Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 223. (Read 1484189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hey Everyone!

I have sad news. I was scammed. And being naive and not knowing enough played a role at this. Also greed was in this.
There is a user named BobbyL and he also goes by Michail1. He was looking to buy a large quantity of XC. We talked and he agreed to buy everything I had because he was offering me 3.5BTC for 1500 XC. 1500XC was my total amount I had been saving since June. I've been buying a few here and there every week (especially when it was cheap back in June).

He setup a wallet on blockchain.info with a username and password with 3.5 BTC in it. When I logged into the wallet to check, I saw the BTC. I didn't get the private key to transfer funds out. He told me to send him the XC and I will get the private key. Well, I sent the XC, but he never sent anything and changed the password very quickly. This person wont return my emails. His email is [email protected] - He goes by Michail Hoffman.

I lost my life savings. 4 months of saving XC and it's all gone due to greed for some quick turn around cash. I feel bad. If anyone knows how to get my XC back, please help.

Argh. That's awful. So sorry to hear that.

What a bastard.

Next time use an escrow service you trust (localbitcoins.com?) or make the other party take the risk.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hey Everyone!

I have sad news. I was scammed. And being naive and not knowing enough played a role at this. Also greed was in this.
There is a user named BobbyL and he also goes by Michail1. He was looking to buy a large quantity of XC. We talked and he agreed to buy everything I had because he was offering me 3.5BTC for 1500 XC. 1500XC was my total amount I had been saving since June. I've been buying a few here and there every week (especially when it was cheap back in June).

He setup a wallet on blockchain.info with a username and password with 3.5 BTC in it. When I logged into the wallet to check, I saw the BTC. I didn't get the private key to transfer funds out. He told me to send him the XC and I will get the private key. Well, I sent the XC, but he never sent anything and changed the password very quickly. This person wont return my emails. His email is [email protected] - He goes by Michail Hoffman.

I lost my life savings. 4 months of saving XC and it's all gone due to greed for some quick turn around cash. I feel bad. If anyone knows how to get my XC back, please help.

Woah. Sorry, brosef. I'm not savvy enough to help you get your coins back. I hope someone reading this is though.

Anytime someone is willing to offer almost 2x the current market value off exchange, well, you might consider the possibility it might be a scammer.

Best of luck to you, sir.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Hello, someone can tell me where I can download the sources for compile the daemon in Linux ?

Thank you

http://xc-official.com/xc-downloads/

This not the last release though
Activity: 714
Hey Everyone!

Why did you do an off-exchange exchange? You could have seen this coming.

I hope you get your XC back, I can't help you with it though, sorry.
Hey Everyone!

Maybe someone in here can hack them back from him. there should be big nerdy type of guys in here hope someone will pm you if it is possible...anyway wtf dude...why sell yuor xc right now I have even sent you 50 xc as donation as you were struggling with your family prob and everything..
Activity: 509
Hey Everyone!

what is a multibit?
https://multibit.org

It doesn't need to sync the whole blockchain.

XC app will need to download the blockchain for the mesh net correct?
Activity: 924
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but will the mobile wallet need to download the whole blockchain?

Yup.
As I said before but didn't get an answer to, isn't it possible to make a Multibit for XCurrency?

yeah other coins have done so
Activity: 364
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but will the mobile wallet need to download the whole blockchain?

Yup.

Thanks, I thought so. And then they will all be nodes right?

But XChat on its own, will not be a node I presume? So XChat will, in a way, be a form of advertising XC as a payment platform to get more nodes = more decentralised?

Yup.
As I said before but didn't get an answer to, isn't it possible to make a Multibit for XCurrency?
legendary

Yup.
legendary

I think the mobile wallet should have XChat included, but I also think you should be able to download XChat separate from the wallet so that people who don't want the wallet can still be anonymous on the Internet.

Why not keep the wallet section anyway. people dont have to use it, but one day it might come in handy for them and they might go and buy some XC.  Wink

Some people might not want it for some reason and I think XC should respect that.

But that is just my opinion.

I agree completely.

Having a random wallet in a chat app will also be confusing.

But an empty tab or info page with text along the lines of "make payments as privately as you chat: get Xpay/whatever" would mmake a lot of sense.

Then, once the payments app is installed, ideally it would seamlessly integrate into a tab on the XChat app.

Now you put it like that, I completely agree. Also the same with any other future apps that will come out I presume? They could all be extentions of an integrated app.

This would be amazing. Smiley

Ideally, yes. However I'm not sure what the various mobile platforms have the capacity for.
Amazing day for XC today and amazing reads in the thread! who want to test the chat with new wallet release?

I think the mobile wallet should have XChat included, but I also think you should be able to download XChat separate from the wallet so that people who don't want the wallet can still be anonymous on the Internet.

Why not keep the wallet section anyway. people dont have to use it, but one day it might come in handy for them and they might go and buy some XC.  Wink

Some people might not want it for some reason and I think XC should respect that.

I agree completely.

Having a random wallet in a chat app will also be confusing.

But an empty tab or info page with text along the lines of "make payments as privately as you chat: get Xpay/whatever" would mmake a lot of sense.

Then, once the payments app is installed, ideally it would seamlessly integrate into a tab on the XChat app.

Now you put it like that, I completely agree. Also the same with any other future apps that will come out I presume? They could all be extentions of an integrated app.

This would be amazing. Smiley
Activity: 361
Hi guys. Please list XCurrency on the new CoinBlab crypto social network: http://coinblab.com

Here is an example page: http://coinblab.com/page/dogecoin

CoinBlab also has groups, events, blogs, and IM! Create an account and secure your username first.

I checked out coinblab, social network for altcoins.

It Could be good for XC, but maybe another place for others to P&D and FUD.
Activity: 924

True some people might want that, but the wallet function isn't something that is too much of an inconvenience, Its not like download this....but it also has his bad thing but just ignore that, no it's download this for completely anon chat, also you can use it for complete anon currency transfer also, and having it doesn't really change anything

I think if you want XC to be able get on the iOS platform, you might want to separate it out first.    Unless appstore approves the combined app too....   XChat can just be like a Firechat type separate app on launch to get some brand recognition.

yeah very true
Activity: 616

True some people might want that, but the wallet function isn't something that is too much of an inconvenience, Its not like download this....but it also has his bad thing but just ignore that, no it's download this for completely anon chat, also you can use it for complete anon currency transfer also, and having it doesn't really change anything

I think if you want XC to be able get on the iOS platform, you might want to separate it out first.    Unless appstore approves the combined app too....   XChat can just be like a Firechat type separate app on launch to get some brand recognition.

This is a good point. 
Jump to: