Pages:
Author

Topic: wow ,almost 30,000 unconfirmed trans - page 11. (Read 13772 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 251
November 23, 2016, 07:37:54 PM
Want to do something about it.

Everyone BoyCott BTC for 24 hours because of the Ignored Transaction Problems
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1690300.new#new

Cool

FYI:
It was higher the 50,000 earlier today.

Yes, I have seen it that it was more than 50,000 unconfirmed transaction and keeps on adding. I am also puzzeled whether we lack miners or it is due to not exact fees per bytes that keeps them less priority.

Last time i checked every block is full so its got nothing to do with a lack of miners or low fees.

WHAT IS GOING ON. THERE ARE SO MANY UNCONFIRMED TRANSACTIONS.

ARE WE GOING TO THE MOON? IS IT HAPPENING?

I doubt that it have something to do with mass adoption.

Maybe miners aren't confirming small fees or someone is flooding the chain, I have no ideia however mass adoption isn't an option.

Btw, price is estable.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
November 23, 2016, 07:31:18 PM
It is funny that my sends have been confirmed but my web wallets are not receiving them and just showing them as pending. So they are there but my wallet is not accepting them.
It is very strange indeed. Undecided

Lol that's because your web wallet is terrible. Let me guess, blockchain.info? They always have problems. Maybe it's someone new this time though haha. Try a better wallet explorer (and a better wallet).
I've had no problems sending Bitcoins using blockchain.info, just gotta set the fees yourself and add enough.
Biggest problem for me has been withdrawing coins from services that set a dynamic fee.
Activity: 413
Merit: 100
November 23, 2016, 06:52:50 PM

Cool

FYI:

Yes, I have seen it that it was more than 50,000 unconfirmed transaction and keeps on adding. I am also puzzeled whether we lack miners or it is due to not exact fees per bytes that keeps them less priority.

Last time i checked every block is full so its got nothing to do with a lack of miners or low fees.

WHAT IS GOING ON. THERE ARE SO MANY UNCONFIRMED TRANSACTIONS.

ARE WE GOING TO THE MOON? IS IT HAPPENING?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
November 23, 2016, 06:45:17 PM

Cool

FYI:

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
November 23, 2016, 06:42:46 PM
It is funny that my sends have been confirmed but my web wallets are not receiving them and just showing them as pending. So they are there but my wallet is not accepting them.

Lol that's because your web wallet is terrible. Let me guess, blockchain.info? They always have problems. Maybe it's someone new this time though haha. Try a better wallet explorer (and a better wallet).
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
November 23, 2016, 05:22:32 PM
Really??? Bitcoin has fallen that low?? What a shame.

Lol, sometimes sarcasm does come across on the internet, huh? Grin

Grin
Well sometimes I don't know what is sarcasm anymore especially since the mining cartel has been allowed to attack bitcoin at will.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
November 23, 2016, 06:40:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
November 23, 2016, 06:23:27 PM
many users use fixed fees.
and they cry now.  Roll Eyes

Exactly. When you read and someone says "I used the recommended fee... It is and always was X" then you know you're dealing with someone who literally never changes the fee.

Look on https://bitcoinfees.21.co for proper fees needs today. Nott yesterday, or last year or on your uncle's birthday. Today.
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
November 23, 2016, 04:36:44 PM
Can i buy an Antminer S9, and manually set it to confirm my transaction??

You can. It would be both quicker and cheaper to pay a higher fee though.

I am the receiver of the transaction. The sender was the one that put the low fee.
Unfortuantly I gave him fiat before the transaction was confirmed.

Is it perhaps possible to ask someone with an antminer to verify the transaction? I'll give some extra btc for the effort

One important thing you could do is to keep a copy of the raw transaction, and re-broadcast the hell out of it for as long as possible. Another is to contact people that have access to mining pools, they can get it included in one of their blocks (likely for a fee). Bitcointalk members Quickseller and macbook-air are often described as people in that position, but I don't know that for a fact.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 23, 2016, 06:18:58 PM
https://blockchain.info/tx/1b2b6d5692df0b166e383de46947efe0c5f35044eed9d8d4df0ffb1546304993

The recommended fee was about 0.00012-0.00014 and I entered a fee of 0.0001. All my transactions with a higher value of BTC got confirmed earlier but this is still pending.
373 bytes TX size and you've included 0.0001 BTC which is equal to 10 000 Satoshis. You've included a fee of 26.8 satoshis/byte (please use this measurement in the future). The current recommended is 100 satoshis/byte.

I'm not sure if "attack" or "cartel" are appropriate descriptions. The current transaction peak could easily be natural demand, I've not seen anyone present evidence that it's either malign or benign.
It would make sense if it were a gradual increase over a longer amount of time. The spike seems exponential considering the time-frame.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 23, 2016, 06:05:05 PM
60k+ unconfirmed transactions currently and still rising. Hope Issue gets solved soon.....

why ?

if you pay the right fees from a LEGAL & LEGIT client (bitcoin core, bitcoinj with fees survey) ... you have no problem to be include in the next block.

because this programs read the fees in every blocks and indicate this in realtime before EMIT the transaction.
if you follow the rules ... no problem.

Yeah,. This is a problem they make proper payment and if they can't give you the exact payment then it will happen something that we don't want (the transaction is rising). So if you want to get a deal that is good then you must also obey a Law that applies in the bitcoin bitcoin law, because it is much easier than with other things. All this is not a problem but it's a human error
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
November 23, 2016, 05:44:22 PM
60k+ unconfirmed transactions currently and still rising. Hope Issue gets solved soon.....

why ?

if you pay the right fees from a LEGAL & LEGIT client (bitcoin core, bitcoinj with fees survey) ... you have no problem to be include in the next block.

because this programs read the fees in every blocks and indicate this in realtime before EMIT the transaction.
if you follow the rules ... no problem.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
November 23, 2016, 05:33:51 PM
I'm not sure if "attack" or "cartel" are appropriate descriptions. The current transaction peak could easily be natural demand, I've not seen anyone present evidence that it's either malign or benign.

I do feel the pain on this though, I found myself working out what percentage of my transaction the fee represented earlier (and when it turned out to be slightly less than 0.1% of the transaction, I relaxed again)
legendary
November 23, 2016, 04:58:59 PM

Lol, sometimes sarcasm does come across on the internet, huh? Grin
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
November 23, 2016, 04:24:13 PM
It's frustrating now. My transaction of just 373 bytes is pending for over 24 hours with a fee of 0.0001 BTC. Usually it takes less than an hour to get confirmed but the network seems like dead now and no transaction is getting confirmed. I thought that the problem is that my fee is small but even other transactions are pending.
False. The network is not dead and transactions are processing in similar quantities as usually. Your fee is too low. If I am correct, your TX has a fee that is at least 2 times lower than recommended.

https://blockchain.info/tx/1b2b6d5692df0b166e383de46947efe0c5f35044eed9d8d4df0ffb1546304993

The recommended fee was about 0.00012-0.00014 and I entered a fee of 0.0001. All my transactions with a higher value of BTC got confirmed earlier but this is still pending.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 23, 2016, 04:14:03 PM
It's frustrating now. My transaction of just 373 bytes is pending for over 24 hours with a fee of 0.0001 BTC. Usually it takes less than an hour to get confirmed but the network seems like dead now and no transaction is getting confirmed. I thought that the problem is that my fee is small but even other transactions are pending.
False. The network is not dead and transactions are processing in similar quantities as usually. Your fee is too low. If I am correct, your TX has a fee that is at least 2 times lower than recommended.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
November 23, 2016, 03:55:46 PM
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
November 23, 2016, 03:53:05 PM
It seems there is a spam attack going, what they do is send massive amounts of useless transactions to boat the blockchain in order to push a certain agenda, probably backed up by millionaires like Roger Ver whose are on record saying that he would pay miners to push the software that he likes, sad to see. Too bad he is just burning money since Core remains the better software and will not lose.
legendary
November 23, 2016, 03:48:27 PM
Can i buy an Antminer S9, and manually set it to confirm my transaction??

You can. It would be both quicker and cheaper to pay a higher fee though.

I am the receiver of the transaction. The sender was the one that put the low fee.
Unfortuantly I gave him fiat before the transaction was confirmed.

Is it perhaps possible to ask someone with an antminer to verify the transaction? I'll give some extra btc for the effort

One important thing you could do is to keep a copy of the raw transaction, and re-broadcast the hell out of it for as long as possible. Another is to contact people that have access to mining pools, they can get it included in one of their blocks (likely for a fee). Bitcointalk members Quickseller and macbook-air are often described as people in that position, but I don't know that for a fact.
Pages:
Jump to: