Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 448. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I mean it's a bit tilting to know about the main dev whereabouts by a competing team.

People have been saying that news where getting slower and what not and 3 hours later, key team says that Dan is working on their stuff :/

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Well, I was going to go to bed early but ok... I'll stay awake.
Activity: 518

Oh, and there'll be some big news about Rev 2 a little later today...

How BIG?  Wink

Is there a big update coming out about this coin? Ive read in other threads that there is some news people should be aware of with XC???

Yes, big news coming later it seems. Could well be the start of a number of updates as there are lots of things going on here at the moment.
From twitter :

KEY team has hired developer Dan Metcalf of XC for the ongoing Dev of our KEY OS. We're looking forward to more innovation! Thanks Dan!

wtf :/

Dan knows what he is doing.. XC is his baby... Key probably want some services that Dan can provide... Just like any other transaction.. And Dan needs to feed his family too... He is not going to be giving them XC latest tech....  While people are willing to look at inferior coins that will die.... Dan should take their cash.... XC is going to dominate.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

How BIG?  Wink

Is there a big update coming out about this coin? Ive read in other threads that there is some news people should be aware of with XC???
Activity: 714

Can it be now? I have to go to bed soon for school.
Activity: 324
From twitter :

KEY team has hired developer Dan Metcalf of XC for the ongoing Dev of our KEY OS. We're looking forward to more innovation! Thanks Dan!

wtf :/
Activity: 392

And there is some other news in the pipeline as well, we are currently testing the mobile app, with XChat, XNode and staking.  Its not quite ready yet but stay tuned!!
wow this is great news Smiley
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

And there is some other news in the pipeline as well, we are currently testing the mobile app, with XChat, XNode and staking.  Its not quite ready yet but stay tuned!!

Ok this ^ is awesome news! Thanks Dan!
Activity: 661
Oh my god Dan ! There is too much good news in only on line spread them !
I read this line at least 5 times before breathing ...
Activity: 756

And there is some other news in the pipeline as well, we are currently testing the mobile app, with XChat, XNode and staking.  Its not quite ready yet but stay tuned!!
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
I'm struggling to understand the Transaction process described in the OP with the reintroduction to the 550 XC minimum limit for mixers. More specifically step 7) "Nodes mix and forward fragments from different addresses to the ones they receive fragments  on.", but I thought that Mixers and Nodes were two different things? All wallets are nodes but only wallets/addresses with 550+ XC can be mixers and you have to enable a setting for this? Somewhat like a Darkcoin Masternode?

I would love some clarification on the difference between a Darkcoin Masternode and a XC mixer, also why dedicated mixers and their limits are even needed as opposed to all wallets with XC in it could function as mixers?

Does XChat run through Mixers?

Just to clarify I'm not trying to cause FUD, I still hold and stake my over-exposed position in XC. I just wan't to understand the more technical aspect of how XC is anon compared to our friendly alternatives.

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

We'll explain how XC mixers work pretty shortly, but here's a brief synopsis for now.

- They're not like masternodes.
- They're pretty much a way to ensure XC apps are present to forward/mix transactions even when there aren't enough nodes actually making payments at a given point in time.
- So it's still the case that all XC nodes forward/mix transactions.
- That is, any node will participate in forwarding/mixing when its user makes a payment.
- But in addition, nodes with an appropriate balance lend a hand to transactions to bolster privacy (say, whenever lots of fragments are required, or for some other situations).
- Nodes that do this earn a transaction fee.

Oh, XChat uses XC's equivalent of Bitcoin's broadcasting system (i.e. is true P2P and is encrypted). It does not use the blockchain. Therefore mixing/forwarding is not necessary, since no addresses are stored publicly and since only the receiving node can decrypt the message.

Thank you Synechist, I think I get the difference based on that description! Smiley So the network is still very much decentralized it is just a safeguard function until the network get's more traffic.
Is there any plans to incentive traffic in this early age, would you recon it is needed?

My guess is that the only incentive XC will ever need to provide is XC mobile apps.

On the other hand, it's a little hard to predict how people will use XC when decentralised exchanges and smart contracts are implemented. I mean, bots can do a lot of trades! And there's no saying what a contract may stipulate. Since the idea is for the sky to be the limit, it's a pretty good idea to have Xnodes available to forward transactions trustlessly even if their users aren't personally making payments.

Cool, thanks for taking the time to address my questions.
Activity: 322
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
I'm struggling to understand the Transaction process described in the OP with the reintroduction to the 550 XC minimum limit for mixers. More specifically step 7) "Nodes mix and forward fragments from different addresses to the ones they receive fragments  on.", but I thought that Mixers and Nodes were two different things? All wallets are nodes but only wallets/addresses with 550+ XC can be mixers and you have to enable a setting for this? Somewhat like a Darkcoin Masternode?

I would love some clarification on the difference between a Darkcoin Masternode and a XC mixer, also why dedicated mixers and their limits are even needed as opposed to all wallets with XC in it could function as mixers?

Just to clarify I'm not trying to cause FUD, I still hold and stake my over-exposed position in XC. I just wan't to understand the more technical aspect of how XC is anon compared to our friendly alternatives.

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

We'll explain how XC mixers work pretty shortly, but here's a brief synopsis for now.

- They're pretty much a way to ensure XC apps are present to forward/mix transactions even when there aren't enough nodes actually making payments at a given point in time.
- That is, any node will participate in forwarding/mixing when its user makes a payment.
- But in addition, nodes with an appropriate balance lend a hand to transactions to bolster privacy (say, whenever lots of fragments are required, or for some other situations).

Oh, XChat uses XC's equivalent of Bitcoin's broadcasting system (i.e. is true P2P and is encrypted). It does not use the blockchain. Therefore mixing/forwarding is not necessary, since no addresses are stored publicly and since only the receiving node can decrypt the message.

Thank you Synechist, I think I get the difference based on that description! Smiley So the network is still very much decentralized it is just a safeguard function until the network get's more traffic.
Is there any plans to incentive traffic in this early age, would you recon it is needed?

My guess is that the only incentive XC will ever need to provide is XC mobile apps.

On the other hand, it's a little hard to predict how people will use XC when decentralised exchanges and smart contracts are implemented. I mean, bots can do a lot of trades! And there's no saying what a contract may stipulate. Since the idea is for the sky to be the limit, it's a pretty good idea to have Xnodes available to forward transactions trustlessly even if their users aren't personally making payments.

Activity: 322

How BIG?  Wink
Activity: 178
Merit: 100

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

AND I WAS GOING TO GET AN EARLY ONE TONIGHT!!!

AARGHHHHHH

The king of tease is stepping out Wink
Activity: 341

I see what you did there. Big and little in the same sentence.  Grin
Activity: 462

Shocked
Jump to: