Pages:
Author

Topic: XCurrency (XC) BlockNet community thread - page 19. (Read 29212 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
October 23, 2014, 11:28:50 AM
The wallet is released and it is 100% working decentralized trustless mixing, which has been demonstrated several times and a visual block explorer was built showing how complex the anon system really is

I'm sorry.  But without actual code review by the community - I don't care what factors from the outside looking in are used to measure the supposed "anoniminity" of a coin.  It isn't enough.  It's like a code review of 400,000 lines of code by one developer in six hours.

Sure.  He looked at it.  But regardless of his experience level - it proves nothing about the security or trustworthiness of the coins claims.  How many "code reviews" and external factors have been looking for exploits in Windows?   Even with thousands of developers spending millions of man hours "code reviewing" it - it STILL isn't secure.

Software that needs to be secure (in this case anoniminity needs to be secure) is not considered so until it's open sourced.  Period.

all your doing is spreading FUD because I won't open source it.  Here is proof http://imgur.com/h8rFt5U or just go download the wallet it test it for your self

Stop it with the FUD accusations.  Legitimate concerns are NOT FUD.  Saying "I have the best anoniminity technology on the market.  Even though my coin is 20th on the market cap and I haven't open sourced it yet - just trust me" is MUCH more misleading than the "FUD" you accuse us of.  How about we just drop the terms FUD & SHILL and hold each other accountable to try & discover the truth about any given coin / technology?

2nd - the trustless anon & xchat was developed after XC's ATH price, so its not a stupid pump game, its real technology, combined with Xchat, which is real tech developed in-house, not a cloned CINNI EM system.

Again.  Until it's open sourced no one knows.  I have a hunch that it's probably modified code.  Or terrible with lots of holes.  Because the fact that your coin is 20th on the market cap with like 4 legit contenders - some of which have passed you in the last three month period while your coin has continued to fall.  Screams that you need legitimacy more than you need other coins to not clone you.  So the "I don't want clones" doesn't really hold water.

3rd - I'm NOT involved with any scam coins so stop making false allegations
Again.  Lets worry about the truth - not what paints who in a bad light.  The BlockNET is including coins with developers who in the past have left "investors" out to dry by promising technology and then delivering far far less.  Then move on to the next promised project / pump.

I view this as no less than a scam.  The fact that you are working with these developers to try and bring value to both their coin and your coin makes you "involved" with these coins, no?

In fact - haven't you kinda made a living by selling the "legitimacy" of XC to pump other coins?  Isn't that all this is - just on a much bigger scale?

http://xc-official.com/xcurrency-code-reviews-the-de-facto-standard-of-legitimacy-among-altcoins.html

You're using the fact that you can create pump on small coins as a marketing technique?  The reality / truth looks more like this

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/halcyon/

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 22, 2014, 10:32:56 PM
I keep hearing this. I don't get it?? I keep seeing Rev this and that released. Yes he has coded stuff and made a decent looking wallet.. but he hasn't delivered anything of value until that anon source code gets released. If its released and it is 100% working trustless anon, then yes he delivered.  That is all any real crypto investor gives a shit about. We are not in it to gamble and play the stupid pump game... where only the coin owners win.

The wallet is released and it is 100% working decentralized trustless mixing, which has been demonstrated several times and a visual block explorer was built showing how complex the anon system really is

all your doing is spreading FUD because I won't open source it.  Here is proof http://imgur.com/h8rFt5U or just go download the wallet it test it for your self

2nd - the trustless anon & xchat was developed after XC's ATH price, so its not a stupid pump game, its real technology, combined with Xchat, which is real tech developed in-house, not a cloned CINNI EM system.

3rd - I'm NOT involved with any scam coins so stop making false allegations

Dan

Activity: 11
October 22, 2014, 10:26:58 PM

Lol. you are ridiculous.

I private messaged you, because you commented about me in a thread where I am banned (before you wrote your replies here). It seemed like the appropriate thing to do.

The walls were always far lower than the actual price, so running my bot to gradually sell off would have always been better. I didn't dump, because at the time I had faith in XC. Those walls couldn't absorb anyone selling off on the top of the rich list.

Regarding Dan delivering... I keep hearing this. I don't get it?? I keep seeing Rev this and that released. Yes he has coded stuff and made a decent looking wallet.. but he hasn't delivered anything of value until that anon source code gets released. If its released and it is 100% working trustless anon, then yes he delivered.  That is all any real crypto investor gives a shit about. We are not in it to gamble and play the stupid pump game... where only the coin owners win.

The coins that XC has now grouped themselves with are run by people who have run scam coins with promises of anon features in the past. Those systems all had similar claims and bullshit graphics that proved anonymity. EXACTLY the same sentiment as XC is now. The XC team knows who these people are and chooses to associate with them. Sorry, that puts XC in the same boat as them.

I guess you will have to learn the hard way. If you are in this, because you are expecting a pump and planning to take profit, then ok do your thing... If you are in it for the long haul then god help you.

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
October 22, 2014, 08:04:23 PM

I said I wouldn't reveal my info.. that is the nature of insider info.. I won't get anymore if I'm seen blurting it out. I'm honestly doing you a favor with that warning.

Believe what you want to believe, I can only help connect the dots for you. Any investor knows that when good news comes out and the price drops in response its a VERY bad sign.

Good luck to you sir.

Lmao! I have no idea why you PM me. But I believe in transpararency, so I have posted your comment.

The very fact that you mentioned insider information on a public forum should constitute a backlash from your sources. They don't care about you dropping names... they care about the execution of the plan. The plan you revealed on a open forum. Oops!

Good luck to you sir.
Activity: 261
October 22, 2014, 06:39:41 PM
I also have some inside information about who is controlling Dan now, but I'll keep that to myself.

Perhaps you can say, is this a matter of proving a percentage of market holdings to have a more weighted opinion?

Yea it was poorly worded... I should have said I know now what whales he listens to.

Can you mention what these whales want to happen or discuss what they may be suggesting are priorities?

A whale's priority is always the same... create perceived value and profit off it. I don't think they all just log into a chat room and have a meeting haha.. For one to profit more another has to profit less... so while some may collude.. there is always incentive to reneg and dump first. I held enough XC to be considered an XC whale, but I got banned from the thread for voicing my views in a satirical manner.

If you have been following XC for a while you would know that there has been no buy support (AKA no one to dump on). This blocknet thing is a pathetic attempt to create it. I actually should thank them, because it is allowing me to exit XC.

This new network of coins thing is the next flavor of the month to attract the sheep. SuperNet and Atomic already exist.

XC can very well still get pumped, but I'm not taking the chance. I'll buy back in when all the cheerleaders start crying and panic sell.

O and if people aren't crying, it means the price definitely isn't low enough yet ;p

"If you have been following XC for a while you would know that there has been no buy support" (AKA no one to dump on).

Well... I have been following XC every single day for the past 5 months, so I have a question. No buy support? When MP was running, there was always enough buys to absorb a dump. You could of dumped 20,000 coins at anytime and the price would of remained above 100k. When MP went down, so did the liquidity. Why would you wait, when you could of dumped on MP?

What I am interested in, is your claim of insider information. Did Bobsurplus tell you that? Or did Pookie tell you this? Probably the latter... right pookie? Always posturing how many XC you have. You stated that all coins which reveal their Anon get dumped because they turn out to be vapor. So why hold a big bag of XC if they are closed source? You are contradicting yourself. Oh... right. XC had the high moral ground. Now they are a bunch of scammers after all the work they have done? Dan has delivered time and time again, but now after all the work he has done, he is a scammer who listens to whales? Hmmm. Dan has proved his worth, how about you prove yours by providing evidence of him being manipulated by whales?  
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
October 22, 2014, 05:35:41 PM
A whale's priority is always the same

Generally, across all coins and industries, some whales are more concerned with the development of technology and being able to use that tech for the greater good more so then the short term financials.  Potential financial profit motivates many but not all.
October 22, 2014, 05:18:03 PM
I also have some inside information about who is controlling Dan now, but I'll keep that to myself.

Perhaps you can say, is this a matter of proving a percentage of market holdings to have a more weighted opinion?

Yea it was poorly worded... I should have said I know now what whales he listens to.

Can you mention what these whales want to happen or discuss what they may be suggesting are priorities?

A whale's priority is always the same... create perceived value and profit off it. I don't think they all just log into a chat room and have a meeting haha.. For one to profit more another has to profit less... so while some may collude.. there is always incentive to reneg and dump first. I held enough XC to be considered an XC whale, but I got banned from the thread for voicing my views in a satirical manner.

If you have been following XC for a while you would know that there has been no buy support (AKA no one to dump on). This blocknet thing is a pathetic attempt to create it. I actually should thank them, because it is allowing me to exit XC.

This new network of coins thing is the next flavor of the month to attract the sheep. SuperNet and Atomic already exist.

XC can very well still get pumped, but I'm not taking the chance. I'll buy back in when all the cheerleaders start crying and panic sell.

O and if people aren't crying, it means the price definitely isn't low enough yet ;p
legendary
October 22, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
October 22, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
That's because the coin supply was cut dramatically when PoW ended early, price spiked in relation.  Here is a link from the original thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6617723

Ah so basically a few people got in back when total supply was going to be 16 - 33 mil - but the supply changed to 5 - 6 million & that's the price spike.
Activity: 252
October 22, 2014, 04:18:47 PM

Just out of curiosity - any idea of what the average cost of early adopter who got his coins in the 100 days of mining was?  For a lot of coins I think later adopters never realize how cheap early adoption was (I know I was in this boat and got dumped on in another coin).  But per coinmarketcap - XC is cheaper than it's ever been except in the first several days.

That's because the coin supply was cut dramatically when PoW ended early, price spiked in relation.  Here is a link from the original thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6617723
legendary
October 22, 2014, 04:06:48 PM

Just out of curiosity - any idea of what the average cost of early adopter who got his coins in the 100 days of mining was?  For a lot of coins I think later adopters never realize how cheap early adoption was (I know I was in this boat and got dumped on in another coin).  But per coinmarketcap - XC is cheaper than it's ever been except in the first several days.
October 22, 2014, 03:59:31 PM

legendary
October 22, 2014, 03:57:39 PM

A few days ago there was speculation about A LOT of coins moving.  I know exactly who that is.  Wink
October 22, 2014, 03:46:19 PM
Thank you for giving me a place to post about XC URSAY.

My advice to any potential XC investor: WAIT UNTIL THEY OPEN SOURCE THE ANON CODE.

You can blindly trust them, or you can wait til they deliver. So far, every anon coin that has claimed to have a 100% working anon has failed and has dumped horribly. This coin already has a pretty high cap, so you are taking a big risk. Buying this coin without insider knowledge is gambling, not investing/trading.

Just like the blind believers illogically following the Dev, you have people who are illogically blinded by the fact it is closed source and then jump to wild conclusions without any evidence also, they are the opposite ends of the spectrum, over optimistic and overly pessimistic  

That's because EVERY anon coin that has promised a 100% trustless anon system HAS FAILED when they reveal their code.

I dumped a ton of XC yesterday just like I said I would in my deleted post, and I will gladly dump more. So go ahead and put some buy orders up.

I held XC, because I thought they had a moral high ground going for them.

I got a bit uneasy when Dan started doing work for coins that lied and fucked over their communities hard. But, I figured, the guy has gotta eat.

When I saw the blocknet announcement I laughed for a good 5 minutes. A bunch of scamcoins all grouped and XC is at the HEAD!

Sure their concepts all sound nice and fancy,, but none of them are practical at all. Bitcoin is extremely simple and 99.99% of people don't even use it!

I seriously cannot wait to come back in a few months and just twist the fucking knife in you pathetic cheerleaders. You are worse than the scammers themselves, because you blindly give them your money and speak out against people who criticize them.

Sure, XC can pump up 2-10x if the market lets it.. but I'm not taking a chance on that. I feel bad for the team members who have their name attached to XC... because when the XC whales dump.. they are going to get all the fallout.

legendary
October 22, 2014, 03:10:25 AM
I agree with you on everything you said.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 22, 2014, 02:58:58 AM
Yea ... I get what you're saying.  But darkcoin had first mover advantage.  

Maybe I'm wrong and XC will come roaring back.  I just don't see room for it in the top 20 with BTCD, Monero & Darkcoin all above it in market cap especially when it chooses to remain closed source.

See i don't know.

From this last trend in coins, which was the anon trend, Current is cannabis which seems to have been much shorter lived. It seems the anon function alone is something that in the future generation of coins is going to becoming prerequisite for all coins being created. The anon is becoming a standard feature on any wallet. The trend lasted much longer than normal trends usually happen and many more coins are joining in on it and i do think that is because it is something that is valued and needed , With the media for the last year or so story after story of how the NSA can hack into your accounts and make it look like you had payments from terrorists going back 12 years to , the ability to hack into every single computer on earth with ease. This is why the trend has lasted so long and why still more and more people are trying to make new solutions and new possibilities.

It is something that is urgently required not just for the tech geeks but for everyone and anyone using technology , the ability to not have your every move traced.

It will most likely depend on the other features the coin can bring and how easy they can be to use, general adoption like normal.

While i cannot with 100% certaintly say XC is going to be THE coin to solve all the problems and be the more feature rich and easiest to use therefore the best, It is still a horse in the race, i am currently invested in 2 of the other coins you mentioned. I see the anon as a foundation on the coins themselves , The impressive thing is , it cannot be denied that all the coin dev's of aforementioned coins have been working their asses off , pushing for a similar goal. They have provided constant updates and new innovation to the crypto space.

it would be a pretty safe gamble to suggest that the best anon solution/coin hasn't even been made yet

legendary
October 22, 2014, 02:43:27 AM
Yea ... I get what you're saying.  But darkcoin had first mover advantage.  

Maybe I'm wrong and XC will come roaring back.  I just don't see room for it in the top 20 with BTCD, Monero & Darkcoin all above it in market cap especially when it chooses to remain closed source.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 22, 2014, 02:38:22 AM
legendary
October 22, 2014, 01:51:34 AM
Honestly, now I'm not sure I was banned

They will send you a message if you are thread banned (or should state it on the thread).  User so & so is banned.

Back on the issue of open source - here's the problem.  I count Darkcoin, Monero, BitcoinDark all with SIGNIFICANTLY larger market caps.  And they are all open sourced. 

If XC really had what it claims to - why would they not release it?  If somebody wants to clone anonymity - they can do it already with projects that are much larger in market cap & older than XCurrency.  Deciding to come out with "the internet of blockchains" before you open source your code raises some massive red flags.  You aren't finishing the project before you start this under taking?  It looks like you're simply chasing the fads & have no real bearing.  In addition - there's no way to really verify the last six months of performance / code quality.  There's no way of knowing if you're selling a load of hoarse shit.

I'm seeing XC is down to 1.8 Million.  Monero (disclaimer - I own some) is releasing (I think) like 15,000 coins on the market per day.  XC is slowly fading into oblivion.  The only reason it hasn't had the shit dumped out of it is because it's PoS & releasing few new coins.  So it's held up by holders - it's not attracting new buyers.  If you add up this market action with Dan's tendancy to pump other coins - some of which supposedly do the same thing as XC (privacy messaging \ transactions).  And the fact that the blocknet is made up of largely unknown coins at best / scam coins at worst.  Then the appearance is that rather than focus on delivering XC which was to be open sourced - this is a desperate grab at funds.

You're really trying to sell an idea to the community when you haven't opensourced the last six months of your project?  Perhaps all of the pre-mine funds have been used up & the development needs to move on to another project to win the bread?

If the coins primary selling point is anonymity and it's closed sourced there can be little to no verification of any of the development claims in the last several months.  The ONLY thing people are buying is that whatever tech is under the hood will beat out Darkcoin, Monero, BitcoinDark, etc.  & this bet is placed purely on the hype machine known as XC.  Nothing else.

So yeah.  Open source matters in this space.  As it should. 

With Darkcoin open sourcing, cryptonote going mainstream then then btcd the market for closed sourced anonymity solutions has effectively been filled.  It's like buying a pile of dirt that claims there is gold in it - or buying gold.  It's not so much that XC has changed - but the market around it has.

legendary
October 22, 2014, 12:16:21 AM
And I'm glad you're not throwing in the towel despite having been banned from the official thread apparently. I've appreciated your contributions. And I think the team would be more receptive to your contributions and feedback if there were not a hoard of nit-picking trolls dishing out their rhetoric and punchlines alongside your input.

Honestly, now I'm not sure I was banned.  3 of my posts were deleted but I'm not sure I was banned.  I apologize to the team if that mistake on my part set off additional trolls.  Dealing with the constant influx of users that have strong opinions is not an easy job.

It just got really tense in there for a bit and I saw a ban or two that became questionable.  Also, if PR feels the need to get emotional or call names, step away from the keyboard and breathe.  I really hated seeing the PR guy call someone a retard and Dan following up with a confirmation of that statement and ban.
Pages:
Jump to: