Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you trust FB with your KYC details? - page 4. (Read 13830 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 100
Why not? I trust the banks, whose services I use, my personal data. I trust some projects when I go through the verification procedure. FB has strong partners, mastercard for example, if I decide to use Libra, I will trust this project. The question will I decide.

people scared about facebook isee data leaked, they are unconscious everyday they are share their personal identity, like use bank services, and other activity.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1
I would not trust anyone with my documents a lot of deception and nobody can be trusted
I do not even use exchanges that require proof of identity
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
I wouldn't. I don't think this coin will succeed! What do you think?

No, of course not! I wouldn't trust Facebook with everything. Well, I trust them as a social media. But personal information? Hell, no! Facebook does not have a clean track record in safekeeping personal information. But, in fairness to the Libra project, it is not going to be a Facebook project. I have read several times that the partnership with a good number of ultra rich companies are present. Facebook is just one member.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11

You should consider the number of members on Facebook. Facebook has members in almost all countries and I think Facebook has all of our data, starting with our telephone number or email address. I think Libra coin will attract a lot of investment from many people
Facebook has a lot of members in various countries but that doesn't mean if almost 100% of them will use libra and remember the blockchain system is too early to be adopted by an ordinary person with zero knowledge about that. it may be less than 10% of the total users that will try to adopt it. I remind you to put a high result as your expectation only.

Facebook has more than 2 billion members and is spread throughout the world. If 10% of its members use Libra coin to transact between members, this will result in large numbers. With Facebook, many people transact and interact easily and Libra coins make the transaction faster.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
Facebook already know my friends,my school details and more than my family about me. The giving the documents can be a hassle for the average investor.

That is right as long as you already use their plat for they already know all the information that they need, so why bother with KYC if they can just connect Libra to FB. As such this worries my as FB had a record of information hack and having much to much information about you if very dangerous because it can be used against you or in a shady marketing scheme. So having them manage your digital wallet can be alarming because of such records. If you are wondering what kind of information hack I am talking about just search the Cambridge Analytica data scandal.
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
Tuff question with easy answers. Absolutely not considering the fact they have deliberately selling personal data to private companies. I simply don't trust them.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
Why not? Facebook is known legit company for so many years and their Libra coin is already gaining popularity as a future potential investment so if there is nothing to hide with our identities then i will go for KYC as it was not personally required by the Facebook itself but it was per regulation requirement by the government.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
There are so many fake accounts on Facebook that I didn't trust at all. The Facebook team should have to take a step where all the fake accounts will be deleted and this will only happen when KYC will be linked.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
Nowadays, I don’t see any danger from KOC, all this data, if necessary, can be received by the one who really needs it, but in themselves they present a minimum of danger, the worst thing that can be is that someone will come to your home with weapon.
P.S
My own opinion.

KYC shouldn't be a problem. Large companies like Facebook certainly won't damage their reputation by selling our data and documents. KYC is a process part of following the government regulatory process to avoid money laundering or other criminal activities, so we don't need to worry
Activity: 504
Merit: 19
Nowadays, I don’t see any danger from KOC, all this data, if necessary, can be received by the one who really needs it, but in themselves they present a minimum of danger, the worst thing that can be is that someone will come to your home with weapon.
P.S
My own opinion.
Activity: 56
Merit: 5
Though Facebook has many bad records about the privacy breach but still I will do KYC there if I need to! Because I want to taste the Libra coin, so I assume without KYC, it will be not possible to use Libra Coin's feature. I spend my whole day in crypto and facebook because I trust them. Facebook is becoming very strict about fake profiles, but still, Facebook is not a safe place for everyone! They even accept fake KYC documents! 

99% people  here uneducated in simple things in life not talking about complex things which they far away from understanding this....but in order to answer you this so you will know what wait us in the future without predicting and be sure we need to dive deep from where bitcoin come...

LETS GO..
bitcoin come from peer to peer file sharing with twist called blockchain.
now why peer to peer file sharing(decentralized tech) was burn because before this there was centrelized tech which mean there was few main servers that hold all the info like movies,mp3,software and computers around the world was downloading from this main servers without be depending on each other, what happen is the governmnets pretty fast locate this servers and shut down them.

then people became more smart

and build decentralized=peer to peer file sharing which mean our private computers are the servers, for example computer A download from computer B and computer B upload something to computer Z and so on...

BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol, which means that the computers in a BitTorrent “swarm” (a group of computers downloading and uploading the same torrent) transfer data between each other without the need for a central server.

now the governmnet need to shut down more then 500 million private computers and its impossible ,,its called decentralized tech.

now bitcoin is peer to peer money and not file sharing compare to libra project which is centerlized tech and decentralized tech always win...

libra is not threat and will be huge failure for sure its stable coin.

stable coin its not investment its exchange nothing more because the price dont grow its like to exchange usd to euro nothing more but even more
libra stable coins its not real crypto stable coin its centralized and control by facebook ...real crypto its mean its peer to peer money and no central control exist and no body can lock your account or other shit

so fucking simple...

decentralized tech mixed with distributed tech will eat the entire system like peer to peer file sharing it cannot go the other way,
Activity: 56
Merit: 5

ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINKING ITS ABOUT TO THINK WITH LOGIC AND ANLYSIS EVERYTHING... ITS WILL BE HUGE FAILURE

99% people  here uneducated in simple things in life not talking about complex things which they far away from understanding this....but in order to answer you this so you will know what wait us in the future without predicting and be sure we need to dive deep from where bitcoin come...

LETS GO..
bitcoin come from peer to peer file sharing with twist called blockchain.
now why peer to peer file sharing(decentralized tech) was burn because before this there was centrelized tech which mean there was few main servers that hold all the info like movies,mp3,software and computers around the world was downloading from this main servers without be depending on each other, what happen is the governmnets pretty fast locate this servers and shut down them.

then people became more smart

and build decentralized=peer to peer file sharing which mean our private computers are the servers, for example computer A download from computer B and computer B upload something to computer Z and so on...

BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer protocol, which means that the computers in a BitTorrent “swarm” (a group of computers downloading and uploading the same torrent) transfer data between each other without the need for a central server.

now the governmnet need to shut down more then 500 million private computers and its impossible ,,its called decentralized tech.

now bitcoin is peer to peer money and not file sharing compare to libra project which is centerlized tech and decentralized tech always win...

libra is not threat and will be huge failure for sure its stable coin.

stable coin its not investment its exchange nothing more because the price dont grow its like to exchange usd to euro nothing more but even more
libra stable coins its not real crypto stable coin its centralized and control by facebook ...real crypto its mean its peer to peer money and no central control exist and no body can lock your account or other shit

so fucking simple...

decentralized tech mixed with distributed tech will eat the entire system like peer to peer file sharing it cannot go the other way,
Activity: 437
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
I think Facebook already have our personal information, supplying our kyc documents is only to double check it with our Facebook profiles.
The coin will succeed since Facebook is a trusted platform.

No, there are a lot of profile in FB are fake profile. KYC with Facebook platform is not trust. The only way I think good for ICO project in KYC is submitting passport, national ID and the selfie photo of yourself, it is secure for the ICO members and investors if they buy coins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
Though Facebook has many bad records about the privacy breach but still I will do KYC there if I need to! Because I want to taste the Libra coin, so I assume without KYC, it will be not possible to use Libra Coin's feature. I spend my whole day in crypto and facebook because I trust them. Facebook is becoming very strict about fake profiles, but still, Facebook is not a safe place for everyone! They even accept fake KYC documents! 
Activity: 294
I believe that you won't be able to use this payment method, without processing in KYC process. The have already mentioned that they are going to be very strict with anonymity and will provide all the info if needed.
Activity: 315
Merit: 2
If Facebook coin is able to prove its authenticity or legitimacy after proper research, then I see nothing wrong in giving out one's personal details to them for kyc. This is what I do for other projects too and yet I feel safe with them. Although, I have not done any research on Facebook coin and neither have I done it on their team and if I see it does not worth it, then I will not participate in it, let alone giving out my personal details.
Activity: 677
Merit: 250
KYC is simply mean know your customer, i believed every KYC made is a personal means of identification is a human or not, Hence, by implementing Facebook personal account into the company we also help for more direct message to the customer.
seeing the application of cyc can possibly make security for each participant because it avoids things that are harmful and for the company or facebok can fully control the participants with cyc. so this is a positive thing and I believe
Activity: 287
Facebook doesn't need your KYC anymore. They already have your complete data, from names, addresses, families, blood types, favorite colors, schools, ideals, they have it all. And I think Libra is one of the drivers towards the digital economy era.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175

There is no need they've already had our information all EVEN our data if you are very active on Facebook chances are you have delivered all your basic information to Facebook in a silver platter, so there is no need to undergo KYC.
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
No i wont, because facebook has several time lost their user database which are hijacked by someone.
Pages:
Jump to: