Pages:
Author

Topic: X6500 Custom FPGA Miner - page 17. (Read 219829 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 09, 2012, 10:26:28 PM
Got it working.  Had to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in   Thanks.
April 09, 2012, 02:33:19 PM
When I run the web interface http://127.0.0.1:8832.  Some of the information is written over other informationi and I can't use it.  I'm using mozilla firefox.  Any help would be great.

Use Chrome. It's known broken in IE/FF/Opera, and I don't really know why this happens.
I'll happily accept a patch if someone figures out how to fix that.

Thanks.  It worked, but now to of my miners arent loading.  All of my other ones are. I keep getting traceback errors.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
April 09, 2012, 02:06:35 PM
When I run the web interface http://127.0.0.1:8832.  Some of the information is written over other informationi and I can't use it.  I'm using mozilla firefox.  Any help would be great.

Use Chrome. It's known broken in IE/FF/Opera, and I don't really know why this happens.
I'll happily accept a patch if someone figures out how to fix that.
April 09, 2012, 01:37:07 PM
Hey guys. I finally put together an installation package of sorts for Windows:

X6500 Easy Package for Windows
Download

This should make it simple and easy take an X6500 and go from 0 to Bitcoin in no time (on Windows). It includes a driver installation program for the libusb driver, MPBM with compiled EXE, and all the current mining firmware. I tested it out on a clean VM install of Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, and Windows XP 32-bit.

If that's too convenient for you, the individual pieces can also be downloaded:

Let me know if there are any problems. Though I did take a lot of time testing it, this is still fresh off the presses Smiley
Very nice!  Will test it out asap and post up any issues.

legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
April 09, 2012, 06:11:23 AM
Which revision will have I/O routed out? It's not that much work to do, and this should increase resale value and usefulness. Lack of I/O is one of not so many cons of this great mining board.
FPGA Mining LLC
April 08, 2012, 04:48:16 AM
Anyone know how to get the x6500 to mine on GPUMAX.  Having no luck.
Using x6500-miner software or MPBM? If you're using MPBM, TheSeven can help address that issue, though I don't know if he has access to GPUMAX so it could be difficult until he does. I recall the issue being brought up before, and it may be related to the way MPBM handles Long Poll address changes.
It was another long polling issue (the address change thing was with some other proxys), but that should have been fixed some time ago, and I think it has been pushed to master by now (not sure though).
Activity: 447
April 07, 2012, 11:05:31 PM
I've mined on GPUMAX since its inception using MBPM with no issues. What kind of errors are you seeing?
donator
Activity: 490
April 07, 2012, 09:04:55 PM
Easy package for windows is awesome and simple.  Much appreciated.
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
April 07, 2012, 06:57:50 PM
Using x6500-miner software or MPBM? If you're using MPBM, TheSeven can help address that issue, though I don't know if he has access to GPUMAX so it could be difficult until he does. I recall the issue being brought up before, and it may be related to the way MPBM handles Long Poll address changes.
legendary
Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000
April 07, 2012, 06:39:28 PM

Download

This should make it simple and easy take an X6500 and go from 0 to Bitcoin in no time (on Windows). It includes a driver installation program for the libusb driver, MPBM with compiled EXE, and all the current mining firmware. I tested it out on a clean VM install of Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, and Windows XP 32-bit.

Let me know if there are any problems. Though I did take a lot of time testing it, this is still fresh off the presses Smiley
Very nice!  Will test it out asap and post up any issues.
April 07, 2012, 12:52:49 PM
Hm on cablesaurus the new batch is sold out (not on stock). How long does it take to get one or two units (to Germany)?

Activity: 784
April 07, 2012, 10:08:46 AM
Hm on cablesaurus the new batch is sold out (not on stock). How long does it take to get one or two units (to Germany)?
Activity: 403
Merit: 100
🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜
April 06, 2012, 11:49:29 AM
We were discussing changing the resistor to bump the voltage to the now standard level for these boards. I mentioned mineral oil only as a reason why I wanted to do it now rather than later. There are many things you are not considering with the oil. I don’t really care to argue about it, I have done a lot of research and planning and I am doing it. Hopefully next week I can share results.
I am looking forward to your results!
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
April 06, 2012, 06:40:12 AM

Download

Activity: 281
April 06, 2012, 03:27:11 AM
What heatsinks are those?

The heatsinks are these http://www.enzotechnology.com/cnb_s1.htm

I don't think putting these in oil is of any use. The oil heats up and eventually you will need to take out the heat out of the oil too usually with an air fan which you use directly anyway.

Looking at your setup, I can guess you can use just one fan for all three boards. Why don't you experiment to see if you start getting invalids when you remove some of the fans.

We were discussing changing the resistor to bump the voltage to the now standard level for these boards. I mentioned mineral oil only as a reason why I wanted to do it now rather than later. There are many things you are not considering with the oil. I don’t really care to argue about it, I have done a lot of research and planning and I am doing it. Hopefully next week I can share results.
Activity: 447
April 05, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
What heatsinks are those?
Activity: 403
🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜
April 05, 2012, 09:32:04 PM
I don't think putting these in oil is of any use. The oil heats up and eventually you will need to take out the heat out of the oil too usually with an air fan which you use directly anyway.

Looking at your setup, I can guess you can use just one fan for all three boards. Why don't you experiment to see if you start getting invalids when you remove some of the fans.
Activity: 281
April 05, 2012, 11:22:36 AM
I am at 0 invalids on the 200mhz firmware with copper and air but would love to push it a little after I get really good cooling so figured I might as well make this change. What kind of head room are you guys seeing?

In that case, I'd wait before attempting this until you actually hit invalids. It might well be possible that if you were lucky and got a board with an extraordinary stable power supply and fast silicon, you can get away with >200MH/s at the stock voltage, which is likely to be more energy efficient than a couple MH/s more at a higher voltage.
Remember, increasing the voltage increases the power consumption even at the same hash rate, so there's no point in increasing the voltage as long as you can't push it to the frequency limits anyway.

All three of my boards have never gotten an invalid @ 200mhz. I am guessing it is because they are well cooled.

I don't know what they are seeing for speed headroom but I have to guess it must be enough to make the bump to voltage standard. The couple additional watts is not that big of a deal to me and I think it would be best to be the same as the other r3 boards that have the voltage bump.

One big reason I would like to do it sooner rather then later is I will be putting them in oil soon and I don't want to take them out and clean them to do it later. Hopefuly the resistors will be here tomorrow.

FPGA Mining LLC
April 05, 2012, 10:34:47 AM
I am at 0 invalids on the 200mhz firmware with copper and air but would love to push it a little after I get really good cooling so figured I might as well make this change. What kind of head room are you guys seeing?

In that case, I'd wait before attempting this until you actually hit invalids. It might well be possible that if you were lucky and got a board with an extraordinary stable power supply and fast silicon, you can get away with >200MH/s at the stock voltage, which is likely to be more energy efficient than a couple MH/s more at a higher voltage.
Remember, increasing the voltage increases the power consumption even at the same hash rate, so there's no point in increasing the voltage as long as you can't push it to the frequency limits anyway.
Activity: 720
Merit: 525
April 04, 2012, 02:50:44 AM
R2 and R8 are 0805 sized resistors. They are not terribly hard to solder, compared to say 0402 sized parts, but replacing R8 might be more of a challenge because of it's location.

A small soldering iron, good light, some soldering (not plumbing) flux, desoldering braid/wick and a pair of tweezers (failing that, a toothpick) should make short work of this.

Hi, sorry to be a pain but can you link me to the right resistor? There are some options and I want to be sure I am getting the right one. I checked Radioshacks website and looks like I am going to have to order them. Amazon has this http://www.amazon.com/Thin-Film-Tech-Precision-Continuous/dp/B0015DZIGC . Or would you guys just consider selling a few and shipping usps priority for some btc (would like to attempt this weekend)? Most the other stuff I have but I may need to get a smaller tip for the iron or upgrade.

No problem! This is the one we're using: http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/RR1220P-1821-D-M/RR12P1.82KDCT-ND/

The one you linked is fine, too. Even better, actually, with that incredible 0.1% precision! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: