Pages:
Author

Topic: [XDN] Foundation - page 5. (Read 10127 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
June 05, 2015, 11:33:57 AM
I'm gonna follow the evolution of the foundation, i only have a small amount of xdn, but if the price keep rising i'm considering donate  some xdn.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
June 05, 2015, 11:24:36 AM
Hello everyone! We've received a couple of donations already - thanks to those who have sent them! Guys, if you want to be recognized personally, please use the following Payment ID when sending money, so that we can keep track of the senders: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361.

Hey Xian, my suggestion earlier for you was to keep the momentum of the Foundation's growth. However, words without actions ring hollow, so I'll also donate you some Darknotes. Cheers.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 05, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
Hello everyone! We've received a couple of donations already - thanks to those who have sent them! Guys, if you want to be recognized personally, please use the following Payment ID when sending money, so that we can keep track of the senders: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361.

Yeah all right, just a couple isn't enough. I'm a miner holder, so I'll send you some of my own XDN later tonight. I think we're already past deciding if this is going to take off or not, so I wanna be a part of it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
June 04, 2015, 10:25:55 PM
XDN these days looks good on the market. I hope the trend continues
i can't found any marketing material about Darknote except website. I moderated several web pages and i can place some info about him
Activity: 115
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
June 04, 2015, 05:08:25 PM

Also, I almost forgot to mention: you all should check the developers' twitter @DarkNote_XDN: the XDN's Birthday is coming and they've got something big to roll out pretty soon, so let's stay tuned. I bet my hat that it's going to blow everyone's minds.
June 04, 2015, 04:55:26 PM
Activity: 60
June 04, 2015, 02:08:38 PM
We've had two crazy weeks, with lots getting planned and accomplished. The capitalization of Darknote now stands at around $1.2 million, having more than doubled since we set off on our mission. With the XDN Foundation website now launched, three new team members brought on-board, and the XDN market study accomplished – we are moving on to the next important stage of our plan.

Today, I am happy to announce the start of the XDN crowdfunding campaign. More information about the campaign can be found by visiting the following link: http://xdnfoundation.org/fundraising.

To facilitate XDN Foundation’s crowdfunding round we carried out a study to learn more about the XDN market and the stakeholders’ preferences. We did a survey of a sample of XDN holders and received an overwhelming response. The fact that most of the replies were very positive indicates that our mission is being received well by the XDN community, and we are very grateful for this.

The results of our research are quite conclusive, showing that the community of XDN holders is both large and active. However, we felt it was difficult, and somewhat inappropriate, to narrow down the numbers of  possible XDN holders too much, so we have decided to indicate only the estimated boundaries of the community size – from 10k to 100k.

We also concluded that the average stake of the XDN holders is around 1-2 million in Darknotes. The holders with above the average stakes are in possession of around 2-5 million of Darknotes. There are, however, also some holders, who are in possession of staggering 100 million or more of Darknotes.

This survey gave us some very positive feedback and strengthened our confidence about the success of our mission. It also helped us set our financial goals for the campaign – 50 million Darknotes. With such support from the community, I am confident that we will achieve this goal. The campaign will last until Thursday, the 9th of June 2015.

To uphold the credibility of our crowdfunding campaign we will post screenshots of all the donations dropping into the wallet. We will make sure that the community drives both this process, and the future development of the XDN Foundation.

Join us and let’s make history together!
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
June 03, 2015, 05:46:46 PM
Hello everyone!

I wanted to announce that we have launched a crowdfunding campaign on our recently released Darknote Foundation site: we have a long road ahead of us, making every effort possible to promote the XDN's cause, and all those activities will require funding.

The wallet address for donations is dddDuFCdYkmUYDPzxc52eiWkW3QMpawcF5b93tBjaHai12c6krts7GydAMTtD2qF2xaRMC5UvSrrURp gJQnGxdRG2aNscqke6.

Currently we are conducting a market study into how many people are willing to invest money in this project and how much: after we are done with it, we will publish the funding target and the timeframe within which we're going to collect the XDN. In the meantime we are happy to accept just any sums you wish to invest.

In the nearest future we will also publish a plan for our short-term marketing activities, so that everyone can see what the collected money is going to be spent on.

The official page for this campaign is http://xdnfoundation.org/fundraising, please stay tuned to it and to this thread for upcoming updates on the campaign.

Thank you very much, and make the cash flow, guys Smiley Also, make sure to add some commentary to your donations, it can be anything: your name, the name of your site, etc. We'll make a list of donators shine eternally in our hall of fame on the Foundation's site.

P.S. I'll be donating a certain amount from my own pocket, in case if anything's wondering.

Congrats on launching the campaign. I have one question though: how are you approaching the market study? I imagine asking people about their money investment preferences can't bee too easy in a community centered around idea of making cash flows as discrete and untraceable as possible.
Also, I have a suggestion: you should ask people who donate to send the payment IDs of the transactions as well: that way, their donations will be publicly visible and thus you will be held accountable for the money, which ensures the necessary transparency.
June 03, 2015, 04:56:00 PM
Hello everyone!

I wanted to announce that we have launched a crowdfunding campaign on our recently released Darknote Foundation site: we have a long road ahead of us, making every effort possible to promote the XDN's cause, and all those activities will require funding.

The wallet address for donations is dddDuFCdYkmUYDPzxc52eiWkW3QMpawcF5b93tBjaHai12c6krts7GydAMTtD2qF2xaRMC5UvSrrURp gJQnGxdRG2aNscqke6.

Currently we are conducting a market study into how many people are willing to invest money in this project and how much: after we are done with it, we will publish the funding target and the timeframe within which we're going to collect the XDN. In the meantime we are happy to accept just any sums you wish to invest.

In the nearest future we will also publish a plan for our short-term marketing activities, so that everyone can see what the collected money is going to be spent on.

The official page for this campaign is http://xdnfoundation.org/fundraising, please stay tuned to it and to this thread for upcoming updates on the campaign.

Thank you very much, and make the cash flow, guys Smiley Also, make sure to add some commentary to your donations, it can be anything: your name, the name of your site, etc. We'll make a list of donators shine eternally in our hall of fame on the Foundation's site.

P.S. I'll be donating a certain amount from my own pocket, in case if anything's wondering.

Good job guys, you're moving forward pretty fast. Keep your momentum and this might turn into something big.
June 03, 2015, 03:52:16 PM
Hello everyone!

Cool! Did any $ come in already? If not, hope it'll start soon.
June 03, 2015, 12:35:06 PM
Hello everyone!

Edit: here's the Payment ID to use with transactions: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361 so that we can keep a more thorough track of donations.

June 02, 2015, 05:32:07 PM
After we have established the Darknote Foundation’s website and started to employ new team members to drive the process of promoting the coin, we are looking to find a marketing communications company to spearhead this movement. I know a few marketing communications agencies in the community and outside it that have good experience in leading similar projects, but it’s important that the community contributes to this discussion. Which companies do you want to see in the tender to assist the XDN Foundation in promoting the Darknote?
June 02, 2015, 05:20:20 PM
If you have ideas how to boost our XDN marketing effort, please join our discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066676.new#new
June 02, 2015, 02:43:59 PM
We are still looking for enthusiasts and partners who can help us promote Darknote in the market. Two new team members have recently joined us at the Foundation – a motion artist and a marketing assistant. We are still looking for the head of the Foundation and a senior marketing manager. So, please, keep your CVs and PMs coming.
Activity: 44
June 01, 2015, 12:16:09 PM
I think this foundation should only work for the purpose of promoting XDN on the internet not represent it. XDN is not owned by anyone, not even the developers. It is up to each individual to value the price of their held XDN's based on the effort they put into mining them. It doesn't matter what the exchanges say. All we need is for the cryptocurrency to be known and to let the people know why Darknote is better than any fiat currency. I think Darknote should pay for itself. Just like Gold and Silver pays for itself.

Well, I believe that some ways of promotion require a centralized organizing body: for example, adding a coin to as much exchanges as possible can be very helpful for letting people know about it, but there should be someone who will negotiate the addition of the coin to the exchange, or otherwise the natural process may take too long. I could think of more examples like that, but I'm sure you get my point: if the community wants to keep the momentum of promotion and really drive it home, there should be someone who will lead the way.
I do agree that the centralized controlling body becomes unnecessary when the popularity of the coin is secured and basically everyone knows about it, so I'd suggest the dissolution of the Foundation upon achieving the mission.

Sounds like a good idea.
June 01, 2015, 12:15:03 PM
There are all these foundations controlling coins and all they are is another form of centralization. The coin goes from being centralized through the developer to being centralized through the foundation.

I think this foundation should only work for the purpose of promoting XDN on the internet not represent it. XDN is not owned by anyone, not even the developers. It is up to each individual to value the price of their held XDN's based on the effort they put into mining them. It doesn't matter what the exchanges say. All we need is for the cryptocurrency to be known and to let the people know why Darknote is better than any fiat currency. I think Darknote should pay for itself. Just like Gold and Silver pays for itself.

Well, I believe that some ways of promotion require a centralized organizing body: for example, adding a coin to as much exchanges as possible can be very helpful for letting people know about it, but there should be someone who will negotiate the addition of the coin to the exchange, or otherwise the natural process may take too long. I could think of more examples like that, but I'm sure you get my point: if the community wants to keep the momentum of promotion and really drive it home, there should be someone who will lead the way.
I do agree that the centralized controlling body becomes unnecessary when the popularity of the coin is secured and basically everyone knows about it, so I'd suggest the dissolution of the Foundation upon achieving the mission.

The purpose of the XDN Foundation is to facilitate optimal and efficient XDN market penetration. The foundation will not compromise the decentralized nature of XDN by focusing on solely promoting the Darknote and widening its scope of use. The community will remain the driving force behind the XDN and the foundation.

In regards to the funding of XDN Foundation and continual promotion of XDN in the world, we developed the Foundation’s website and started initial negotiations with service vendors to include XDN into their payment systems. All this and some further actions are financed from my personal savings. We already have some first tangible results with the capitalization of XDN reaching close to $1 million (http://coinmarketcap.com/). Following the original idea behind the Foundation, it will be 100% community managed and crowdfunded. We have developed a section on the XDN Foundation website where any member of the community can financially support the Foundation in its attempt to promote XDN (http://xdnfoundation.org/fundraising). The section will start working soon.
June 01, 2015, 09:11:10 AM

It's all good and well, but I am indeed interested in hearing some more specific examples of activities, or even a plan, because so far it was only laid out without consitency. I've even submitted my own attempts at designing their logo in another thread (check my post here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11476338) and tried applying to work with those guys, but got no coherent response.
Another thing that bugs me is how are they going to fund all the potential stuff they need to do.
June 01, 2015, 06:18:10 AM

Activity: 44
May 30, 2015, 04:23:53 PM
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
AKA The Rubber Monkey
May 29, 2015, 12:07:18 PM
There are all these foundations controlling coins and all they are is another form of centralization. The coin goes from being centralized through the developer to being centralized through the foundation.
Pages:
Jump to: