Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] WIFI Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - afkdata.com - page 11. (Read 20440 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 4
When the ETH price jumped over 10 I recognised a strange behaviour: below 10 the price is shown with two digits after the decimal point (like ETH 9.67 USD). Above 10 the price is shown with only one digit after the decimal point (like ETH 10.4 USD). This does not make sense. Especially when the BTC price in the first line is shown with two digits after the decimal point (like BTC 452.53 USD).

I assume that the number of decimal points is not coded on the device but at the server where the data is get from. Can you change that? A ticker does only make sense when the data is shown accurate.
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
You cant set the exchange it uses the average from all the sources at cryptofolio. This was done to keep it simple, and it allows for good prices if one of the exchanges goes down ( if a price is older then 11 mins I exclude from average)

This is the actual production endpoint, have a play.

http://cryptofolio.info/api/screen/?@Code=USD&@SecondLine=ETH

I wont stop you from creating your own endpoint that meets your requirments. Though you will need to change the LUA code in the device slightly to call your server.

Note if you set second line to BTC it forces USD on the second line allowing you to change the top to CNY or EUR like:

http://cryptofolio.info/api/screen/?@Code=CNY&@SecondLine=BTC
Activity: 113
Merit: 11
Sorry I will be more Specific.

Can I get 4.

1 CNY BTCCHINA

2 USD coinbase

3. EUR Kraken

Is that possible?
Activity: 113
Merit: 11
Hi there can you set this to different exchanges / currencies? If so I will take 2.
Got mine this weekend and and I really like it very much.
Easy to configure, cool design.
The configuration tool could be a little bit more sophisticated - for example different currencies for BTC and altcoin.

I am thinking of buying one or two more.

Glad people are receiving them Smiley

Had my first OB sale last night Cheesy

Activity: 50
Merit: 4
Got mine this weekend and and I really like it very much.
Easy to configure, cool design.
The configuration tool could be a little bit more sophisticated - for example different currencies for BTC and altcoin.

I am thinking of buying one or two more.
store is now listed on OpenBazaar

0a7ec697900ee76102428e27fe45c5ab3bed23b5

thanks
Do you have shipping option to Turkey?

Turkey was actually the first place I shipped to, I charge a flat rate 17.50 USD for up to 3 devices.

EDIT: DOGE and MINT and a few others should work now the mUSD mAUD mEUR means its under 1 cent similar to mBTC
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Just letting people know we're back in stock on the website.

Thanks

Shipping + import tax kill the deal for me... Sad
Just letting people know we're back in stock on the website.

Thanks
To turn off the backlight unplug the little black plug on the left side.

There is always a web interface, if you want it acessable over the Internet you will have to portfowrd  it in your router.

(When it boots it says it's IP)
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
Hi mate, just a few questions :

is it possible to turn off the backlight? When I press the button on the side of the device it deletes the settings...
Also is there a web interface once the device is connected to the interwebs to change the currency and settings? I can't seem to ping it (even if I see it with an IP scanner on the same computer)

Cheers
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
got mine in the mail, it's real nice and looks build to last!
and very careful packing also
Shipping is flat 17.50 USD for up to 3 devices

WIFI standard: 2.4 Ghz - b/g/n
 Dimensions: 129mm x 51mm x 40mm (W x H x D)
 Power Socket: Micro USB (like android phone)
 Power adaptor/cable not included
 Less than 1 Watt at the wall
 Code Avaliable on request

Assembled in Australia

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
im interested in one of these please pm me with info such as price and shipping and the size of the item
yep Cheesy

I implemented backlight mode first but found it too distracting while watching TV.

Most of the device patches have been for the setup page when using Safari on iPhone/iPad.

oh and the first one made the altcoin configurable, fairly obvious if you have this or not because of altcoin box in the setup page.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
I looked through the thread and your docs - what exactly is the difference between 'Stars' and 'Backlight' on the update notification?  I'm assuming with backlight you toggle it on or off, but not sure what stars are - I turned it on, but nothing seems to happen...

I think I just answered my own question - I was watching it and asterisk's appeared on the far left and right edges of the display, so presumably that was indicating it was going out and fetching data.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
I got mine today as well - I was out of town, so it actually arrived a few weeks ago (faster than I expected).  Really quite cool - and the way you have the esp setup to configure is very clever.  Definitely a fun piece of geek-ery to have around the house... Smiley

I need to upgrade to the newer version I think, although I don't see any issues with the one I have.  You should consider adding the version number on the admin page, just to make it clear what is what.

I looked through the thread and your docs - what exactly is the difference between 'Stars' and 'Backlight' on the update notification?  I'm assuming with backlight you toggle it on or off, but not sure what stars are - I turned it on, but nothing seems to happen...
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
Just got mine.
It's awesome!

One thing: Can you please add RADS as the alt?

Thanks

Glad people are getting there devices.
I will look at making some changes to the API this weekend.

I have started building the next batch, the email to the people waiting in the queue will happen in the next few days.

I love it.
Will be glad if you can add RADS as an alt in the ticker.

Thanks, anyways.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Just got mine.
It's awesome!

One thing: Can you please add RADS as the alt?

Thanks

Glad people are getting there devices.
I will look at making some changes to the API this weekend.

I have started building the next batch, the email to the people waiting in the queue will happen in the next few days.

Just got mine way way cool...have not got them up yet..but they are BIGGER then I thought...will have to pay more attention to dimensions Smiley

best deal for the price of anything I've gotten in the last year crypto or otherwise ....slick as heck Smiley

I'd post a picture...but alas ....much more cool in 3D will set them up this weekend

you need to make mod where a person could say put

in say TWO BTC addresses in (or LTC or whatever)

and the 1st line would show say BTC price

and the 2nd line would show your combined HOARD price from the public blockchain address

hell I'm gonna have to buy 2 more anyway......that would kick it up to maybe 4 more with this angle Smiley

anyway will save my pennies and get on the list again Smiley

good job ....very slick Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: