Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 170. (Read 1484188 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Synechist........where can we view the list of participating coins as they are added?  Wanna stock up on a few of those!

Good question...

I think we'll be creating a Blocknet thread. That'll be the place.

Ok cool, will try to keep an eye for that.  List of current participants are in the white paper though correct?

Yup. :-)

And on that note, I'm going to take a nap. It's 2am here.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Synechist........where can we view the list of participating coins as they are added?  Wanna stock up on a few of those!

Good question...

Ok cool, will try to keep an eye for that.  List of current participants are in the white paper though correct?
legendary
Will people with XC coins be able to get free blocknet coins?

No, you get 10% off Blocknet shares if you buy with XC.

Ok, then another questions:

If I buy XC Shares in XC Inc, then why do I need to buy Blocknet shares ?
Will it be the same thing or a completely different entity?

What will be the benefits of owning both XC INC and Blocknet shares?

What's the difference of holding XC compared to holding XC INK stocks or whatever they are?

There will be three assets, XC, XC Inc, and Blocknet shares.

Holding all of them is advisable :-).

XC Inc's value derives from its ability to deliver leading tech.

XCurrency's value derives from its privacy, flexibility and real-world applicability.

The Blocknet's value is in its being the internet of blockchains.

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Also to add, before actual company shares are bought, most smart/savvy investors will look at business plans and/or PNL statements. Does XC and Blocknet have business plans that will detail how they will actually make money?

Ok, then another questions:

If I buy XC Shares in XC Inc, then why do I need to buy Blocknet shares ?
Will it be the same thing or a completely different entity?

What will be the benefits of owning both XC INC and Blocknet shares?

legendary

Good question...

legendary
legendary

legendary
From pdf: "The Blocknet is founded upon the XBridge, a true P2P protocol extension based on the Xnode protocol (the secure way in which XCurrency’s nodes communicate)."

What will serve as the 'Xnodes' for the Blocknet?

The XBridge protocol is what will handle communication between nodes on the Blocknet. So it's the "Xnode" for the Blocknet - except it's a protocol, not a node.

legendary
Can i buy blocknet shares only while holding a coin, or is holding the coin just for the 10% off? so that i can pay in BTC without holding any coin involved?

You can buy shares with BTC, but you save 10% if you buy with a participating coin.

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
The news represents an amazing achievement and exactly what the alt coin market needs at this particular moment.  Well done team.  Thanks for everything.
legendary
How will we be able to invest in XC Inc.?

XC Inc will hold its ITO sometime in Q1 2015, as it is seeking legal corporate status

Cool, thanks......will have to keep my eye out for that, don't want to miss this one!

Dan.......I haven't had any personal communication with you but wanted to say thanks for all your efforts man!!  You are making some serious fricken waves in the crypto world dude, AMAZING WORK man!
legendary

Hopefully last silly question:-)

Do I need to uninstall the regular wallet or can this run on a machine along with the regular wallet?

I don't think there are two types of wallets. The latest versions now includes the xmixer tech. It should replace the current wallet you have installed.

1. Always backup your wallet.dat file to another folder before updating. The file can be found in username\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency.
2. Run the installer.exe.
3. To get xmixer tech running you need to append the Target line in the Shortcut tab. This can be found by right clicking on the shortcut to the program that was created by the installer on the desktop or start menu.

It should include the expression -distmix-autonode .

[snip]

4. Run the wallet from the shortcut you just changed. You should now see in the wallet's title bar the addition of the word [autonode] which indicates the xmixer is running.

Hey bud, just wanted to thank you again for posting this yesterday for me!  Got the mixer up and running on the latest wallet, moved all my coins to a brand new wallet in batches of 250 so all should be good:-)

Much appreciated....you as well synechist!

Great! Very glad you got it all sorted.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
From pdf: "The Blocknet is founded upon the XBridge, a true P2P protocol extension based on the Xnode protocol (the secure way in which XCurrency’s nodes communicate)."

What will serve as the 'Xnodes' for the Blocknet?
Activity: 810
https://ironx.io IRONX
I am surprised noone has posted its happening yet lol
legendary

Hopefully last silly question:-)

Do I need to uninstall the regular wallet or can this run on a machine along with the regular wallet?

I don't think there are two types of wallets. The latest versions now includes the xmixer tech. It should replace the current wallet you have installed.

1. Always backup your wallet.dat file to another folder before updating. The file can be found in username\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency.
2. Run the installer.exe.
3. To get xmixer tech running you need to append the Target line in the Shortcut tab. This can be found by right clicking on the shortcut to the program that was created by the installer on the desktop or start menu.

It should include the expression -distmix-autonode .

4. Run the wallet from the shortcut you just changed. You should now see in the wallet's title bar the addition of the word [autonode] which indicates the xmixer is running.

Hey bud, just wanted to thank you again for posting this yesterday for me!  Got the mixer up and running on the latest wallet, moved all my coins to a brand new wallet in batches of 250 so all should be good:-)

Much appreciated....you as well synechist!
Activity: 756

XC Inc will hold its ITO sometime in Q1 2015, as it is seeking legal corporate status
legendary
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Can i buy blocknet shares only while holding a coin, or is holding the coin just for the 10% off? so that i can pay in BTC without holding any coin involved?
Jump to: