Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 225. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
In Crypto We Verify
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
the green could be a little brighter if thats possible branding wise. and the background 1-2% more grey than white but i would have to see it on an actual phone. I can't wait to have this on my phone . thats what i have been waiting for for weeks.  Smiley

That's something I've been thinking about a bit, given that XC's brand has the drawback of coming across as a bit boring and 50-something-ish.

XC's brand has the benefit of being professional, serious, and not being associated with the darkweb. But a little more energy, a little more of an upbeat tone, etc. might help.

Same goes for the press releases and marketing for XChat. It should be more upbeat than core tech-related releases.

I'm guilty of the old man jokes.  Cheesy. You are absolutly right . energy is the perfects word. perhaps a brighter "lifelyer" green plus introducing an additional second complimenting color for some little accentuations. like a nice yellow works well with green. don't know . just suggestions.
anyway the layout and overall approach is an absolute hit.

Ha ha. Perhaps rather than "guilt", the term "credit" should be used. Nothing better than constructive criticism. :-)

If we end up releasing several separate apps into mobile marketplaces, it would make sense to differentiate them brand-wise, since each app would appeal to a different user base and would have a distinct function. So, while they'd all need to share similarities in layout and font choice, different icons and different colours are obvious ways to differentiate them.

would it be difficult to have a theme option in settings and have a few different colour schemes available?

I really liked the old Orange and black colours on that pic thrash made a while back for example.

edit: this -

would be cool if there were the option to change to a few different schemes, these could also be shown on the advertising, making it look more upbeat while the standard colour would be the XC brand green.

e.g - http://cdn.jailbreakmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/Accentify-iphone-5.jpg

maybe this is asking too much i dont know. just an idea.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Boom. Spectacular timing, Dan and Dan!

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I like the UI!  I wouldn't change a thing is how I would vote but let's see what happens...
Activity: 714

It looks crap on screens that aren't retina.

Which means, my screen and a lot of other people to.

Just consider changing it to another font or at least have an option to change it.

My laptop screen size is 1600*900.

I don't have a phone that can download/use apps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_SGH-U700

You do realize they are discussing the mobile wallet app UI, right? 

If your phone can't run apps, why are you even complaining?
I am not complaining, I am just giving feedback on how it looks.

But I guess I shouldn't, because I don't have the correct phone.
Activity: 700
who was looking for a oneplus one phone invite a few weeks ago?, i got 1 but its 24 hour deadline on ordering and don't have the funds to buy in such a short space of time

I would like one but can't buy it now..maybe the guy that will buy it can send me an invite then?

Thx

haha yeah im in same situation can't buy it now, Its got like 23 hours before it expires then you have another 24 hours to place the order if that helps Tongue

i'll just give it to first randomer who wants it if no one can afford it in such a short space of time right now

which version is it? and what if you buy from Europe will you still pay in dollars?

it's the One - 64 GB Sandstone Black . It shows gbp on the website for me cos im in UK, i'm guessing its most likely local currency of country of purchase

ok so what is the price? I might buy it and then resell it on amazon Smiley

269 gbp

Ok send me the Invite if you still have it I will give you my email on PM
I don't like the font to be honest, it is too small.

I mean the letters are too slim.

Ultra-thin fonts are the trend these days. They're seen as elegant.

Previously they weren't employed because lower screen resolutions make then look pixelated.

The advent of retina screens and HD smartphones have changed all that, fortunately. :-)

Yes, for example I'm testing the UI on a G3. Here is the 'full' res:

https://i.imgur.com/fbtBkjt.png

Also, I will mess around with the fonts and around Wednesday present some alt ideas to the community. However, I personally like the thin fonts but I'm happy to change the font itself and caps.

It looks much better in this pic. I like. Good work.  Smiley

Yes it does but I did just notice that the arrows look weird; a small bug in the old images which this one happens to be.

I like the idea mentioned earlier about green and red arrows for incoming and outgoing transactions.

The arrows looks perfect on my phone but I think a differentiation between incoming and sending arrows as well as incoming and sending text messages can break the fact that they all look grey. There is a bit to much grey in it at the moment for me. But it looks phenomenal already on the phone. I would add the differentiating colors for the arrows/messages and maybe do the separations lines in green or black to add more variation in the UI
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

Just consider changing it to another font or at least have an option to change it.

Don't try to Understand the Goat!!!! ahahaha

I reckon Smiley

Activity: 924
who was looking for a oneplus one phone invite a few weeks ago?, i got 1 but its 24 hour deadline on ordering and don't have the funds to buy in such a short space of time

I would like one but can't buy it now..maybe the guy that will buy it can send me an invite then?

Thx

haha yeah im in same situation can't buy it now, Its got like 23 hours before it expires then you have another 24 hours to place the order if that helps Tongue

i'll just give it to first randomer who wants it if no one can afford it in such a short space of time right now

which version is it? and what if you buy from Europe will you still pay in dollars?

it's the One - 64 GB Sandstone Black . It shows gbp on the website for me cos im in UK, i'm guessing its most likely local currency of country of purchase

269 gbp

Don't try to Understand the Goat!!!! ahahaha
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
the green could be a little brighter if thats possible branding wise. and the background 1-2% more grey than white but i would have to see it on an actual phone. I can't wait to have this on my phone . thats what i have been waiting for for weeks.  Smiley

That's something I've been thinking about a bit, given that XC's brand has the drawback of coming across as a bit boring and 50-something-ish.

XC's brand has the benefit of being professional, serious, and not being associated with the darkweb. But a little more energy, a little more of an upbeat tone, etc. might help.

Same goes for the press releases and marketing for XChat. It should be more upbeat than core tech-related releases.

I'm guilty of the old man jokes.  Cheesy. You are absolutly right . energy is the perfects word. perhaps a brighter "lifelyer" green plus introducing an additional second complimenting color for some little accentuations. like a nice yellow works well with green. don't know . just suggestions.

Ha ha. Perhaps rather than "guilt", the term "credit" should be used. Nothing better than constructive criticism. :-)

If we end up releasing several separate apps into mobile marketplaces, it would make sense to differentiate them brand-wise, since each app would appeal to a different user base and would have a distinct function. So, while they'd all need to share similarities in layout and font choice, different icons and different colours are obvious ways to differentiate them.

UI link looks great on a phone I have to say Smiley

Teka can you try to change the color of the separation lines in black instead of Grey?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Previously they weren't employed because lower screen resolutions make then look pixelated.

The advent of retina screens and HD smartphones have changed all that, fortunately. :-)

Yes, for example I'm testing the UI on a G3. Here is the 'full' res:

https://i.imgur.com/fbtBkjt.png

Also, I will mess around with the fonts and around Wednesday present some alt ideas to the community. However, I personally like the thin fonts but I'm happy to change the font itself and caps.

It looks much better in this pic. I like. Good work.  Smiley

Yes it does but I did just notice that the arrows look weird; a small bug in the old images which this one happens to be.

I like the idea mentioned earlier about green and red arrows for incoming and outgoing transactions.

Thx

Activity: 882

Activity: 714

What's your screen resolution?

More relevantly, what's the resolution of your phone's screen?

Regardless of how it looks on any given device, it's a good idea to stick to design trends when you're a new brand entering the market. We need to look current.

i think it looks dope and the font shouldn't be a problem on non retina screens. teka can you create this actual phone preview? I know i'm asking alot. getting excited here.

Sure, might come in a few hours though.

Teka I just jizzed on the UI preview Smiley however I would change the Font of the Green wallet balance to something more rounded it looks a bit too squared for me if you know what I mean. Squared charecter make it a feel a bit cold.. it might be optimal having a more warmer sensation when looking at it so that people can feel more involved in it when looking at it.
Jump to: