Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 576. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Good to see you over hear mate  Cheesy

Lol - working on it.  I actually had a little bit of an idea (weighing my options with our bet ... still working on funding.  Stupid Coinbase)

Anyway.  I was thinking a little about Ethereum.  I know a lot of people think it's a scam or whatever.  Which is fine - but one of the things I feel like they nailed with their coin is that they are using it to pay miners fees for running the touring complete script.  I also feel like MaidSafe is doing it correctly with their Proof of Resource by paying people to turn over their bandwidth / whatever.  The coin is tied to the utility being provided.

I'm NOT advertising other coins.  I don't own any maidsafe or ethereum.  Nor am I convinced they are good places to put money.

But understanding the XC is really two different things.  1 - A privacy platform that works off nodes/wallets.  2 - A currency (that works inside the nodes).  Wouldn't it make more sense to do a PoPN - or Proof of Privacy Node?

Basically I see the value of XC (assuming it's the best anon) - the value is coming from the nodes.  Not the people who hold the most coins (which really isn't even necessary for the privacy to work).  Also wouldn't it make sense to charge something for messages / skype calls / whatever that the nodes that are privatizing these things "harvest / mine"?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I don't believe it...sounds like a load of shit to me.

undervalued or perhaps just no one wants to buy it? Anyway - I thought it was a scam that collapsed in February. Is this the same people or just the same name? Whatever. I find some of the claims ridiculous. e.g. is Apple really going to pass an iOS version of the apparently just cobbled together "shadow coin" wallet from an anonymous developer when it only just came to terms with bitcoin?

For whatever it's worth - I was in Vertcoin pretty heavy and the devs created an iOS wallet that Apple rejected.  So it might be worth getting some feedback (if you can) before dumping too much time into it.  I doubt the Anon feature is going to help with the Nazi's @ Apple  ...

Exactly - those guys are pretty strict. I think the chances it'll be rejected are pretty much 100%. For an iOS wallet to be acceptable even for XC it would need to be
very above board. I think the XC privacy/encryption feature would have to be made very innocuous looking.

Anyway for the wallet interface I think the hive wallet is great.
https://www.hivewallet.com
It's very Skype-like with account contacts etc, so would be perfect to expand on with encrypted messaging. Just a thought - I wonder if it is worth seeing if these guys or similar want to incorporate XChat and therefore XCurrency into their platform instead of writing a new mobile wallet entirely from scratch. Certainly they would benefit. Don't know how far along that end of things is.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
I just would be very surprised if they have what we have, i'm not worried or anything, Dan has vision, a plan, the skills too do it and experience in running a major corporation, XC will be more then a currency when finished, it will be a business so being able to manage that is important when XC gets big, those things combined in one Dev is hard to beat, there can only be one king and that is and will be XC.

I really wasn't commenting on Vertcoin capability vs XC - just explaining Apple's likely reaction.
Yeah i know i wrote that comment before i saw your comment all good mate.
legendary
I just would be very surprised if they have what we have, i'm not worried or anything, Dan has vision, a plan, the skills too do it and experience in running a major corporation, XC will be more then a currency when finished, it will be a business so being able to manage that is important when XC gets big, those things combined in one Dev is hard to beat, there can only be one king and that is and will be XC.

I really wasn't commenting on Vertcoin capability vs XC - just explaining Apple's likely reaction.
legendary

undervalued or perhaps just no one wants to buy it? Anyway - I thought it was a scam that collapsed in February. Is this the same people or just the same name? Whatever. I find some of the claims ridiculous. e.g. is Apple really going to pass an iOS version of the apparently just cobbled together "shadow coin" wallet from an anonymous developer when it only just came to terms with bitcoin?

For whatever it's worth - I was in Vertcoin pretty heavy and the devs created an iOS wallet that Apple rejected.  So it might be worth getting some feedback (if you can) before dumping too much time into it.  I doubt the Anon feature is going to help with the Nazi's @ Apple  ...
Good to see you over hear mate  Cheesy I'm sure your the same guy i was talking to yesterday, excuse me if i'm wrong might be just similar user names.
legendary
legendary

For whatever it's worth - I was in Vertcoin pretty heavy and the devs created an iOS wallet that Apple rejected.  So it might be worth getting some feedback (if you can) before dumping too much time into it.  I doubt the Anon feature is going to help with the Nazi's @ Apple  ...

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
WTF Shadowcoin has everything we have plus cellphone stacking wallet...

Do they have a solid dev like ours?

looks like they are going through the same shit as us. price just gone down since that was released.  Huh

They have unknown Dev unlike us. Looks like they could be our closest competition though.
Have all there feature been proven to work and tested? like no one has been able to break our anonymity has there's had the same scrutiny, just curious.

Dont think so, but I could be wrong. I haven't spent that much time over there, just downloaded their mob wallet to check it out.

I hope when XC release their mobile wallet it is 100X more user friendly. theirs is pretty much like a normal PC wallet just ported to mobile so everything is small and fiddly.

Ours wants to be more like a cross between mycelium and whatsapp I'd say.

fair play to them though.
legendary

looks like they are going through the same shit as us. price just gone down since that was released.  Huh

They have unknown Dev unlike us. Looks like they could be our closest competition though.
Have all there feature been proven to work and tested? like no one has been able to break our anonymity has there's had the same scrutiny, just curious.

legendary

legendary
Merit: 1000

And who will use shadowcoin?

I bet that every ppl from europe age 40+ will NEVER use shadowcoin. Becouse is spokie...-SHADOWcoin-

What I'm saying is the coin is so fuking undervalued..
96,000,000 coins and they are about 12 cents US  IIUC...I'm struggling to see how that makes it undervalued.
People with their subtle ways of pumping other coins in our thread now.   Teka... don't you think those pretending to be here talking about other "undervalued" coins should be nuked?

+1  My mintpal account is so undervalued. I can't understand why everyone doesn't send btc to my mintpal account. Putting my moon boots on right now. etc, yada yada
Activity: 322
People with their subtle ways of pumping other coins in our thread now.   Teka... don't you think those pretending to be here talking about other "undervalued" coins should be nuked?

I bet that every ppl from europe age 40+ will NEVER use shadowcoin. Becouse is spokie...-SHADOWcoin-

is the mobile code open source? It actually safe to download?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

What I'm saying is the coin is so fuking undervalued..
Activity: 131
New Beginning!

legendary
Merit: 1000
Everyone who downloads the client is a customer,
Everyone who downloads the client is a member of the community. Smiley

The true profit earning value of XCurrency
XC may be more like a 'company" than other altcoins, but only , I think, because it is still closed source.
Ultimately, I believe the altcoins that achieve popularity are going to be very different from a proprietary company  because unlike a company the goal will not be to make money for shareholders, but to provide a service for anyone.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Jump to: