Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 355. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
What port does the wallet need to operate? I mean just have connections to the XC network, because I think my school has the port blocked that it needs.
Activity: 714
Some people just sold quite a lot of XC for some reason.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Synechist...since you are here... any Idea when we will be able to set up a mixer through tor stick?

You can expect versions of the Xmixer to proliferate in the coming days. The TOR Stick will probably come after the Linux one.

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Is there a complete guide for newbs including how to open your port, how to initiate a private transaction etc?

Any plans to switch to DPOS? What is ETA for the mobile app with staking and mesh networking implemented?

Great job so far. A review from Vitalik would be nice Cheesy since bitcoinmagazine is aware of us. Or any other crypto big shot.
legendary
Activity: 700
Synechist...since you are here... any Idea when we will be able to set up a mixer through tor stick?
Activity: 518
When is mintpal 2.0 launching mate?
legendary
Wanna welcome all the new members of the community and thank them for all the positive comments. Its great to see all the constructive discussion in here.

+1. I love a probing question.

legendary
Synechist what about the press releases that were supposed to be out yesterday with the launches are they going to be today?

Can you share which big media will cover it?

ehehehe

Hehe...

That'll stay a mystery until the news site releases it. ;-)

As for the paid PR (generously funded by Pratico), it's going out to coincide with the Mintpal 2.0 launch.

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/194-finalised-rev-2-privacy-technology/#entry1217

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Wanna welcome all the new members of the community and thank them for all the positive comments. Its great to see all the constructive discussion in here.
Synechist what about the press releases that were supposed to be out yesterday with the launches are they going to be today?

Can you share which big media will cover it?

ehehehe
legendary
legendary
I am wondering if this is a way to tell if you have -distmix-autonode working? Minting weight is 1.

Nope don't think so.. You will need to have the wallet fully unlocked as well.

You'll know it's working when your balance starts going up. :-)

On a more serious note though, we'll build in confirmation of this soon. The UI is next on our timeline...

You may still need to have your wallet fully unlocked. If so, this won't be the case for long. I'm awaiting confirmation on this btw.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
In Crypto We Verify
I am wondering if this is a way to tell if you have -distmix-autonode working? Minting weight is 1.

Yeah it is unlocked and not just for staking I just double checked to be sure. The weight is now 151 after reloading the wallet guess it was actually just 1.

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
In Crypto We Verify

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Bumping this:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8831130

Go there and give it a plus one to pile on to get bitcoinwisdom to add bittrex to their xc stats.

Adrressing Gumpty and TingCoin questions:

from this link:

http://xc-official.com/introducing-the-xmixer-earn-revenue-with-xcurrency%E2%80%99s-trustless-mixing.html

Expanding XC’s capacity

The trustless multipath mixing of Rev 2 was successfully implemented on 7 July, but in order for it to scale to handle mainstream adoption, decentralised exchange, and a host of blockchain 2.0 apps, it will require massive capacity. However, since mixing can only be between nodes that are currently making private payments, this gives rise to two underlying scenarios that could limit this capacity:

1.      There might not be enough nodes making private payments at a given time, causing transactions to wait or be cancelled.

2.      Even though there may be enough nodes making private payments, their combined balances might not be sufficient to support forwarding all the fragments of a very large transaction.

To remove this limitation, henceforth XC apps will have a new feature, the Xmixer, which has the capacity to forward transactions even when their users aren’t making payments. Xmixers will make use of the same protocol as Privacy Mode, except that they will collect portions of transaction fees as remuneration. In order to take advantage of this, a user would simply create a dedicated wallet from which to run an Xmixer. Then, to ensure that Xmixers contain enough coins to reliably sustain sufficient transaction volume, a minimum of 1000 XC must be paid into it.

Look at the bolded part.

For what I understand all wallet are potentially nodes that mix transactions. when one node/wallet is attempting a private transaction it will connect with all the nodes that are online currently making private payments creating a mesh mixer that will mix that transaction.

For this reason in order to scale and manage large volume of transactions there is the need for Nodes/wallet that will need to stay ALWAYS on line to be available as mixers for private transactions. Those nodes are on top of the first layer and will be rewarded.

I think that I got it correctly Sinechist correctly if I am wrong.

Spot on Cryptico.

Congrats on becoming a full member btw. :-)

Indeed! Thank you Sir! I turned a bit red for having confirmation of being spot on... my ego is through the roof now ahaha
legendary

from this link:

http://xc-official.com/introducing-the-xmixer-earn-revenue-with-xcurrency%E2%80%99s-trustless-mixing.html

Expanding XC’s capacity

The trustless multipath mixing of Rev 2 was successfully implemented on 7 July, but in order for it to scale to handle mainstream adoption, decentralised exchange, and a host of blockchain 2.0 apps, it will require massive capacity. However, since mixing can only be between nodes that are currently making private payments, this gives rise to two underlying scenarios that could limit this capacity:

1.      There might not be enough nodes making private payments at a given time, causing transactions to wait or be cancelled.

2.      Even though there may be enough nodes making private payments, their combined balances might not be sufficient to support forwarding all the fragments of a very large transaction.

To remove this limitation, henceforth XC apps will have a new feature, the Xmixer, which has the capacity to forward transactions even when their users aren’t making payments. Xmixers will make use of the same protocol as Privacy Mode, except that they will collect portions of transaction fees as remuneration. In order to take advantage of this, a user would simply create a dedicated wallet from which to run an Xmixer. Then, to ensure that Xmixers contain enough coins to reliably sustain sufficient transaction volume, a minimum of 1000 XC must be paid into it.

Look at the bolded part.

For what I understand all wallet are potentially nodes that mix transactions. when one node/wallet is attempting a private transaction it will connect with all the nodes that are online currently making private payments creating a mesh mixer that will mix that transaction.

For this reason in order to scale and manage large volume of transactions there is the need for Nodes/wallet that will need to stay ALWAYS on line to be available as mixers for private transactions. Those nodes are on top of the first layer and will be rewarded.

I think that I got it correctly Sinechist correctly if I am wrong.

Spot on Cryptico.

Congrats on becoming a full member btw. :-)

from this link:

Expanding XC’s capacity

Look at the bolded part.

For what I understand all wallets are potentially nodes that mix transactions. when one node/wallet is attempting a private transaction it will connect with all the nodes that are online currently making private payments creating a mesh mixer that will mix that transaction.

For this reason in order to scale and manage large volume of transactions there is the need for Nodes/wallets that will need to stay ALWAYS on line to be available as mixers for private transactions. Those nodes are on top of the first layer and will be rewarded.

I think that I got it correctly Synechist correct me if I am wrong.
Jump to: