Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 801. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Question; how is it that were on rev 2.45 when rev2 isn't 100%?

Really?  How else would you propose they increment the builds?

Rev 2.45 is still Rev 2.

I get it now, sorry I was a bit confused. REV 2.45 is a more complete/robust version of REV .2
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
If you all had half a brain you would be running a PR and Marketing Push here.....http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/   If you read alot of the complaints peoplw have about bitcoin fog and not trusting Darkmarket mixers you would see XC solves alot of problems for a multi Billion Dollar industry... Just a thought..

Thanks for the feedback. As Arlyn said, pr is planned.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

Really?  How else would you propose they increment the builds?

Rev 2.45 is still Rev 2.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
If you all had half a brain...

Your approach is just awful.  Let me rephrase it for you and how that would work better for your audience.  

Pookielax:
"Hey check this out:  http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/ - they complain about BTC anonymity and not trusting Darkmarket mixers.  This could be a marketing opportunity for your product, if that's something you're comfortable with being associated with."

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Have anyone calculated what is the overhead of anonymous transaction compared to non-anonymous, in percentage terms? I'm interested how scalable this would be.

Not that I'm aware. Probably best to wait until Rev 2 is completed though. :-)

what is the current status on Rev2? I know its close to being complete but can you give a rough estimate?

No. But it'll work the same.

It's pretty much bells and whistles left to do.

Activity: 462
Merit: 500
If you all had half a brain you would be running a PR and Marketing Push here.....http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/   If you read alot of the complaints peoplw have about bitcoin fog and not trusting Darkmarket mixers you would see XC solves alot of problems for a multi Billion Dollar industry... Just a thought..
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
4 minutes is quite fast compared to Darksend. What are the default number of xnodes the transaction is bounced? Will this number be selectable in the future? Or it doesn't matter since is anon either way  Shocked

Good question. Here's a response from Dan:

"It's dynamic, so it depends on several variables include inputs, outputs, and # transactions in session‏."

Giving further details would necessitate publishing XC's algorithm, which would be a little early. Open source on a delayed timeline. ;-)

But, in short, the app and the network will handle the number of fragments a tx is broken into. And yes, it's very, very anonymous.

legendary
Have anyone calculated what is the overhead of anonymous transaction compared to non-anonymous, in percentage terms? I'm interested how scalable this would be.

what is the current status on Rev2? I know its close to being complete but can you give a rough estimate?

No. But it'll work the same.

It's pretty much bells and whistles left to do.

Activity: 204
4 minutes is quite fast compared to Darksend. What are the default number of xnodes the transaction is bounced? Will this number be selectable in the future? Or it doesn't matter since is anon either way  Shocked
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
So much for "Community"
I have been thinking about the reward for XNODE system, and perhaps the easiest way to do it would be to create a higher POS % for those holding more than 550 XC in their wallet.  
Thoughts?
Activity: 196

legendary

Activity: 427
Activity: 162
Hi, mate. Thanks for that information but it does not really answer my question. What I wanted to know was if the xnodes were getting paid for processing transactions in any way?

Yes you get transaction fees for running a node. the amount depends on the amount of anon transactions.

Hi, mate. Thanks for that information but it does not really answer my question. What I wanted to know was if the xnodes were getting paid for processing transactions in any way?

Yes.

Thanks. Is the exact formula of payments for the xnodes already known or it's still up for discussion?

We're still considering options for tx fees.

Higher fees incentivises node owners; lower fees incentivises user adoption of the network and makes it more competitive.

We'll start discussing this stuff later though. For now we're getting private transactions nailed down.

Lower fees will be beneficial for everybody. Xnodes will be getting paid more with higher turnover. Anyway, thanks a lot for all the replies. I will secure a couple of nodes worth of XC.

I agree, very low fees to encourage mass user adoption are the first steps. Xnode revenue to come from high turnover.
Activity: 364
Announcing the latest version of the XC App: Rev 2.45!

Private transactions now only take 4 minutes (instead of 30).

This software is beta. Private transaction features are still under testing. However you cannot lose coins on a private transaction.

Please back up your wallet.dat before installing, and maintain a backup of your private keys at all times. For help on this, visit the how-to.

Badass, I love the progress thats being made. Having transaction times down to 4 minutes is a big step, I'm looking forward to see how further testing goes.

Thanks for the updates.
legendary

Yes you get transaction fees for running a node. the amount depends on the amount of anon transactions.

Yes.

Thanks. Is the exact formula of payments for the xnodes already known or it's still up for discussion?

Higher fees incentivises node owners; lower fees incentivises user adoption of the network and makes it more competitive.

We'll start discussing this stuff later though. For now we're getting private transactions nailed down.

Lower fees will be beneficial for everybody. Xnodes will be getting paid more with higher turnover. Anyway, thanks a lot for all the replies. I will secure a couple of nodes worth of XC.

+1
Activity: 336

Yes.

legendary

Yes.

Activity: 336
Hi, I am considering buying some XC but have not followed the coin in quite a while. Could somebody please brief me what is the benefit of owning an xnode? Thanks a lot!

Hey hey.

XC is the leading technology for private transactions.

Testing has shown no link on the blockchain between sender and receiver on XC's Rev. 1.5 app: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7310485

The Rev 2.0 app incorporates a world-first: trustless decentralised mixing. Henceforth, transactions can be forwarded by a node without needing to trust the node.

There will be substantial bounties offered in the near future for anyone who can provably break XC's anonymity.

XC recently added some world-class people to its team, and these people are using their real names and putting their reputations on the line: http://www.xc-official.com/the-xc-team/

XC is completely decentralised and not semi-centralised like some competing anon projects.

XC makes its code available to the public on a delayed timeline.

More info: http://www.xc-official.com/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/02/idUKnGNXbb8nSq+1c2+GNW20140702

Yes.

Activity: 364
Hi, I am considering buying some XC but have not followed the coin in quite a while. Could somebody please brief me what is the benefit of owning an xnode? Thanks a lot!

Hey hey.

XC is the leading technology for private transactions.

Testing has shown no link on the blockchain between sender and receiver on XC's Rev. 1.5 app: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7310485

The Rev 2.0 app incorporates a world-first: trustless decentralised mixing. Henceforth, transactions can be forwarded by a node without needing to trust the node.

There will be substantial bounties offered in the near future for anyone who can provably break XC's anonymity.

XC recently added some world-class people to its team, and these people are using their real names and putting their reputations on the line: http://www.xc-official.com/the-xc-team/

XC is completely decentralised and not semi-centralised like some competing anon projects.

XC makes its code available to the public on a delayed timeline.

More info: http://www.xc-official.com/

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/02/idUKnGNXbb8nSq+1c2+GNW20140702

Yes you get transaction fees for running a node. the smount depends on the amount of anon transactions.
Jump to: