Pages:
Author

Topic: X6500 Custom FPGA Miner - page 15. (Read 219829 times)

donator
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
April 22, 2012, 11:44:17 PM
So does program.py not work to program the new rev of boards? I get this error on both

Code:
2012-04-16 21:45:07 | Device 3 opened (A4014PHJ)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "program.py", line 91, in
    fpga.detect()
  File "/Users/christian/x6500-6/fpga.py", line 82, in detect
    with self.ft232r.lock: self.jtag.detect()
  File "/Users/christian/x6500-6/jtag.py", line 81, in detect
    raise NoDevicesDetected

Shows up in listDevices.py fine though?

Did you ever get this working?  I'm trying to run some rev 3 boards and I'm having the exact same problem, but in Linux.  The rev 2 boards work fine but the rev 3s report the NoDevicesDetected error when attempting to load the bitstream even though the hotplug manager worker is able to detect them.  I'm running the latest MPBM testing branch and have checked all the cables.  I'm manually disabling ftdi_sio prior to running MPBM but I'm going to try blacklisting it again next, however that will cause problems with other boards.
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist
April 22, 2012, 07:42:23 PM
I have never worked with water cooling, so I may be not the best person to comment on this. But I have been looking into water blocks and water cooling for an FPGA cluster, but somehow gave up on the idea. Mostly because we don't have the parts available where I live (we have a quadrillion of real life shops selling air cooling stuff though). But also because it seems not to make sense to cool a chip with around 10 Watt heat dissipation with expensive water cooling gear. I may still build a prototype one day if I find these north bridge waterblocks by coincidence.

DeathAndTaxes, who seems to have a lot of knowledge in this area, also concluded the following in one of my other threads:

In theory yes.  In practice it likely is not worth it unless the power draw is very high and the output PER CHIP is very high.  The waterblock (part that attaches to the heat source) is a large cost of any system.  And 50 GH/s made up of 500 MH/s chips means 100 waterblocks.  50 GH/s made up of 200 MH/s chips means 250 waterblocks.  

One should have a LOT of experience water cooling before looking into custom setups.

He also said it would get interesting with a higher heat dissipation per chip (ie. 80 Watt) though.
Activity: 720
Merit: 525
April 22, 2012, 07:32:13 PM

Thanks, antirack, nice find. Still not easy to be 100% sure that it will fit properly, but it does look like it will. If you are thinking about getting a bunch of these, please order one or two to test it out first, and return them if they don't fit. Since those drawings don't give all of the relevent dimensions (only a few useful ones that can be used to make an educated guess about the rest), I wouldn't be confident investing a lot of money in these without first trying it out.

Another one worth looking at is probably this one: http://www.quietpcusa.com/Zalman-ZM-NWB1-Northbridge-Water-Block--P147.aspx
Activity: 489
Immersionist
April 22, 2012, 05:29:14 PM
would this fit on an 6500 rev 3? http://compare.eu/608683

I think it would, since it appears to have a "universal" mount. Without dimensional drawings, though, it's impossible to tell. It could be that those arms would run into some other components on the board or something. Have you seen a drawing of it with dimensions anywhere? Or do you have one that you could measure on hand? If it's helpful, we do have some drawings of the X6500, including a Google Sketchup file, at http://fpgamining.com/documentation/hardware/drawings.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
April 22, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
I'am donating 50 BTC to the devolper of cgminer in order to buy a X6500 board to to send to him so he can make CGMiner work with the X6500.

Who would want cgminer if he has MPBM? Wink
Amen.
+500.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
April 22, 2012, 01:07:42 PM
would this fit on an 6500 rev 3? http://compare.eu/608683
legendary
Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000
April 21, 2012, 05:40:11 PM
I'am donating 50 BTC to the devolper of cgminer in order to buy a X6500 board to to send to him so he can make CGMiner work with the X6500.

Amen.
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
April 21, 2012, 01:42:59 PM

Activity: 447
April 21, 2012, 11:03:33 AM
I'am donating 50 BTC to the devolper of cgminer in order to buy a X6500 board to to send to him so he can make CGMiner work with the X6500.  I'm 57 bitcoin short and was wondering if anyone else wanted to donate to get this mining software available for this fpga board.  This would be a nice step forward for this board.   If interested please post in this thread or you can donate to

1N8qCkzjpJBP3MAqQTYMGGZA1c99SNhj8R

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/please-help-donate-107-btc-for-cgminer-support-for-x6500-fpga0-still-needed-77454

Posted in your thread as I'm interested in this too and willing to donate some btc.
Activity: 308
April 21, 2012, 12:22:39 AM
I'am donating 50 BTC to the devolper of cgminer in order to buy a X6500 board to to send to him so he can make CGMiner work with the X6500.  I'm 57 bitcoin short and was wondering if anyone else wanted to donate to get this mining software available for this fpga board.  This would be a nice step forward for this board.   If interested please post in this thread or you can donate to

1N8qCkzjpJBP3MAqQTYMGGZA1c99SNhj8R

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/please-help-donate-107-btc-for-cgminer-support-for-x6500-fpga0-still-needed-77454
FPGA Mining LLC
April 20, 2012, 07:39:40 PM
What are your settings for the the worksource.

From what I know, defaults should be fine.
April 20, 2012, 03:14:52 PM
I can confirm I was mining with 6GHash of Icarus boards on MPBM Testing branch on GPUMax for the past several weeks. Worked like a charm, nice and stable, no issues. Not sure if there are any significant differences with the X6500 board itself, but I don't see why there would be.

What are your settings for the the worksource.
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
April 19, 2012, 03:02:58 PM
Any word on when we will see more available for order? Cant wait to get my hands on some.

We're nearing the end of the current batch but the next one is in the works (about 3 weeks away from being ready). Cablesaurus will have more for sale later this week, though.

I can't get any of mine to work with GPUMAX.

Because I don't have any.

Because every time I want to buy one, it is either listed as "Out of Stock" or not listed at all.

I really hope this bug gets fixed.

Cablesaurus is literally cleaned out every time as soon as they are listed in a matter of hours! Of course, the quantities aren't huge, but we're trying to make sure all orders are filled within a week so that we don't have unhappy customers. Smiley

Email [email protected] and they'll put you on a list to receive notification when more are listed in stock again.

Thanks!

Yes, and once again, I am quite sure that they will go on sale while I am at work, and be sold out by the time I get home.   Angry
April 19, 2012, 03:14:31 AM
Any word on when we will see more available for order? Cant wait to get my hands on some.

We're nearing the end of the current batch but the next one is in the works (about 3 weeks away from being ready). Cablesaurus will have more for sale later this week, though.

Because every time I want to buy one, it is either listed as "Out of Stock" or not listed at all.

Cablesaurus is literally cleaned out every time as soon as they are listed in a matter of hours! Of course, the quantities aren't huge, but we're trying to make sure all orders are filled within a week so that we don't have unhappy customers. Smiley

Email [email protected] and they'll put you on a list to receive notification when more are listed in stock again.

Thanks!
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
April 19, 2012, 03:09:52 AM
I only have one x6500 but it is running great on MPBM and GPUMAX

donator
Activity: 490
April 19, 2012, 01:06:09 AM
I only have one x6500 but it is running great on MPBM and GPUMAX
Activity: 407
April 18, 2012, 11:33:48 PM
I can confirm I was mining with 6GHash of Icarus boards on MPBM Testing branch on GPUMax for the past several weeks. Worked like a charm, nice and stable, no issues. Not sure if there are any significant differences with the X6500 board itself, but I don't see why there would be.
FPGA Mining LLC
April 18, 2012, 08:11:35 PM
How about some gpumax support. 

For MPBM? It should in theory already support GPUMAX, and the one issue that showed up during some testing was fixed long ago.
Can you please provide more details on what kind of issues you're experiencing with the X6500 and GPUMAX?
I sadly still don't have a GPUMAX account (waiting for several months now), so I can't test this myself.
April 18, 2012, 07:13:51 PM
How about some gpumax support. 
Pages:
Jump to: