Pages:
Author

Topic: wow ,almost 30,000 unconfirmed trans - page 8. (Read 13790 times)

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
November 24, 2016, 03:21:14 PM
this spam attack is good in a way that it will make some of the otherwise oblivious members educate themselves on how bitcoin tx fees work
guesstimating on a level of: "hey it is 500k so i pay 10k and if it is 0.05 I would splash 20k out" doesn't work and it is being punished by the prolonged wait

I'm afraid this might not have been a spam attack (whatever you might mean by this). Yesterday, there were quite a few blocks that had a lot free space in them (note, I didn't consider empty blocks), and this is in striking contrast with what miners are doing today and what they had been doing just before yesterday. Whoever might want to strongly disagree, may also want to check the blockchain for themselves...

So, it looks more like some miner attempting at getting more fees than someone spamming the network
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
November 24, 2016, 03:08:56 PM
this spam attack is good in a way that it will make some of the otherwise oblivious members educate themselves on how bitcoin tx fees work
guesstimating on a level of: "hey it is 500k so i pay 10k and if it is 0.05 I would splash 20k out" doesn't work and it is being punished by the prolonged wait
it does seem that an adequate (or slightly above) fee sees your tx confirmed no problem,just had a couple confirmed within 1 hour window
yes,it does take more money than usual to get high priority,but so is the current situation-deal with it
as much as it is frustrating to wait,please educate yourselves:

Predicting Bitcoin fees for transactions:

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1195/how-to-calculate-transaction-size-before-sending

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-qtbitcoind-calculating-raw-transaction-fees-644189
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
November 24, 2016, 02:27:44 PM
Now I see my 2 days old transaction has been confirmed and earlier today when there were about 48k unconfirmed transactions, 10k transactions have been confirmed. The transactions with the recommended fee only are getting confirmed early compared to other transactions with a small fee.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
November 24, 2016, 01:20:54 PM
they don't ignore ... somes peoples pay more fees than other, it's all.

so, the others MUST WAIT.

it's nothing more than an antispam feature (rules MUST apply).
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 24, 2016, 01:17:27 PM
This is very unusual. I see that the number of transaction is still normal, but the number of unconfirmed transactions increases strangely. What might happen to the blockchain system ? Why do miners ignore their work ? Or is that because some problems appear on the network ?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
November 24, 2016, 01:12:32 PM
I call it a bitcoin fail, it just simply cannot scale to the current usage. Thanks.

I call it : ANTISPAM.
When you don't follow the (old) rules ... you hit the wall.

Networks not deal with this.
They apply rules.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
November 24, 2016, 12:21:04 PM
Well, situation is getting better. When this thread was created yesterday we had almost 30.000 unconfirmed transactions pending.
When I checked out situation earlier today that number was more than 70.000 - now it is back to 30k level again.
It is downward trend or from now we will be stuck with plus 30k pending confirmation at all times?
Activity: 468
Merit: 250
November 24, 2016, 11:58:28 AM
Unbelievable, why need 30.000 confirmations? I think this is not practice and make peoples leave bitcoin for transactions.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
November 24, 2016, 11:46:28 AM
increase the blocksize. duhhhhhhhhh.  idiots

I have yet to see it proved that it does actually have anything to do with the block size and not miners deliberately postponing confirmations, for whatever reason. Whoever is going to challenge that point, you know what to do. Basically, you should provide a list of the blocks mined since about time this congestion started with their respective sizes. The list is not going to be long, there are only 144 new blocks mined daily on average, and we will easily see who is right and who is not...

Anyone willing to compile such a list?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
November 24, 2016, 11:39:42 AM
increase the blocksize. duhhhhhhhhh.  idiots.

We are, in the soft-fork.

And thank you for your kind words, do you have any more tips on making friends and influencing people, lol
Activity: 756
November 24, 2016, 11:36:37 AM
Wow ,almost 30,000 unconfirmed trans now

Are the miners sleeping? LOL

Lets hope that this won`t affect bitcoin price.

What`s going with the miners really.

Will this problem going to be solved soon?

It won't affect the price as long as all transactions are not getting stuck, if eventually every second transaction start getting stuck in the network for any reason then it may disappoint some new adopters and which may affect the price a bit, but that is likely to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
November 24, 2016, 11:32:01 AM
increase the blocksize. duhhhhhhhhh.  idiots.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 24, 2016, 11:28:23 AM
Yes bitcoin must come with slogan:
ONLY FOR PROS.NOT FOR INCOMPETENT OR NEW USERS.
The same applies for any financial system. Try doing a bank transfer without including the necessary fee and see what happens. In other words, you can't.
Ok I thought that bitcoin was supposed to be different from the banks.Something like pro-users. So how about:
BITCOIN: JUST LIKE BANKS , BUT MORE COMPLICATED.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
November 24, 2016, 10:53:44 AM
It is funny that my sends have been confirmed but my web wallets are not receiving them and just showing them as pending. So they are there but my wallet is not accepting them.
It is very strange indeed. Undecided

Lol that's because your web wallet is terrible. Let me guess, blockchain.info? They always have problems. Maybe it's someone new this time though haha. Try a better wallet explorer (and a better wallet).
I've had no problems sending Bitcoins using blockchain.info, just gotta set the fees yourself and add enough.
Biggest problem for me has been withdrawing coins from services that set a dynamic fee.
It's not blockchain.info as the web wallet.

The support person that I contacted said they saw the problem but needs to have their tier 1 level support look into it and resolve the issue.
It has been pending (the first three) for 56 hours now and the last and fourth one for 24 hours now. I have not sent anything to this wallet until this has been unblocked from being sent to my available balance and not just stuck in pending as shown in my transactions log.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
November 24, 2016, 10:36:01 AM
Wow ,almost 30,000 unconfirmed trans now

Are the miners sleeping? LOL

Lets hope that this won`t affect bitcoin price.

What`s going with the miners really.

Will this problem going to be solved soon?
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
November 24, 2016, 10:35:18 AM
@Rinder
Nobody depends from Core, and the solution is already out Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 1018
November 24, 2016, 06:31:16 AM
Yes bitcoin must come with slogan:
ONLY FOR PROS.NOT FOR INCOMPETENT OR NEW USERS.
The same applies for any financial system. Try doing a bank transfer without including the necessary fee and see what happens. In other words, you can't.

Except bank fees are flat. When I do a wire transfer I don't have to try to outbid my fellow bank customers in the hope my transaction gets done in a timely manner.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
November 24, 2016, 10:21:13 AM
what wrong with bitcoin net?is the fee to little?
Activity: 868
November 24, 2016, 09:57:48 AM
This is the second time we are with this problem, last time i believe we had achieved something like 80000 transactions pending, bitcoin has value as long keep circulating, if it freeze the way its doing this affects several people, even when people arent putting the  fee accordingly the bytes of the transaction. This have to stop and change, the core must do something to handle this, i remember bitcoin x had made the comunity shared and those had damage bitcoin value, now we need some solution.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
November 24, 2016, 09:36:35 AM
@jubalix

https://hblok.net/storage_data/storage_memory_prices_large-_hblok.net_.png

2008.00 Jan18  NewEgg.com  ADATA  16GB Flash  74.98$
2016.58 Aug22  NewEgg.com  SanDisk  128GB Flash  25.99$

Those are going to be inappropriate to use with Bitcoin, cheap NAND like that only does 10MB/s writing sequentially, let alone the more random access workload that maintaining the blockchain entails.

And for the millionth time: storage is the least challenging factor (yet the most simple to understand, and you're relying on that, aren't you? Maybe if you respected the intelligence of your audience, you might get listened to)
Pages:
Jump to: