Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 114. (Read 1484185 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Hey, let's take a moment to get some perspective. Sometimes fudders can make it seem like XC is somehow lacking or in trouble, but that's a pure illusion.

- XC's private payments and (non-group) XChat are working beautifully.

- Nothing even remotely compares to XC's anon tech.

- We're on the verge of XC Mobile!

i have said for weeks now that this should be the core of the PR efforts. nothing will sell XC like its anonymity. which is the first and only that really carrys on with satoshis vision on all fronts while bringing full privacy.

this will sell XC and i don't see the point in waiting forever to communicate not to experts but in simple words what is getting worked on here. you do the same with blocknet. the PR was easy to understand compared to the mesh net ones. it has an emotional catch phrase with "internet of blockchains". we need that for XCs privacy tec too. like "privacy the Satoshi way" but thats probably to abstract but somthing like that.

i love the blocknet but it is to new to be the driving force here.

people will have to learn that the blocknet is beneficial for xc by seeing first hand. You can repeat yourself millions of times the next weeks it won't matter.

and please never use "enough said" again it sounds super arrogant even not intended.

I apologise for coming across as arrogant with the words "enough said".

It wasn't my intention. I simply wished to assert that I think a strong case for a given point is clear.

Then on the topic of marketing, remember we're in agreement about the significance of XC's privacy tech, and also in agreement that it should be marketed in normal non-technical language.

The consumer-marketing will begin when we have consumer products. It does not make sense to do so earlier than this, because people would just be attracted to something they can't use.

Activity: 882

Hey, let's take a moment to get some perspective. Sometimes fudders can make it seem like XC is somehow lacking or in trouble, but that's a pure illusion.

i have said for weeks now that this should be the core of the PR efforts. nothing will sell XC like its anonymity. which is the first and only that really carrys on with satoshis vision on all fronts while bringing full privacy.

this will sell XC and i don't see the point in waiting forever to communicate not to experts but in simple words what is getting worked on here. you do the same with blocknet. the PR was easy to understand compared to the mesh net ones. it has an emotional catch phrase with "internet of blockchains". we need that for XCs privacy tec too. like "privacy the Satoshi way" but thats probably to abstract but somthing like that.

people will have to learn that the blocknet is beneficial for xc by seeing first hand. You can repeat yourself millions of times the next weeks it won't matter.

and please never use "enough said" again it sounds super arrogant even not intended.

I feel what you're saying here. Unfortunately I've been seeing the whole "not open source? It's just vapor" thing popping up much more frequently.  It seems no matter what kind of advances are being made people love to find some way to diminish them.

I'm willing to engage in that discussion. from a investor pow i'm glad that open sourcing later gives me the chance for higher ROI in case my trust in the team is right. nobody is forced to take that risk so i actually never understand that discussion anyway.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Synechist in one post you say the blocknet is like internet in the other one you say it is not internet like realt internet...i'm still confused...

For something to be like something else is not for it to be the same as something else.

Identity /= analogy.

The Blocknet is the internet of blockchains. Therefore it functions like the internet and its utility derives from the same principles: openness, ease of access, efficient communication and retail...

But this doesn't make the Blocknet the internet. The internet is still generalised, whereas the Blocknet is inter-blockchain connections.

Make sense now?

For me is still difficult to grasp and I thank you for your effort in clarifying it I hope I will grasp it more when I see it in action.
legendary
Unfortunately I've been seeing the whole "not open source? It's just vapor" thing popping up much more frequently.  It seems no matter what kind of advances are being made people love to find some way to diminish them.

I agree - some people will not be able to appreciate a good thing when it's in front of them.

But hey, this is Bitcointalk. There is no end of trolling. We've just got to ignore the rubbish.
legendary
Synechist in one post you say the blocknet is like internet in the other one you say it is not internet like realt internet...i'm still confused...

For something to be like something else is not for it to be the same as something else.

Identity /= analogy.

The Blocknet is the internet of blockchains. Therefore it functions like the internet and its utility derives from the same principles: openness, ease of access, efficient communication and retail...

But this doesn't make the Blocknet the internet. The internet is still generalised, whereas the Blocknet is inter-blockchain connections.

Make sense now?

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I would want to thank XC team for their work.

A lot of people seems to be lost with the concept of Blocknet but keep it up, it's great idea!

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

I feel what you're saying here. Unfortunately I've been seeing the whole "not open source? It's just vapor" thing popping up much more frequently.  It seems no matter what kind of advances are being made people love to find some way to diminish them.

compleately agree wqith this comment. Synechist in one post you say the blocknet is like internet in the other one you say it is not internet like realt internet...i'm still confused...However Hoertest post makes sense time after time after time.

Thank you Buddy!
Activity: 882

legendary
Most people can not see the reason for this blockchain of internet shit, BECAUSE no one belives that the number of currencys that exists today will last. Its several hundred currencys. People do not see the reason to even "connect" with those proposed now..

The Blocknet doesn't require that currencies on it last.

That's like thinking that the internet requires websites to last. They don't last, and the internet does just fine. :-)

The Blocknet's value is that it makes it trivially easy to use coins' features - just like the internet revolutionised shopping, communication, etc. That's huge.

Enough said.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250

I hold 1900 XC.. lost like 1 BTC already on this. Most people can not see the reason for this blockchain of internet shit, BECAUSE no one belives that the number of currencys that exists today will last. Its several hundred currencys. People do not see the reason to even "connect" with those proposed now..
legendary

legendary
Anyone who interprets the Blocknet as some kind of association - and thus equivalence of value - between coins has no idea what the Blocknet is.

If two companies are on the internet, does their value thereby become somewhat equal? No.

Let's remember that the Blocknet is an open framework, an internet of blockchains.

Can you clarify the difference between the Blocknet and Web 3.0 please as I am confused I was thinking that the new Internet would have been web 3.0 on top of XC mesh Network now. If you can clarify the difference. Thank you.

The Blocknet is a way of enabling nodes on different blockchains to communicate.

Web 3.0 is distributed, secure internet.

The internet in general is not the same as an internet of blockchains.
Anyone who interprets the Blocknet as some kind of association - and thus equivalence of value - between coins has no idea what the Blocknet is.

If two companies are on the internet, does their value thereby become somewhat equal? No.

Let's remember that the Blocknet is an open framework, an internet of blockchains.

Can you clarify the difference between the Blocknet and Web 3.0 please as I am confused I was thinking that the new Internet would have been web 3.0 on top of XC mesh Network now. If you can clarify the difference. Thank you.
Activity: 728
This is exactly my doubt - XC, top 20 coin associated itself with note know coins, so that unknown coins associated themselves with well known XC. Result I expect is "psychological value" flow from XC to those less known coins.

Have you researched the dev prominence behind those coins or just the Marketcap?

legendary

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
It does work, and its not open source for several reasons, including the fact it is the most advanced mixer technology on the marketplace and would be cloned immediately...

Please dont call it the "most advanced mixer technology" when its closed source. If you want that title, open source it, have it scrutinized and present your case to the community.

Its claims like this that make investors run away.

+1

i think so too. and it really sucks to see the price falling like a stone.

maybe the blocknet idea wasn't the best idea at all? i think publishing this idea after REV3 was released would be much better as we lost 30% in just a few days.

even most of the coins that joined the blocknet train are nearly worthless

Coin  -  Marketcap - Price change last 7 days
APEX - $ 62,861       +225.72 %
SSD - $ 126,504       +15.98 %
SWIFT - $ 491,164    +13.32 %
XST   - $ 369,854      +1.69 %
NHZ  - $ 188,442      -13.81 %
UTIL   - $ 150,427     +31.07 %
FIBRE - $ 190,156     -11.86 %

XC     - $ 1,942,676   -28.71 %

Why were only coins added that are nearly worthless?
Why didn't you try to get at least one coin that has a market cap > 1M$?

And as it seems nearly all of them increased in price only XC lost dramatically.

I think a blocknet would make sense when coins that already have a high marketcap join forces to
build something big but this somehow feels like XC is used to bring more value to some useless coins.

This is exactly my doubt - XC, top 20 coin associated itself with note know coins, so that unknown coins associated themselves with well known XC. Result I expect is "psychological value" flow from XC to those less known coins.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
Looking forward to work with you guys together at Blocknet!   Really excited about this project.

Even if we (Fibrecoin) have already your anon mixing from Dan in Revision 2 included into the coin.

Hope you have a good week!

Cheers!

SORRY??

Can Anyone from the Team Clarify on this statement ASAP please?

He meant Rev1, obviously.

Yeah Yeah , Revision 1 XC in Revision 2 Fibre Cheesy

But nice anyway.

Looking forward to work with you guys together at Blocknet!   Really excited about this project.

Even if we (Fibrecoin) have already your anon mixing from Dan in Revision 2 included into the coin.

Cheers!

SORRY??

I thought so people should weight their words carefully in this thread before posting.
legendary

Cheers!

SORRY??

Jump to: