Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 172. (Read 1484188 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

3. I'm also wondering how much does Blocknet's success depend on the success of XCurrency the coin? I ask because I'm worried that if XCurrency isn't doing so well in the medium term future, for whatever reason, could Dan and co 'jump ship' so to speak and focus solely on Blocknet services? I mean that could be very profitable in its own right.

I think Arlyn answered #1 and #2, but I need everybody to understand something, XCurrency is my baby, always has and always will be - that will never change.

Dan
Good questions! Thanks.

Just a few musings of mine:

1. Won't XC's resources be hugely stretched with Blocknets (cool name btw!) development on top of an already demanding XC roadmap? I mean we're still a long way off Rev 3 and can only see it being delayed further with this new project, Dan is only human after all!

- No it'll be the opposite: the huge development muscle of all the participating coins will become available (and funded) for Blocknet development.

2. I can see a lot of XC holders, myself included, hedging their bets by trading XC for shares of Blocknet. This will surely see the price of XC drop quite a bit as the XC supplied to Blocknet Inc. will be sold on the exchanges to help fund their development.

- XC will not be dumped onto the market. It'll be used to pay for development. Also, XC's price will rise because shares are 10% cheaper when you buy them with XC.

3. I'm also wondering how much does Blocknet's success depend on the success of XCurrency the coin? I ask because I'm worried that if XCurrency isn't doing so well in the medium term future, for whatever reason, could Dan and co 'jump ship' so to speak and focus solely on Blocknet services? I mean that could be very profitable in its own right.

- The Blocknet is like the internet: any web company can rise or fall and it'll still be there.
- XC is the powerhouse behind the majority of the Blocknet's tech.
- XC Inc will launch and its purpose will be solely to develop XC-based tech. So XC will only get more powerful.

Thanks for the feedback. XC is the only coin I'm invested in and been following since early June. Really excited to be apart of this technological revolution. My biggest problem now is to find more funds to invest in Blocknet Inc. shares. I have a tidy sum of XC but don't want it to get any smaller! Grin

Keep up the good work btw!

Thank you!

(My advice for getting capital for the Blocknet ITO: find the smallest, newest participant in the Blocknet and buy some coins now.)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

I think Arlyn answered #1 and #2, but I need everybody to understand something, XCurrency is my baby, always has and always will be - that will never change.

Dan
Good questions! Thanks.

1. Won't XC's resources be hugely stretched with Blocknets (cool name btw!) development on top of an already demanding XC roadmap? I mean we're still a long way off Rev 3 and can only see it being delayed further with this new project, Dan is only human after all!

- No it'll be the opposite: the huge development muscle of all the participating coins will become available (and funded) for Blocknet development.

2. I can see a lot of XC holders, myself included, hedging their bets by trading XC for shares of Blocknet. This will surely see the price of XC drop quite a bit as the XC supplied to Blocknet Inc. will be sold on the exchanges to help fund their development.

- XC will not be dumped onto the market. It'll be used to pay for development. Also, XC's price will rise because shares are 10% cheaper when you buy them with XC.

- The Blocknet is like the internet: any web company can rise or fall and it'll still be there.
- XC Inc will launch and its purpose will be solely to develop XC-based tech. So XC will only get more powerful.

Thanks for the feedback. XC is the only coin I'm invested in and been following since early June. Really excited to be apart of this technological revolution. My biggest problem now is to find more funds to invest in Blocknet Inc. shares. I have a tidy sum of XC but don't want it to get any smaller! Grin

Keep up the good work btw!
legendary

shall I post a link to this in all the contributing coins threads for help with fud etc?

Ah, yes. Great idea.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

shall I post a link to this in all the contributing coins threads for help with fud etc?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Dan
legendary
Good questions! Thanks.

Activity: 195

Provisional ITO rules.
This is completely separate from the XC Inc ITO, which will happen a fair bit later.

[snip]

The one thing im missing in this is: why would i want to buy into this? What's in it for token holders?

You'll be speculating on the success of the biggest powerhouse in crypto.
(Also, Blocknet-specific services (i.e. those not linked to any specific coin) are monetised and the revenues from them will be returned to holders.)
Maybe to soon to ask now but my next question would be: where is the line?
eg: Integration of 'known atm' functionality will be routed true the XBridge == XMixer == XCurrency. With that part revenue is clear. (although got a lot of questions about choices to be made with conflicting tech) But your answer implicates that in the future there will also be 'some new' functionality (blocknet specific) thats only available to end-users (the ones that pay) in another way/tech. Think there is need for a clear line between the two set in stone.

Well a decentralized exchange could be an example of some new tech that is blocknet specific....

This should be a priority I recon. The sooner this happens the sooner we can stop worrying about things like Mintpal and the likes.

What a bunch of News im so excited.
Btw a decentralized exchange is a must regarding this post
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10JYJZ8-e_0SIXsDz_b2MYJxq8fVZ37PsOK689e4Bnng/pub
from here https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/522523718900133888

and a little fun http://mintpal.pw/  Angry
legendary
Activity: 2310
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank XC Team for choosing fibre to be part of Blocknet.

As synechist mentioned this is a win-win situation, we are here to do whatever is needed.

I believe Working together will bring more awareness worldwide for all participates.

We will be unstoppable Smiley

Krushang

Yes, we are creating a direct P2P eco-system that will embrace the potential, and continue to innovate in what is already becoming the next "Internet"

Amazing work and it is just a start ! Thank You Dan and whole XC Team for making it possible to be part of this project !

Mxxxxxx
Fibre Team Member

Provisional ITO rules.
This is completely separate from the XC Inc ITO, which will happen a fair bit later.

[snip]

The one thing im missing in this is: why would i want to buy into this? What's in it for token holders?

(Also, Blocknet-specific services (i.e. those not linked to any specific coin) are monetised and the revenues from them will be returned to holders.)
eg: Integration of 'known atm' functionality will be routed true the XBridge == XMixer == XCurrency. With that part revenue is clear. (although got a lot of questions about choices to be made with conflicting tech) But your answer implicates that in the future there will also be 'some new' functionality (blocknet specific) thats only available to end-users (the ones that pay) in another way/tech. Think there is need for a clear line between the two set in stone.

Well a decentralized exchange could be an example of some new tech that is blocknet specific....

This should be a priority I recon. The sooner this happens the sooner we can stop worrying about things like Mintpal and the likes.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
legendary
legendary
Where can I buy into blocknet?

You'll be able to buy shares on 29 October at traditional exchanges and at the NHZ asset exchange.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Provisional ITO rules.

[snip]

Activity: 339
So I noticed DRK wasn't in the list?  Grin

I think we should at least ask them if they want to join.

Activity: 182
Where can I buy into blocknet?
Jump to: