Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] WIFI Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - afkdata.com - page 12. (Read 20440 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 596
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
Just got mine.
It's awesome!

One thing: Can you please add RADS as the alt?

Thanks

Glad people are getting there devices.
I will look at making some changes to the API this weekend.

I have started building the next batch, the email to the people waiting in the queue will happen in the next few days.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 501
Just got mine.
It's awesome!

One thing: Can you please add RADS as the alt?

Thanks
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Well, a battery pack with only 1150mAh is pretty disappointing. Tongue
I did do some testing on battery with something like this

I was only getting 7 hours, perhaps because it was a old battery pack.

Have the notification mode set to stars on battery, when the battery is flat the WiFi is the first to go and it gets stuck on a price. At least with stars you will see when to charge it.

Edit: this was before the watchdog code, I bet it reboots every 5 minutes when it gets flat now.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1094
Assalamu Alekum
Hello,,

Glad you got your package Mitchell.

Small tip: I have attached a small mobile charging battery back to the device and was surprised with the outcome.
One charge to the battery pack and it has been 4 days without the need to recharge it.
The battery consumption of the device is so low that it keeps going on.

It makes it easy to carry the ticker with me anywhere. Have a wifi device connected in the second port of the battery pack. It looks kind of funny but hey does the job and i dont have to keep checking my phone Smiley

Thanks

Duke
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Thanks for the update! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
I was using these (think I made ~8 and shipped them) I am now using these

the dimensions are there on the site you could mock up paper box and see size Grin

weird though, wonder if the resale of those 8 will be higher later because there rare....

Thanks for replying. Yes, only relied on pics for measurements, my bad. I'll consider ordering one.
I was using these (think I made ~8 and shipped them) I am now using these

the dimensions are there on the site you could mock up paper box and see size Grin

weird thought, wonder if the resale of those 8 will be higher later because they are more rare....
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

These pics look interesting. It looks way bigger on your website. I'm very curious as to what this is, Arduino or a Raspberry Pi?
show the Bitcoin price in USD and EUR?

I implemented this change just then.  Putting BTC in Altcoin box now gives USD

Also replacing zero with capital O so that there is no diagonal line in it on the display now.

NOTE: these things are hard to photograph properly, the back-light makes the background dark at night.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042
www.explorerz.top
Just ordered two. I would like to see csc instead of ltc Cheesy
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
I can change the remote endpoint to fix BTC as a alt to USD, Then you can put EUR in the currency box and BTC in the alt box. Shouldn't be to hard ill look at it tonight.

The little black plug on the left side turns off the backlight, the code can only also turn on and off the backlight.

If you removed the little black plug (jumper) and put a  potentiometer as a Variable Resistor the screen light would dim.
(think my little brother made this mod to his own one)
Well, do whatever is needed. Grin

Turning the backlight off is good enough for now, but I guess I could replace the jumper. I do have a shitload of Arduino stuff laying around.

Could you post additional photos and a size comparison?
Compared to what? A Kialara bar? A f*D bar? Should I measure it for you? Whatcha want? Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Could you post additional photos and a size comparison?
I can change the remote endpoint to fix BTC as a alt to USD, Then you can put EUR in the currency box and BTC in the alt box. Shouldn't be to hard ill look at it tonight.

The little black plug on the left side turns off the backlight, the code can only also turn on and off the backlight.

If you removed the little black plug (jumper) and put a  potentiometer as a Variable Resistor the screen light would dim.
(think my little brother made this mod to his own one)
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Alright, I've picked up the device and it looks pretty sweet. However, what can I do to disable the altcoin section and show the Bitcoin price in USD and EUR? Can the screen be dimmed?
Good news, multiple large batches of WIFI modules have arrived I am programming them now. Cheesy

When it rains it pours  Grin

I will send email/tweet to those on the wait list with early access link in the next day or so.

Pages:
Jump to: