Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 759. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

I think it would be a good idea to let the community know what the team is up to each day.

We always have a lot going on and it's futile to try report everything, but I'll give you regular updates on the agenda.

Today:

- Dan is working on the next update to secure private messaging (EM).

- I'm drafting the new OP for this thread.

- We're updating website materials, the FAQ, etc.

Thanks, the "daily update" is a great idea!  Even if the items are small, at least we know the team is working.  

And I would like to point out, that as far as I know (I may be wrong), XC is one of the only altcoins, if not the only, where their coders are working full-time on the coin.  In other words, coding for XC is their day job.  I know this is not the case with many other top competitor coins.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

I think it would be a good idea to let the community know what the team is up to each day.

We always have a lot going on and it's futile to try report everything, but I'll give you regular updates on the agenda.

Today:

This is great!!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

Today:

Fantastic idea keeping the community in the loop. Even if it is short, sweet, and to the point. I think this will be a welcoming change going forward by everyone.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

Today:

Not trying to sound like a fan boy, but there's nothing like this among all our competitors. This will be THE single most effective strategy to gain and hold confidence of investors.

also,
the multipool, hashevolved is closed for remodeling.

Now I'm ready for the New York Times.
And coffee.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

Today:

Thanks for this. If other team mebers could also pitch in any thing they can disclose on a regular basis that would be GREAT. Most of The community members are part time and don't live and Bread XC like The team. Giving them iSight in day to day tasks would be great. Maybe thrash could make this something visual and update that regular.

Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

Today:

This is great man....thank you.  Even though I don't feel the need to be updated every day, I know there are people in the community that do need it.  
Activity: 341
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

Today:

Not trying to sound like a fan boy, but there's nothing like this among all our competitors. This will be THE single most effective strategy to gain and hold confidence of investors.
legendary
Hi folks

Introducing:

**The XC Daily Update**

Today:

Activity: 616
Mr Boh and pookielax are the same person. 
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
Mr. Boh is talking smack on Twitter again:

https://twitter.com/cryptoboh/status/491595053874569216

LOL, that post he screen-captured is a month old, he's really trying hard to smear XC.

Anyone more familiar with these matters care to address his tweet? Or should we just let it go?

That guy is a turd, just like his "pet clown" that posts here.  All they do is try and pump their current coin so they can make a buck.  They aren't investors, they are traders trying to manipulate the market.

On the 13th Mr. Boh was still pumping XC on twitter, and on the 14th started pumping another coin.
legendary

LOL, that post he screen-captured is a month old, he's really trying hard to smear XC.

Anyone more familiar with these matters care to address his tweet? Or should we just let it go?

Replied.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I think its hilarious that 1 person can cause such a commotion with you all  Roll Eyes Grin  But synechist Dasource will fill u in on those answers when He awake.. hes PoSA dev... did u have any luck tracing those transactions Theoretical gave u......

Do you understand it...
Well....this lemming Smiley just bought another 600 XC this morning.  Keep building up my empire......
Activity: 462

legendary
Dasource will fill u in on those answers when He awake.. hes PoSA dev... did u have any luck tracing those transactions Theoretical gave u......

Thanks. Yes, I'll wait until he's awake.

I didn't try to track those transactions because I'm not testing Cloak's anonymity. Before we can do that I'll need to understand how it works.

Questions for now are:

- how do you prevent blockchain bloat if nodes are sending dust to each other all the time?

- if staking coins are spent to mix/forward txs to recipients, then how can you trust the nodes won't steal coins instead of forwarding them?

- if new addresses are mined to anonymise transactions, then how do you avoid losing transactions due to orphaned blocks?

- alternatively if you wait for the blocks to mature, then how do you avoid long transaction times?

So for now let's say that C***k's approach leaves much to be explained.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Still need assistance in getting the private transactions to work on build 2.45. Over 15 attempts of various amounts between 1 and 10 and no dice. Correct ports open on both the router and win firewall, wallet has full network access, etc. No coins lost, just no transactions showing up and certainly nothing ending up on the other end. It shouldn't be this difficult... what am I missing?

That's odd. Is your internet connection through a large institution or some entity that might have all manner of filtering on its network?

For example the Oxford University network doesn't let private tx's through at present.

This is an issue that'll be resolved in future updates.

Nope, individual home connection. For the life of me, I feel like I have followed what existing directions to a T and have everything setup appropriately but yet nothing. I'm not trying to start anything here as it would be counterproductive being that I hold quite a few coins myself, but I do want to know why I am having issues on a feature that everyone else seems to have no problems using (especially when it is a core feature by design).

I have seen that certain ISP's or content filters can impact the privacy feature, we are working on an update to resolve this type of issue

Dan

Thanks Dan for addressing it. I'm content waiting for a fix as I'm assuming this sort of issue is a priority in upcoming builds.
Activity: 462
I think its hilarious that 1 person can cause such a commotion with you all  Roll Eyes Grin  But synechist Dasource will fill u in on those answers when He awake.. hes PoSA dev... did u have any luck tracing those transactions Theoretical gave u......
Activity: 756
Still need assistance in getting the private transactions to work on build 2.45. Over 15 attempts of various amounts between 1 and 10 and no dice. Correct ports open on both the router and win firewall, wallet has full network access, etc. No coins lost, just no transactions showing up and certainly nothing ending up on the other end. It shouldn't be this difficult... what am I missing?

That's odd. Is your internet connection through a large institution or some entity that might have all manner of filtering on its network?

For example the Oxford University network doesn't let private tx's through at present.

This is an issue that'll be resolved in future updates.

Nope, individual home connection. For the life of me, I feel like I have followed what existing directions to a T and have everything setup appropriately but yet nothing. I'm not trying to start anything here as it would be counterproductive being that I hold quite a few coins myself, but I do want to know why I am having issues on a feature that everyone else seems to have no problems using (especially when it is a core feature by design).

I have seen that certain ISP's or content filters can impact the privacy feature, we are working on an update to resolve this type of issue

Dan
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

Heads up. hashevolved message :
It has been determined that this will be the last shift for this beta. The pool will be taken down for important works to be carried out on the front and backend. We would like to thank you for your support during the beta test and hope to see you again soon when we're fully operational.

I got my miners pointed back at CK.  I'll be back when the multipool is fully launched.

Now back to this Edigicash awesomeness. 

Jump to: