Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 345. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Morning Arlyn!

There where new comers in the thread where not sure if the coinjoin killer was already implemented or not.

Could you please clarify it is? Thx Wink
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Let's start today with a little kicker:

Bitcoinmagazine coverage on the Xmixer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Left my 1001 XC (4x 250) mixer overnight. Latest version.
This must be my first mixing:

[img snip]

But I'm still confused. All I got is a -0.00001 fee. No gains...

A stream of questions keep comin'
1. Am I doing something wrong here?
2. Is all going as it should, or...still some bugs, malfunctions in this module?
3. What are ultimate expected gains from mixing? Are there enough incentives in doing this?

1000XC Xnode minting would gain me 33 new XC's in a year, right? or an average +0.09 XC a day, right?
Can i expect to gain more, if left those 1000XC in XMixer mode?  How much more?   Even very approximately.

If the potential in mixing mode is clearly more then 3.3% /yr, I would be willing to break my whole bag into numerous 1000XC part, put a multiple Xmixers on a various PC, various IP's etc, what ever is need. But ... do i get enough reasons to do this?

I think the fee might be a bug a small handful of users are experiencing. Dan a few pages back was asking for anyone who incurred a fee like you have to PM him the transaction ID# so that he may look into it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8850235
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Left my 1001 XC (4x 250) mixer overnight. Latest version.
This must be my first mixing:

But I'm still confused. All I got is a -0.00001 fee. No gains...

A stream of questions keep comin'
1. Am I doing something wrong here?
2. Is all going as it should, or...still some bugs, malfunctions in this module?
3. What are ultimate expected gains from mixing? Are there enough incentives in doing this?

1000XC Xnode minting would gain me 33 new XC's in a year, right? or an average +0.09 XC a day, right?
Can i expect to gain more, if left those 1000XC in XMixer mode?  How much more?   Even very approximately.

If the potential in mixing mode is clearly more then 3.3% /yr, I would be willing to break my whole bag into numerous 1000XC part, put a multiple Xmixers on a various PC, various IP's etc, what ever is need. But ... do i get enough reasons to do this?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
moved my 2 r9 290's to the multipool, and i have to say, its the best pool i have ever used

Yeah, I never said it, but thanks boss, the new pool is 100% awesome.
Activity: 192
guys, i re-downloaded, restarted the xc mac wallet. why is it still stuck at block 124722 Sad any help on this one?

I had to do the same today too on a new wallet.   It took me a few times of restarting too.   It was also crashing out a too, but I got it all downloaded after a while.   Did you try restarting the wallet?

the newest version of the MAC wallet is on the xc website right? i restarted alot of times, and even re-downloaded it but it is still stuck on that block Sad any help would be appreciated!

Battbot suggested this to me last week and it fixed the problem.

You can try this:

Close your wallet. Delete everything but wallet.dat in your user/library/application support/xcurrency folder.  Reopen the wallet.  It will have to re-sync the entire chain, but it should fix any stuck syncing issues.

it is syncing right now from the beginning, is it normal that my balance is still 0?

Yes, that's normal.  Once it's done syncing, you may have to type "repairwallet" in console if it's not displaying the correct balance.

Will do. Thanks guys for the help! Much love!

No problem, make sure you're backing up your wallet.dat file just in case you run into problems in the future. Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
moved my 2 r9 290's to the multipool, and i have to say, its the best pool i have ever used
Activity: 686
guys, i re-downloaded, restarted the xc mac wallet. why is it still stuck at block 124722 Sad any help on this one?

I had to do the same today too on a new wallet.   It took me a few times of restarting too.   It was also crashing out a too, but I got it all downloaded after a while.   Did you try restarting the wallet?

the newest version of the MAC wallet is on the xc website right? i restarted alot of times, and even re-downloaded it but it is still stuck on that block Sad any help would be appreciated!

You can try this:

Close your wallet. Delete everything but wallet.dat in your user/library/application support/xcurrency folder.  Reopen the wallet.  It will have to re-sync the entire chain, but it should fix any stuck syncing issues.

it is syncing right now from the beginning, is it normal that my balance is still 0?

Yes, that's normal.  Once it's done syncing, you may have to type "repairwallet" in console if it's not displaying the correct balance.

Will do. Thanks guys for the help! Much love!
Activity: 308

You can try this:

I thought ATCsecure said that MAC wallet wouldn't be out till this coming weekend.. Im almost positive thats what he said.

atcsecure meant the new (final rev2) mac wallet.  These people are talking about issues with the current mac wallet.
Activity: 308

You can try this:

Yes, that's normal.  Once it's done syncing, you may have to type "repairwallet" in console if it's not displaying the correct balance.

You can try this:

Activity: 462

You can try this:

I thought ATCsecure said that MAC wallet wouldn't be out till this coming weekend.. Im almost positive thats what he said.
Activity: 192

You can try this:

Activity: 322

Activity: 196
This coinjoin killer, was it an announcement that it is going to be developed (meaning it will take a few weeks before we can see it in action), or has it been finished? If finished, can I try it already? It's a bit unclear, can someone please clarify?

Yea its finished I believe a 2nd RC has even been pushed out since... just scour back a few pages for the download link
So are people trying it/testing it? Is there a place where I can read test reports, and where people can post issues if necessary (or provide feedback)? I just checked out xctalk.com, but there is not that much activity. I need something like this to get a feel for how good the system works. Right now, it feels a bit like investing in the dark, which is fine for a smaller coin, but market cap of XC is quite high already so it needs more justification for a big investment. I put in 5 BTC this afternoon, but I need some more feel for the general consensus to be able to put in more money.

It is included in the final REV 2 release. I'm not entirely sure if you can even test it, but it is definitely in the coding and will be confirmed in the final code review probably close to the REV 3 release.

and as others have said, more info should be released about it
Activity: 196
I don't have much faith other than in a few established alt coins (BC, NXT, etc), but I've taken a liking to what I've seen here and bought some XC.
Activity: 616
The "coinjoin killer" was released in the Final REV2.  I believe it was the implementation of ad hoc mesh networks (in combination with already implemented trustless & multipath technology) that XC has deemed the "coinjoin killer."  

I also believe more detailed information on how the technology works will be revealed tomorrow, in conjunction with the Mintpal V2 release.
Activity: 530
Jump to: