Pages:
Author

Topic: Wyckoff Mode Technical Analysis - page 9. (Read 12112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
March 02, 2020, 07:59:00 PM
Do you think the same scenario is possible David? On the chart you can see that we first went up and then down again for a year.

Yes, I think an upward push is highly likely.  Will it be same percentage over such a short period of time as what we saw in 2013?  No, I don't believe it will even be close.  I still believe we head up to within the following range seen in the chart below by mid April to early May, 2020.

JL0
Activity: 817
Merit: 158
Bitcoin the Digital Gold
March 02, 2020, 06:22:13 PM
Have a look at indicators in the Monthly Time Frame:

Do you think the same scenario is possible David? On the chart you can see that we first went up and then down again for a year.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
March 02, 2020, 03:53:33 PM
I'm the same way, but when BTCUSD and ALT/USD pairs are both going up, I find analyzing ALT/BTC pairs helps decide whether to position myself towards BTC or altcoins. I only like to hold altcoins if it means I'm gaining BTC.

What am I looking for when analyzing an Alt-Coin/BTC pair to help me decide whether to position myself towards BTC or Altcoins?

Let's say ETHUSD and BTCUSD are both bullish. I'll then look for bullish signals and upward pressure on ETHBTC. If they are present, then it makes sense to build an ETH position. If ETHBTC looks bearish, then I stay away.

What Alt-Coin/BTC pairs am I looking at?  How many Alt-Coin/BTC pairs am I looking at to make the determination to position myself towards BTC or Altcoins?

The largest cap coins. I often just use ETH as a gauge for the entire altcoin market. As the persistent #2 coin it says a lot.

My first goal is capital preservation, so USD base pair analysis is the first step, but you know those times when BTC rallies hard and altcoins stagnate and lag behind? That's the kind of situation I'm trying to get ahead of.

I'm not trying to be difficult.  I'm simply trying to LEARN something and asking questions in order to make sure I understand.

Stay Awesome!

David

You too, cheers!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
March 02, 2020, 03:37:10 PM
I don't do TA for Alt/BTC pairs for several reasons.  I "rarely" trade Alt/BTC pairs.  Mainly to always TRY to keep myself in a position to protect my USD and/or USDT capital. 

I'm the same way, but when BTCUSD and ALT/USD pairs are both going up, I find analyzing ALT/BTC pairs helps decide whether to position myself towards BTC or altcoins. I only like to hold altcoins if it means I'm gaining BTC.

What am I looking for when analyzing an Alt-Coin/BTC pair to help me decide whether to position myself towards BTC or Altcoins?  What Alt-Coin/BTC pairs am I looking at?  How many Alt-Coin/BTC pairs am I looking at to make the determination to position myself towards BTC or Altcoins?

I'm not trying to be difficult.  I'm simply trying to LEARN something and asking questions in order to make sure I understand.

Stay Awesome!

David
legendary
March 02, 2020, 03:23:11 PM
I don't do TA for Alt/BTC pairs for several reasons.  I "rarely" trade Alt/BTC pairs.  Mainly to always TRY to keep myself in a position to protect my USD and/or USDT capital. 

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
March 02, 2020, 07:12:37 AM

Exciting times. Cool

I saw you just published a few ALT/USD ideas on Tradingview. What about ALT/BTC pairs? Do you expect altcoins to outperform or underperform BTCUSD on the next leg up?

This is what my EW count and indicators are telling me. One more leg up in ALT/BTC pairs before all value floods back into BTC ahead of the halving:

I don't do TA for Alt/BTC pairs for several reasons.  I "rarely" trade Alt/BTC pairs.  Mainly to always TRY to keep myself in a position to protect my USD and/or USDT capital.  The following is only one example...

If LTCUSD went down 20% and BTCUSD went down 20%, LTCBTC will have went down 0.0% (ZERO; remained flat).  Which means if I were focused only on trading LiteCoin in Bitcoin (LTCBTC) and had not paid attention to LTCUSD as well as BTCUSD, I will have lost 20% of my USD/USDT capital.  That situation occurs quite often.  I would have been better off to have traded LiteCoin in USD and/or USDT by selling my LTC for USD and/or USDT and increased my LiteCoin holdings by 20 percent through buying LiteCoin once again at or near the bottom of the dip after a 20% drop.

That scenario (above) was only one of several scenarios I could give you to provide an example of WHY I prefer to trade Altcoins in USD and/or USDT "ONLY."  In order to trade Alt-Coin/BTC pairs EFFECTIVELY, one would have to also do TA for that Alt-Coin/USD pair and BTC/USD pair to have a good idea of what is going on with that Alt-Coin/BTC pair.  Which means that is a LOT OF WORK to do in order to trade one pair EFFECTIVELY.  I would prefer to protect my USD and/or USDT Capital EFFECTIVELY by only trading Alt-Coin/USD or USDT pairs.
legendary
March 02, 2020, 06:14:59 AM

Exciting times. Cool

I saw you just published a few ALT/USD ideas on Tradingview. What about ALT/BTC pairs? Do you expect altcoins to outperform or underperform BTCUSD on the next leg up?

This is what my EW count and indicators are telling me. One more leg up in ALT/BTC pairs before all value floods back into BTC ahead of the halving:

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
March 02, 2020, 02:23:00 AM
Have a look at indicators in the Monthly Time Frame:

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
March 01, 2020, 11:09:52 PM
BTCUSD - "Reversal to Sustained Upward Pressure May Be Under Way NOW." https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/2SSOim97-Reversal-to-Sustained-Upward-Pressure-May-Be-Under-Way-NOW/

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 29, 2020, 07:26:48 AM
BOTTOM LINE:  Downward Pressure can continue to dominate between now and March 5, 2020.  We have a better grasp on how long downward pressure will continue to dominate by keeping an eye on the White Energy in the Daily (24h) Time Frame.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 29, 2020, 07:26:24 AM
Here's a look at the 2-Day Time Frame:

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 29, 2020, 07:16:47 AM
New Video Publication; titled, "Downward Pressure Continues Till March 2nd to March 5th, 2020." https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ZBsvnD8b-Downward-Pressure-Continues-Till-March-2nd-to-March-5th-2020/

Here's a look at the Daily (24h) Time Frame (TF).  Check out the VIDEO LINK ABOVE:
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
February 29, 2020, 04:58:45 AM
David it really doesn't look good to me. I hope we won't drop to $ 5K again. What are you saying ?

$5,000 dollars! I believe that's going to be bought up so fast, that it will surge back to $8,000 and up again. We saw it a few times before, when plebs panic-sell, and quickly bought up by the whalecumulators, then the plebs saw their mistake, and panic-bought back. Haha!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 26, 2020, 09:05:16 PM
Analysis will not begin until another 10 to 15 minutes to allow time for those who receive a notification to navigate to the stream.  here's the LIVE STREAM link:

https://www.tradingview.com/streams/eZBhEWi7UyC0lPuk4ZWuw/
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 26, 2020, 08:52:48 PM
David it really doesn't look good to me. I hope we won't drop to $ 5K again. What are you saying ?

I will have a LIVE STREAM in a few more minutes.  I'll post a link here before I get started with Analysis in the stream.
JL0
Activity: 817
Merit: 158
Bitcoin the Digital Gold
February 26, 2020, 08:51:14 PM
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 26, 2020, 06:13:01 PM
Currently at the Red Diagonal Line.  I'll provide another video update -OR- do a LIVE STREAM in a few hours.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 26, 2020, 02:39:41 AM
Is that "red-zone" the lowest of the low of where we should buy?

Plus I actually thought, and believed, we would not be seeing Bitcoin below $10,000 anymore. I thought the miners would start selling less, and less as the halving approaches.

Since you put it that way, we could potentially fall all the way back to the Blue PRIMARY 0.786 FIB at $7,820.37 and quickly turn back up.  As for what the miners do or not do has no bearing on what the "Market Makers" do.  The miners do not run the show when it comes to trading/speculating/manipulating.  The Market Makers determine where and when the price does anything.

This is worse case scenario before going back up:

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
February 26, 2020, 02:26:09 AM
Is that "red-zone" the lowest of the low of where we should buy?

Plus I actually thought, and believed, we would not be seeing Bitcoin below $10,000 anymore. I thought the miners would start selling less, and less as the halving approaches.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
February 26, 2020, 01:30:12 AM
I added the Red Text Bubble several hours ago and posted it in comments section on TradingView.  Thought I would go ahead and share that chart here as well.

Pages:
Jump to: