Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 452. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Interestingly... even this super long public key one works for XChat...  so maybe you don't even need to recompile your own to support compressed address as long as you use -X 75 for vanitygen.

Address: XXXXXAY4bnJHvSxPeLRqgEY6NVSbAmFHiF
Public key: PBsmxdLALxF8pMhBufpN8xHL57PB7NPeto78ZVPoATGwtNuLt99gyp7NLLBUXKnbr6e3RE7mKfJqhjz 8ZMryN1yh
that is really strange...
mine didn't work Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Morning guys!

Summer is over and i hope this quiet will be over soon! Smiley
Maybe we shall see some movement among the markets...

Good morning!

For sure, in summer time everything takes longer. Now the summer is over. There will be more activity for sure!
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
New Beginning!
Morning guys!

Summer is over and i hope this quiet will be over soon! Smiley
Maybe we shall see some movement among the markets...
Activity: 322
Interestingly... even this super long public key one works for XChat...  so maybe you don't even need to recompile your own to support compressed address as long as you use -X 75 for vanitygen.

Address: XXXXXAY4bnJHvSxPeLRqgEY6NVSbAmFHiF
Public key: PBsmxdLALxF8pMhBufpN8xHL57PB7NPeto78ZVPoATGwtNuLt99gyp7NLLBUXKnbr6e3RE7mKfJqhjz 8ZMryN1yh
Activity: 121
If BTC-e wants to get extremely popular, they should refund his losses or at least partially, that would probably help them more in the long run than this.

But its not their fault and it sets a precedence. They will be flooded with requests from other bot traders.

+1

don't use a bot if you don't know how to use it or if it's not well tested.
if you bought a bot that is doing this, blame yourself, it's your fault that you trusted the seller Smiley
i lol'd when i saw this ...bots should be illegal. they are used to manipulate charts and investor interest. whoever lost out on this deserves it. and he should be the one recouping anyone's losses as far as i am concerned. been following pump and dumpers twitter accounts this weekend and know that they are using bots to manufature volume before they rally their pumps. even with the low activity today, it was amazing to me how much effort they put into it. it is really disgusting. not that these guys toy with btc ...but still.
Activity: 324
If BTC-e wants to get extremely popular, they should refund his losses or at least partially, that would probably help them more in the long run than this.

But its not their fault and it sets a precedence. They will be flooded with requests from other bot traders.

+1

don't use a bot if you don't know how to use it or if it's not well tested.
if you bought a bot that is doing this, blame yourself, it's your fault that you trusted the seller Smiley
I've used the vanitygen many times with other coins...
but this time it conflicts with the public key...

I guess we could use cryptogretsky's way with the paper wallet gen.

Actually....   This works...

vanitygen -X 75 XChat

and it's blazing fast even without using the opencl version since it doesn't work for me (R9 290)

yeah, of course it's fast...
I generated my xchat adress this way,
but when I imported this adres in my wallet and I asked my public key it gave me a public key witch was very long

it was even you cryptogretzky who said it didn't work Wink
I would like to test something...

I made myself a vanity adress for xchat
would someone please try to contact me over xchat?

adress: XCHATsLztdvJxb2BkrgVuoq7uoC73u6ghj
pubkey: Ro4rYufnJy7RYFnuJBaD1iz5Rrr8o77fyKbcnkAbqC57JCS148WVMabshBjHd1JsZGoJ2JZtj6LYtfP e8bavoY51

(I've noticed that my pub key is really long, that's why I want to test this)

If it works I'll explain it in a tutorial

Said Invalid destination public key

I do remember that test.  Didn't know you use vanitygen before.    The public key is extremely long too for me when I import the uncompressed private key.     When I import the compressed private key though, the public key I get back is normal....     of course that defeat the purpose of the vanity address since the search is based on uncompressed address.   So... ultimately, will need to modify the vanitygen to make it search based on compressed address instead of uncompressed address.

eg. make the following changes in pattern.c

len = EC_POINT_point2oct(pgroup,
             pubkey,
             POINT_CONVERSION_UNCOMPRESSED,
             eckey_buf,
             sizeof(eckey_buf),
             vxcp->vxc_bnctx);

to make it use POINT_CONVERSION_COMPRESSED instead.

Now... if only I can compile it....  

Ok, I FINALLY got the vanitygen to compile and it also generated compressed address that you can get valid public key out of from the wallet... it's not really for the faint of heart to get it to compile properly on Windows....  total pain in the butt.   If someone needs to know how to compile it, I will see if I can reproduce the steps I took to get it to compile (most of the hassle was getting all the libraries that it needed to work)

Anyway, a few changes are needed to make it generate compressed address.   Luckily, I found a fork of the vanitygen that already has the compressed address changes that is needed.

The location of the github is here:

https://github.com/WyseNynja/vanitygen

To make it generate valid XC address using this, you will need to use the following command:

Code:
vanitygen -X 75 -F compressed Xwhatever

I didn't have a chance to compile oclvanitygen to test to see if it works since it won't really run with 13.xx drivers with my R9.   You might have better luck than me....

Please note that XC address is base58 encoded so you can't have O (capital O), I (capital i), 0 (zero), l (lowercase L) in your pattern.
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
we need rev2 final released or we going back to 110k

I'm getting real tired of the whining about the price/volume from some folks in this thread. We have a Price Speculation Topic on the official forum if you must whine.

It's especially annoying if the whining is unsubstantiated. Have you looked at the charts? There's nothing to indicate that the price is headed to that level. REV2 will come when it's ready and not a second sooner.

This! You can find the PST in my sig people, as well as a newb friendly coin control guide!

Altcoins scene is really scary right now, and bitcoin is going through a weird phase, xc is our beacon through this mud!
Activity: 462

I'm getting real tired of the whining about the price/volume from some folks in this thread. We have a Price Speculation Topic on the official forum if you must whine.

It's especially annoying if the whining is unsubstantiated. Have you looked at the charts? There's nothing to indicate that the price is headed to that level. REV2 will come when it's ready and not a second sooner.
Activity: 364

BTC is going down so alts are taking a hit too. Time to buy more, rev 2 will be finished soon.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500

110k, i'm buying more.
Activity: 150

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

It's just a noob bot, making ultra-fast noob mistakes - you can see your first year's trading telescoped into a few minutes.

Like they say computers make mistakes like humans do, just faster... so fast you cant see it lol.
Activity: 882

Its not btc-e's fault if someone screws up with his bots.
Activity: 196

It's just a noob bot, making ultra-fast noob mistakes - you can see your first year's trading telescoped into a few minutes.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Unless this is the bot that has been keeping the price of btc down. Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

I read about it, this morning and its quite interesting. I bet the admins of btc-e are having a great time today unlike the owner.
Jump to: