Pages:
Author

Topic: XCurrency (XC) BlockNet community thread - page 18. (Read 29212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
October 24, 2014, 12:04:11 PM
it requires trust now. but the mixer works and there is a great graphical blockexplorer tool from kimmyf that visualises the tx for you to see.

Thank you for your honesty on this.  This is (one) of my biggest problems with XC.  It's sold as the best at anonymous transactions without opensource without explaining that you really need to take the devs word that it is the best anonymity solution.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
October 24, 2014, 11:59:36 AM
So far, every anon coin that has claimed to have a 100% working anon has failed and has dumped horribly.

What about the CryptoNote ring signature tech that's been verified by cryptographers?

I wasn't aware of it being broken, do you have a link?

Yes as far as I know CryptoNote is solid with the drawback being the bloat.  Having said that I haven't followed it in a while, has there been anything done to address that?

BBR has implemented a fix that scales the blockchain down linearly. It's an improvement, but not a complete solution.

I'm interested in learning more about XC's anon implementation, is there documentation yet or a timeline? Is the documentation expected around the same time as rev3?

right with rev3 detailed documentation should be expected.
some will state the closed source debate here again. well i like how they go about it. it requires trust now. but the mixer works and there is a great graphical blockexplorer tool from kimmyf that visualises the tx for you to see. i can understand that people shy away from investing before open source but i'm willing to take the higher risk now in order for a higher ROI. so please not that debate here again now. last time i checked nobody was forced to buy any coins.

meanwhile here is the latest PR surrounding the core privacy approach of XC:

http://xc-official.com/xcurrencys-revolutionary-privacy-advancement-trustless-ad-hoc-mesh-networking.html

its far from the socalled "whitepaper" but it gives mor info at least. I think both the cryptonote route and XCs idea are the right way to really bring that last evolutionary step to crypto in order to make it the digital equivalent to gold. untraceable transactions are a mandatory characteristic that bitcoin is missing. still the idea of decentralisation must not be compromised. Everybody that is working on this gets a big thumps up from me. the bloat issues of CN give XC the edge here imo.  (please don'T attack me monero fans  Wink)

people underestimate the importance of private transactions. this is not a trend like country or weed coins. its the missing part of the puzzle to kill fiat for good. the possible ROI is gigantic. those 15 $ DRK was just a mild preview of whats possible.

Don't worry about me, I definitely don't have any plans to go offtopic in this thread. Only reason I commented up there in the beginning was the "100%" claim, but I don't intend to post about that any more than I already have. Smiley

Looking forward to seeing rev3 stuff when it comes out. Always interesting to compare different implementations.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
October 24, 2014, 11:28:14 AM
So far, every anon coin that has claimed to have a 100% working anon has failed and has dumped horribly.

What about the CryptoNote ring signature tech that's been verified by cryptographers?

Yes as far as I know CryptoNote is solid with the drawback being the bloat.  Having said that I haven't followed it in a while, has there been anything done to address that?

BBR has implemented a fix that scales the blockchain down linearly. It's an improvement, but not a complete solution.

I'm interested in learning more about XC's anon implementation, is there documentation yet or a timeline? Is the documentation expected around the same time as rev3?

right with rev3 detailed documentation should be expected.
some will state the closed source debate here again. well i like how they go about it. it requires trust now. but the mixer works and there is a great graphical blockexplorer tool from kimmyf that visualises the tx for you to see. i can understand that people shy away from investing before open source but i'm willing to take the higher risk now in order for a higher ROI. so please not that debate here again now. last time i checked nobody was forced to buy any coins.

meanwhile here is the latest PR surrounding the core privacy approach of XC:

http://xc-official.com/xcurrencys-revolutionary-privacy-advancement-trustless-ad-hoc-mesh-networking.html

its far from the socalled "whitepaper" but it gives mor info at least. I think both the cryptonote route and XCs idea are the right way to really bring that last evolutionary step to crypto in order to make it the digital equivalent to gold. untraceable transactions are a mandatory characteristic that bitcoin is missing. still the idea of decentralisation must not be compromised. Everybody that is working on this gets a big thumps up from me. the bloat issues of CN give XC the edge here imo.  (please don'T attack me monero fans  Wink)

people underestimate the importance of private transactions. this is not a trend like country or weed coins. its the missing part of the puzzle to kill fiat for good. the possible ROI is gigantic. those 15 $ DRK was just a mild preview of whats possible.
legendary
amarha
October 24, 2014, 10:31:48 AM

Yes as far as I know CryptoNote is solid with the drawback being the bloat.  Having said that I haven't followed it in a while, has there been anything done to address that?

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
October 24, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

Yes as far as I know CryptoNote is solid with the drawback being the bloat.  Having said that I haven't followed it in a while, has there been anything done to address that?
legendary
amarha
October 24, 2014, 08:00:54 AM

Activity: 462
October 24, 2014, 02:26:59 AM
And your logic is flawed.  If to you what is dictatorial is deleting your post, then how come that post was deleted exactly for claiming dictatorial behaviour?  Circular reasoning.

Dude.  that's exactly what he said.

My post got deleted as being uncivil.

Reading comprehension?

"Dictatorial" was a profoundly biased description.

That's what I was addressing.

My post was deleted for no apparent reason, nor did I try to offend anyone. As an investor I am feeling offended by the fact that you are making certain inaccurate claims that are supposed to appease me and other investors , whereas these claims are simply not true and are worrisome. When I've raised my concern about this my post was deleted. To me this is dictatorial.

Is it a coincidence that you're spreading so much negativity around the Blocknet topics and you're also a supporter of the Supernet?
The post was not about dictatorship, my post was about the claim in the OP that is supposed to appease investors which is very offensive to me and should be to any investor. If you are accusing me of something, please, read carefully and turn reading comprehension on. 
October 24, 2014, 02:24:57 AM

Reading comprehension?

My post was deleted for no apparent reason, nor did I try to offend anyone. As an investor I am feeling offended by the fact that you are making certain inaccurate claims that are supposed to appease me and other investors , whereas these claims are simply not true and are worrisome. When I've raised my concern about this my post was deleted. To me this is dictatorial.

Is it a coincidence that you're spreading so much negativity around the Blocknet topics and you're also a supporter of the Supernet?
I never wrote anything about SuperNet. Your accusation is absolutely groundless and ridiculous.
legendary
Activity: 1036
October 23, 2014, 11:39:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
October 23, 2014, 05:42:28 PM
When did you post get deleted? I deleted many posts around baseless Fud (doesn't necessarily mean you were funding but your post was connected in some way) and some of them included Ursays but unless I state in the thread that you are banned there is no reason for you to believe that you are. No posts were deleted today mainly because I was out most of the day.

This was a few days ago.  No worries.

People make mistakes.  Situations can be tense.  We're all human.  Let's discuss the important topics rather then the social dynamics and who is wrong or right in these scenarios.  In the end this sort of conversation just takes away from much more important and relevant topics about the xc platform itself.  Smiley

[EDIT]  Did I mention I was excited to see mobile released?   I would think that any investor/user would be very happy about this.  Kiss
Activity: 840
October 23, 2014, 05:37:15 PM
When did you post get deleted? I deleted many posts around baseless Fud (doesn't necessarily mean you were funding but your post was connected in some way) and some of them included Ursays but unless I state in the thread that you are banned there is no reason for you to believe that you are. No posts were deleted today mainly because I was out most of the day.

edit: NVM you were talking about the blocknet thread.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
October 23, 2014, 05:32:23 PM
And your logic is flawed.  If to you what is dictatorial is deleting your post, then how come that post was deleted exactly for claiming dictatorial behaviour?  Circular reasoning.

Reading comprehension?

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
October 23, 2014, 05:28:58 PM
I understand both views here.  Let's try to move past this ban issue and build a strong foundation for xc together.  I had a few comments deleted around the time you were banned but we have to pick our battles.  You can always discuss the topics here if you can't post in the official threads.

By the way...It appears Dan may of just released a working version for mobile.  WHOA.   Cool
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
October 23, 2014, 05:26:48 PM

Reading comprehension?

October 23, 2014, 05:01:38 PM

Reading comprehension?

legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
October 23, 2014, 03:55:40 PM
Dude.  that's exactly what he said.

Reading comprehension?

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
October 23, 2014, 01:26:52 PM
I have posted this:

How on Earth are you "respecting the possibility that hype could lead to overbought conditions during the ITO and prompt a selloff that harms investors"? You are trying to squeeze as much juice from investors as you can by offering huge IPO. You are NOT respecting the possibility of a selloff, you are creating that possibility with your enormous ceiling, 24h marketing and hype (and that fairytale story of 400-900% return). By doing this you are lowering post-ITO demand as investors that support you will be fully invested when the ITO ends.
Stop with the PR and marketing and bring some real development before the ITO.

My post got deleted as being uncivil. I am becoming increasingly concerned. I was thinking of investing however this dictatorial approach is really scary.

Tell the other side of the story if you want to stand a chance of being perceived as fair:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9303725

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9296247

It's not a matter of my not respecting your views, it's a matter of your being abusive and aggressive.

Ask questions in a way that respects the people you're addressing, and everybody will benefit from your perspective.

Dude.  that's exactly what he said.

Reading comprehension?
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
October 23, 2014, 01:22:50 PM
I have posted this:

How on Earth are you "respecting the possibility that hype could lead to overbought conditions during the ITO and prompt a selloff that harms investors"? You are trying to squeeze as much juice from investors as you can by offering huge IPO. You are NOT respecting the possibility of a selloff, you are creating that possibility with your enormous ceiling, 24h marketing and hype (and that fairytale story of 400-900% return). By doing this you are lowering post-ITO demand as investors that support you will be fully invested when the ITO ends.

My post got deleted as being uncivil. I am becoming increasingly concerned. I was thinking of investing however this dictatorial approach is really scary.

Tell the other side of the story if you want to stand a chance of being perceived as fair:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9303725

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9296247

It's not a matter of my not respecting your views, it's a matter of your being abusive and aggressive.

Ask questions in a way that respects the people you're addressing, and everybody will benefit from your perspective.
October 23, 2014, 01:16:27 PM
I have posted this:

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 23, 2014, 12:07:52 PM

In fact - haven't you kinda made a living by selling the "legitimacy" of XC to pump other coins?  Isn't that all this is - just on a much bigger scale?

http://xc-official.com/xcurrency-code-reviews-the-de-facto-standard-of-legitimacy-among-altcoins.html

No I haven't made a living off any of that - your reaching to conclusions that try and justify your delusional reasoning based on false assumptions
Pages:
Jump to: