Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 860. (Read 1484197 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Update REV2.5 at this weekend Huh

No. Test-version of secure private messaging this weekend.

We're still on Rev 2.0 At present it's on mainnet, and is working just fine. The next Rev 2 update should have trustless mixing available through the UI.

Rev 2.5 is still to come.

The question is, when is REV2 finally going to be released? That's what everyone wants to know.
And here was me thinking it had been released. That makes me feel better. It's good to see the coin holding it's ground. Quite a few coins have been under some pressure

No not yet, it's 5 days late and counting.

Rev2 has been released. atcsecure has released a functioning rev2 on mainnet and is working on further updates to bring the trustless mixer into the UI. Everything has been delivered as promised.

It's not fully finished

I don't believe we were told it was going to be 'fully finished.' This is beta software. Why are you expecting fully finished beta software?

We were delivered what we were told was going to be delivered (full anonymity with trustless mixing is what was promised on the roadmap and that's what we got.)

I haven't seen an announcement from Dan saying here is REV2 complete. There is no anon UI.

Again, there is no reason for you to be expecting an anon UI at this point. It was never promised to be delivered with rev2, in fact on the roadmap it clearly says that rev2.5 will include an updated wallet UI. If dan brings the anonymity features into the UI before rev2.5, then he is over-delivering.

Correct: the UI update comes with Rev 2.5 as per the roadmap. However we'd like to avoid people having to use command lines to send XC because it's unnecessarily complicated, and so a nice little "anon" button could come in handy...

We're aware that there was a general perception that 7 July would bring a "completed" Rev 2. Perhaps this was a reasonable enough assumption given that the roadmap didn't specify grades of completion, but just said "Rev 2". However these "rev" things are milestones upon a continuous development path, and the entire project is under development up to and beyond Rev 3. If you recall, when Rev 1.5 came out there were several updates after the initial one; you can expect the same thing around every milestone. Basically the idea of a milestone is simply to have implemented a certain type or layer of technology at that point. But this doesn't imply that there'll be no refinements after the milestone. In fact, after Rev 3 there'll be the big bounty to provably break XC's anonymity. So the process of development is a continuous one, and "revs" are just markers to designate the stage we're at.

On the other hand it's still in our interest to reach a milestone with a stable and user-friendly app rather than a confusing one. We'll always aim at this - if not more. However it's not considered a failure to deliver a new technology at a milestone that isn't entirely finished; in fact, "revs" are by nature unfinished.

So there's a distinction between a rev and an official public launch, at which point everything will need to be stable and ready for bulletproofing tests.

Anyway, expect updates on a regular basis, and - if Dan's past progress is anything to go by - the occasional surprise.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter

We're still on Rev 2.0 At present it's on mainnet, and is working just fine. The next Rev 2 update should have trustless mixing available through the UI.

LoL I had forgotten all about this. HYPE
Activity: 840
Teka, I just noticed that the link to the Europex exchange XC market in the OP leads to nowhere. It seems they may have delisted XC
Probably because , yet again, XC did not deliver things that were not promised !

or maybe because people don't trade there since xc is available on much better exchanges like mintpal. Just my personal opinion.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
leigh2k14, you seem to think that Dan somehow promised a 'finished' rev2 product.

I urge you to keep in mind that this software is BETA. Beta software is for testing and is not finished.

Nowhere at any time did Dan say that the rev2 release on 7/7 would be finished and include an updated UI.

Personally, I'm stoked that he delivered what was promised on time - full anonymity with fully decentralized trustless mixing.

I think all the confusion is in the naming of the releases. If it is beta software then you need to make sure you let people now it is beta.. example: "XC Rev 2" is not as clear as "XC V2 Beta"..

Dan has always made it clear that this is beta software.

Quote from Dan:

I have good news: Rev 2 Beta 2 is now on mainnet!

You can now download it from the url posted.

This is not the final Rev 2 app. Anon features are only accessible from the command line. However, decentralised trustless mixing is working through a simple rpc command via the debug console.

This is beta software. Please back up your wallet.dat before using it.  Also this release changes everything to XCurrency including the %appdata% directory

An updated UI will be released with the privacy mode available through the coin control page.

If your testing the distmix command, read the distmix.txt in the zip

PM me with any issues or questions

ATCSECURE
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I think all the confusion is in the naming of the releases. If it is beta software then you need to make sure you let people now it is beta.. example: "XC Rev 2" is not as clear as "XC V2 Beta"..
Activity: 43

The question is, when is REV2 finally going to be released? That's what everyone wants to know.
And here was me thinking it had been released. That makes me feel better. It's good to see the coin holding it's ground. Quite a few coins have been under some pressure

Rev2 has been released. atcsecure has released a functioning rev2 on mainnet and is working on further updates to bring the trustless mixer into the UI. Everything has been delivered as promised.

It's not fully finished

I don't believe we were told it was going to be 'fully finished.' This is beta software. Why are you expecting fully finished beta software?

We were delivered what we were told was going to be delivered (full anonymity with trustless mixing is what was promised on the roadmap and that's what we got.)

I haven't seen an announcement from Dan saying here is REV2 complete. There is no anon UI.

Again, there is no reason for you to be expecting an anon UI at this point. It was never promised to be delivered with rev2, in fact on the roadmap it clearly says that rev2.5 will include an updated wallet UI. If dan brings the anonymity features into the UI before rev2.5, then he is over-delivering.

Weather or not we are getting UI with REV2, it is still not complete.

Quote from: atcsecure on July 11, 2014, 01:18:49 AM
http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip (http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip)

This is not the final Rev 2 app. Anon features are only accessible from the command line. However, decentralised trustless mixing is working through a simple rpc command via the debug console.

This is beta software. Please back up your wallet.dat before using it.  Also this release changes everything to XCurrency including the %appdata% directory

An updated UI will be released with the privacy mode available through the coin control page.

ATCSECURE

Of course Rev 2 is not fully finished it's beta, from what I understand is Rev 3 is going to be the complete package. Till then why not help out and test the releases, might help move thing along.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1288

It's not fully finished

Weather or not we are getting UI with REV2, it is still not complete.

Quote from: atcsecure on July 11, 2014, 01:18:49 AM
http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip (http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip)

This is beta software. Please back up your wallet.dat before using it.  Also this release changes everything to XCurrency including the %appdata% directory

ATCSECURE
Teka, I just noticed that the link to the Europex exchange XC market in the OP leads to nowhere. It seems they may have delisted XC.

It's not fully finished

legendary
http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip

ATCSECURE

Dan even said: This is not the final REV2 app.
legendary

It's not fully finished

It's not fully finished

legendary

Dang! Why can't these guys be like everyone else and not deliver on time? It's so annoying
legendary

It's not fully finished

Activity: 43

Did you read synechist post?
legendary

legendary
legendary

legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Jump to: