Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 226. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I don't like the font to be honest, it is too small.

I mean the letters are too slim.

Ultra-thin fonts are the trend these days. They're seen as elegant.

Previously they weren't employed because lower screen resolutions make then look pixelated.

The advent of retina screens and HD smartphones have changed all that, fortunately. :-)

Yes, for example I'm testing the UI on a G3. Here is the 'full' res:

https://i.imgur.com/fbtBkjt.png

Also, I will mess around with the fonts and around Wednesday present some alt ideas to the community. However, I personally like the thin fonts but I'm happy to change the font itself and caps.

It looks much better in this pic. I like. Good work.  Smiley

Yes it does but I did just notice that the arrows look weird; a small bug in the old images which this one happens to be.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Previously they weren't employed because lower screen resolutions make then look pixelated.

The advent of retina screens and HD smartphones have changed all that, fortunately. :-)

Also, I will mess around with the fonts and around Wednesday present some alt ideas to the community. However, I personally like the thin fonts but I'm happy to change the font itself and caps.

It looks much better in this pic. I like. Good work.  Smiley
Activity: 882
i think it looks dope and the font shouldn't be a problem on non retina screens. teka can you create this actual phone preview? I know i'm asking alot. getting excited here.

Sure, might come in a few hours though.

your the man. can you try a brighter green too?. or is this the Brand color? I love the icons man and the overall minimalistic style. beautyfull. not so loaded with crap and stupid effects like alot of other apps.
I just looked at the new ui full screen on my iphone 6+, it looks better viewing from my phone than my desktop pc earlier. (Obviously, haha)

I think it looks great! And have no issues with the font when viewing from my mobile device. Although I wouldn't mind exploring some other font options if teka wants to make them.

Was the experience mind-bending?

I'm so sorry....
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
the green could be a little brighter if thats possible branding wise. and the background 1-2% more grey than white but i would have to see it on an actual phone. I can't wait to have this on my phone . thats what i have been waiting for for weeks.  Smiley

That's something I've been thinking about a bit, given that XC's brand has the drawback of coming across as a bit boring and 50-something-ish.

XC's brand has the benefit of being professional, serious, and not being associated with the darkweb. But a little more energy, a little more of an upbeat tone, etc. might help.

Same goes for the press releases and marketing for XChat. It should be more upbeat than core tech-related releases.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I just looked at the new ui full screen on my iphone 6+, it looks better viewing from my phone than my desktop pc earlier. (Obviously, haha)

I think it looks great! And have no issues with the font when viewing from my mobile device. Although I wouldn't mind exploring some other font options if teka wants to make them.
i think it looks dope and the font shouldn't be a problem on non retina screens. teka can you create this actual phone preview? I know i'm asking alot. getting excited here.

Sure, might come in a few hours though.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

It looks crap on screens that aren't retina.

Which means, my screen and a lot of other people to.

Just consider changing it to another font or at least have an option to change it.

My phone is two years old and the screen resolution is 720 x 1280 pixels.

Go upgrade your phone to something relatively current.
legendary

It looks crap on screens that aren't retina.

Just consider changing it to another font or at least have an option to change it.

What's your screen resolution?

More relevantly, what's the resolution of your phone's screen?

Regardless of how it looks on any given device, it's a good idea to stick to design trends when you're a new brand entering the market. We need to look current.

Activity: 714

It doesn't look good on screens that aren't retina.

the layout btw is great for the home window. which this is as i see it. can't wait for a chat preview.

the green could be a little brighter if thats possible branding wise. and the background 1-2% more grey than white but i would have to see it on an actual phone. I can't wait to have this on my phone . thats what i have been waiting for for weeks.  Smiley
legendary

can we expect some news today? time to fight the general downtrend in crypto again and stand strong.
teka you know what you promised for monday.  Smiley

What this?

or this?

So everyone, what's your feedback on these images?

How would you feel having that on your smartphone?

I LOVE the mobile design, can you put one of this smartphone designs around it and give it some reflection effect, you know like looking like the actual phone. is that complicated to do? would show the strength of you claen design much more.
Activity: 714

legendary
can we expect some news today? time to fight the general downtrend in crypto again and stand strong.

What this?
snip

or this?

snip

Overall I like it. To me something about the text feels too long or stretched. I think for the transaction incoming the arrow being XC green would be a nice touch and some red for outgoing.

Interesting. One of the official branding fonts is Avenir, stretched lengthwise to 110% (i.e. made less vertical).

I wonder whether doing this - and perhaps using lower case rather than all caps - would help.

Activity: 616

What this?
snip

or this?

snip

Overall I like it. To me something about the text feels too long or stretched. I think for the transaction incoming the arrow being XC green would be a nice touch and some red for outgoing.

I think I agree with this.  Overall looks great, but I feel like the font could be improved somehow, not sure how though.  Maybe if the font size was smaller?  Dunno.  I do love the simplicity, lack of clutter, and color schemes.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
In Crypto We Verify

What this?
snip

or this?

snip

Jump to: