and BTC may become obsolete, and there's a chance that no one will use crypto in the future, but this is a remote probability. I won't buy Tesla with crypto, in my opinion, because I know it will be more valuable than Tesla if I hodl for a longer period of time, and I don't want Tesla because it isn't really a thing in my country. I don't see any problem with your decision as long as he's already enjoying life without even buying a Tesla. That's why there's a preference, if you prefer to invest more in crypto, then it's your choice and part of the gamble already as long as you've studied it that you'll make more profit hodling BTC than buying Tesla.

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Hello everyone!

So with the hype around crypto that Elon Musk is creating and with the news about possibility of acquisition of any Tesla car with crypto, comes my question:
Would you buy a Tesla with BTC or ETH? Aren't we going to regret it? In future, will this turn to an event similar to "Bitcoin Pizza Day" where people will be sayin that someone spend a whole BTC or 10 ETH for a car Huh?
Even Tesla is a well known and unique car brand I would definitely not gonna swap my hodlings like BTC, ETH and any other cryptocurrencies for it because I know that this kind of car will go old and its value will depreciate after a long run while my hodlings price can go up and get me richer after a long run.

Who knows how exactly OP meant the question, but from that perspective it is just a question of judgement whether I believe that my crypto might drop or increase or stay where it is. I don't think it is so much about a specific product. If I have crypto available and I want something else of value, I just do the maths right?

If it is can I have one Tesla or one Bitcoin, well that's a bit different. But generally you should make careful considerations at some point because the time will come where it is smarter to get rid of at least some of your cryptocurrencies instead of holding them forever. In the end it stores value and gives you freedom in making financial decisions. It is therefore rather unlikely that holding Bitcoin until your death makes a whole lot of sense.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
I would definitely hold my crypto and not exchange to any car from Tesla. My crypto will surely grow more in the future and I can buy that I want. I also thinking to invest more in bitcoin and other potential cryptocurrency.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
The price all brands of cars is never going up, the price will keep down because too many unit on the market and alot of brands competitor. But circulating supply of BTC is limited and hard to mining. So in this case, I prefer to hold BTC than have a Tesla car's. But the price of Tesla stock has room to go higher in the long term because the current market cap around $600B, this company has potential to reach marketcap to $2T just like Apple.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
Yes right, I think Tesla is still early and untested in the market, while ethereum is the second strongest coin after bitcoin and the price of ethereum will continue to increase.
True, and it has been seen, but at the moment the price of Ethereum is still continuing to fall and there is no sign of increasing, it could be that it is influenced by the decline in Bitcoin that is still ongoing at this time.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
Where you get that information? I dont get any news about it.
Its not a stupid things to do, but when the Bitcoin price keeps growing like x100 from now, that situation will be remembered as a fool things.
If that's really stupid in your opinion, then don't do anything about it because basically I've never invited or influenced anyone to do anything, and if Bitcoin continues to grow like x100 from now on, why do you say it will be remembered as a bad thing stupid?
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
I have a car, and I like gas-powered cars, so my reply is no. Besides, cars are consumer goods that will only depreciate, while cryptos are different, there is a lot of room for appreciation.
If you swap it now, you might miss the changce that  buy several Teslas for the same amount of cryptos after a few years.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
that possibility can happen if it doesn't affect the price of bitcoin and eth, but if the scheme is made to destroy the market price of the two coins it will have a bad impact on the market price because the elon is the one who owns the coins
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
For my answer, I would never swap my crypto asset to Tesla or any car be it lambo or maserati. If there is one thing I would like my crypto asset to swap on is another revenue generating asset as rental property home or acres of land to plant.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
The problem is that those cars are many times more expensive than regular cars and as long as that is the case then people are not going to consider them as in many places a Tesla is way more expensive than a house, so until the price of those cars do not become cheaper then it is going to be difficult for the company to become profitable and when we add all the things he did to crash the price then it is natural that people are not going to want to swap their crypto for a Tesla.

Actually, they are not. According to google, cheapest tesla sport car cost around $46k. How much would a regular car wish similar features and technologies cost? The car that makes 0-100 km/h in about 2 sec. What could be its closest competitor? If we take speed, than we should take some luxurious sports cars, and they cost way more than $40k. Tesla mode 3 with base configuration cost $35k. Lets take a regular business class sedan, Audi A6, BMW 5 series or MB E-class. All of them in base configuration cost. Cheapest BMW 5 series, with 3 liter engine cost $50k. If you add parking assistant, seat heats, big screen, multimedia, its price can go easily to $70k+
Activity: 368
Merit: 101
Hello everyone!

I would definitely not gonna swap my crypto hodlings for just a tesla knowing that in the longer run cryptos getting much valuable than tesla and hodling crypto is a long life investment.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 451
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
I would not change my crypto for any Tesla car. I still like cars with internal combustion engines even more. I like Porsche or Lamborghini better.
Yes mate you are absolutely right because why I couldn't converted my Bitcoin and others cryptocurrencies for Tesla. But recently tesla car already denied crypto in their trading platform. They are no more on cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Why not, if it's needed? Tesla cars are run by electricity so it creates differences with ordinary cars run on fossil fuels and also it has a huge impact on the environment because it has no pollutants, lets us think in advance, and it's not all about crypto it's about the necessity if I need a car for transportation definitely I will buy a Tesla car if they were accepting crypto then I will pay in crypto that simple because crypto serves its purpose.    
The problem is that those cars are many times more expensive than regular cars and as long as that is the case then people are not going to consider them as in many places a Tesla is way more expensive than a house, so until the price of those cars do not become cheaper then it is going to be difficult for the company to become profitable and when we add all the things he did to crash the price then it is natural that people are not going to want to swap their crypto for a Tesla.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 108
No no I will not exchange my Crypto for Tesla. no matter how much Crypto I have I will not do that. I prefer to exchange it for another type of car besides Tesla.
It's just about everyone's personal preferences, so there's no need to disclose if it's not a problem, because other brands of cars are still better than Tesla products so it's natural that some people still maintain other brands of cars and don't want to exchange their cryptocurrency with Tesla.
Activity: 325
Merit: 101
No no I will not exchange my Crypto for Tesla. no matter how much Crypto I have I will not do that. I prefer to exchange it for another type of car besides Tesla.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I am a great fan of tesla. My country generates nearly 100% electricity from renewables and it's much cheaper than gasoline. I'm just waiting for my 4 year old petrol vehicle to age and tesla get a bit cheaper. I'm not a fan of huge cars and upcoming tesla hatchback would be a good choice for me. I'm also interested in BYD's upcoming ea1 but tesla surely would come with something better on even cheaper price. If possible in my dealer, I'd swap my crypto savings for tesla.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
Why not, if it's needed? Tesla cars are run by electricity so it creates differences with ordinary cars run on fossil fuels and also it has a huge impact on the environment because it has no pollutants, lets us think in advance, and it's not all about crypto it's about the necessity if I need a car for transportation definitely I will buy a Tesla car if they were accepting crypto then I will pay in crypto that simple because crypto serves its purpose.    
Pages:
Jump to: