Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 528. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
https://www.facebook.com/jamie.redman.374/posts/1456311001299910?comment_id=1456449717952705&offset=0&total_comments=12¬if_t=feed_comment_reply

DRK people are trying to make Kristov thinks that XC still cost 550 XC to setup an XNode.   Can't respond on that thread, but the team needs to clear up this misperception some how.

Just message him.  It doesn't look like an attempt to intentionally mislead him...

Yea, no one was intentionally trying to mislead him.  In any case, I sent him a PM on facebook with accurate information.

Thanks, MemoryShock and Battbot! 
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
https://www.facebook.com/jamie.redman.374/posts/1456311001299910?comment_id=1456449717952705&offset=0&total_comments=12¬if_t=feed_comment_reply

DRK people are trying to make Kristov thinks that XC still cost 550 XC to setup an XNode.   Can't respond on that thread, but the team needs to clear up this misperception some how.

Just message him.  It doesn't look like an attempt to intentionally mislead him...

Yea, no one was intentionally trying to mislead him.  In any case, I sent him a PM on facebook with accurate information.
Activity: 728

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

***The XC Daily Update***

- A Rev 2 update is around the corner. (It's one on trustless mixing.)

- XC was added to reviews site CoinGorilla.com. We need 20 reviews or so before XC looks legit. Go for it!

- A belated but exciting update to XC on CoinsSource.com is underway! (Thanks SushiChef for placing that particular ball at the top of a nice hill for it to roll down.)

- Something exciting and publicity-related happened today, but I can't disclose it yet.

WOOOO, WAIT.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
My advice on trading crypto in general when prices are going down. Never failed me. Thought you guys would like this.

I thought that the whole idea of crypto was to demolish the bank cartel cancer that barons like this rotten person gave us "for free".

Fucks like this fat ball have quotes like: Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws

We don't fight for control, do we?

I like the sound of crypto baron. Suits me just fine. lol
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
My advice on trading crypto in general when prices are going down. Never failed me. Thought you guys would like this.

I thought that the whole idea of crypto was to demolish the bank cartel cancer that barons like this rotten person gave us "for free".

Fucks like this fat ball have quotes like: Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws

We don't fight for control, do we?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

And AFAIK most of the people that respect their own privacy are still on OS X, not Windows users.

I know off topic but how do you figure that is the case ?  I bet I am more secure in my linux, and windows systems then being on a mac.  Feel free to take it to PM but I just had to point out this statement as untrue.

There is no Linux XChat version except Ubuntu, which is an ugly interpretation of Linux. It's pretty clear that OS X is not as secure as Linux. And it's pretty clear for any SA knows that Linux is not as secure as BSD. But that's the current situation.

what about the bootable (or installable?) TAILS .ISO which has the latest xchat packaged with it?

Haven't tested TAILS ISO, but I will today. Although Ubuntu is infamous for its resemblance with Windows (any possible daemon (service in the context of Windows) is installed and started by default), I am pretty sure that Dan has taken care of all these issues.
Ubuntu is a massive corporate project which cannot be trusted anymore, that's my concern.
Activity: 150

I don't get the decentralized things, can somebody explain to me what that means?

Basically no single person controls it and/or no single server stores all of the data.
Can you name a coin that doesn't have that? So that is controlled by one single person?

VeriCoin, controled by 3 person actually.
Activity: 714
Is anybody going to develop a site where you can buy XC with fiat and sell for fiat?

You can buy and sell XC here https://www.litebit.eu/coin/xc/nl/

I know, but the price is way more than when I buy Bitcoins with fiat money and then exchange them to XC or if I want to sell them, the other way around.

That's true. They charge you some. I would also buy btc with fiat and then get it to an exchange to buy other coins.
That is why I think there should be a site that doesn't sell you them overpriced.

Well they have to make a living I guess  Cheesy

Alas, you'll all just have to wait for XC's decentralised exchange. ;-)

I don't get the decentralized things, can somebody explain to me what that means?

Basically no single person controls it and/or no single server stores all of the data.
Can you name a coin that doesn't have that? So that is controlled by one single person?
Activity: 364
And AFAIK most of the people that respect their own privacy are still on OS X, not Windows users.

I know off topic but how do you figure that is the case ?  I bet I am more secure in my linux, and windows systems then being on a mac.  Feel free to take it to PM but I just had to point out this statement as untrue.

There is no Linux XChat version except Ubuntu, which is an ugly interpretation of Linux. It's pretty clear that OS X is not as secure as Linux. And it's pretty clear for any SA knows that Linux is not as secure as BSD. But that's the current situation.

what about the bootable (or installable?) TAILS .ISO which has the latest xchat packaged with it?
Activity: 364

- XC was added to reviews site CoinGorilla.com. We need 20 reviews or so before XC looks legit. Go for it!

- A belated but exciting update to XC on CoinsSource.com is underway! (Thanks SushiChef for placing that particular ball at the top of a nice hill for it to roll down.)

- Something exciting and publicity-related happened today, but I can't disclose it yet.

Sorry for the dull question, but which part of the update is due to the team? (All of the above facts express public's reactions, not the team's progress.)

Well, Dan's been working on the Rev 2 update today, and I've been working on the other stuff (except for the last item, which simply happened).

I will exclusively be working on the GUI this week.

How are you getting along with this Teka?

This is one of the things I am looking forward to the most as hopefully it will mean ease of use and I can start getting family & friends on xchat and send 'em some coins.

any chance of a sneak peek?  Grin
Activity: 308

Sorry for the dull question, but which part of the update is due to the team? (All of the above facts express public's reactions, not the team's progress.)

Well, Dan's been working on the Rev 2 update today, and I've been working on the other stuff (except for the last item, which simply happened).

Please, release a bug-free OS X XChat version. XChat is a huge step! And AFAIK most of the people that respect their own privacy are still on OS X, not Windows users.

Besides the minor bugs - thank you - great team, great results!

I respect my privacy and I use all platforms... (Windows, OSX, Linux)...  just saying.   Also, use lots of VM.   You can never have enough VMs.
Activity: 462
Please, release a bug-free OS X XChat version. XChat is a huge step! And AFAIK most of the people that respect their own privacy are still on OS X, not Windows users.

+1

I'd really love to be able to use XChat on my Mac.

Synechist did mention a while back that Dan was aware of the bug and working on it.
Activity: 339

I know off topic but how do you figure that is the case ?  I bet I am more secure in my linux, and windows systems then being on a mac.  Feel free to take it to PM but I just had to point out this statement as untrue.

Jump to: