Pages:
Author

Topic: [XDN] Foundation - page 4. (Read 10127 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 252
June 16, 2015, 06:06:38 AM
Plan A
I suggest you put them into the crowdsale
for the amount you wish to get converted .
Hitting the market places will be avoided …

Plan B
However , it is better to channel this in another way :
Ask the participants to contribute with their work by
being paid in locked or banked XDN's - leap of faith Cool

Thus , the idea of banking by using XDN currency is on .
This move will ensure we have believers who inspire all .
Who else must show strength if not we ducklings here ?'

In comparison and by giving it a thorough thought ,
Plan B has more advantages in a wholesome view ;
The longterm gains from such additional t·h·rust will
compensate for the waiting and the spiritual forfait·h .

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
June 15, 2015, 11:07:18 AM
Hey everyone. With just nine hours until the end of the XDN Foundation's crowdfunding campaign, we don't have very much time to collect what's left to reach our target, so I will keep this short:

Since the time of my last report we have received 32 donations - that's a very impressive influx of donations, again unlike anything we've seen before. The increased activity around XDN in Twitter probably might be the cause of this surge. Currently the collected sum is just over 43 million XDN. We have to gather at least 7 more million until 23:59 UTC today.

Judging by the current amounts and frequency of payments, we can very well hit and pass the target, so I urge everyone to keep donating and getting closer to our goal.

Thank you all very much and see you in 9 hours with the final report on the campaign.

Nice. Hopefully you guys sell em off slowly. Looks like if you dumped 27M XDN on Poloniex right now it'd take the price back down to 30 or 40 satoshi. 

Maybe you should also setup a BTC (or LTC or XMR or...) address for donations as well. Just a thought...

Double that, I wouldn't want to see the Foundation crash its own coin either, but it seems that so far these guys know what they're doing.

Nice. Hopefully you guys sell em off slowly. Looks like if you dumped 27M XDN on Poloniex right now it'd take the price back down to 30 or 40 satoshi. 

Maybe you should also setup a BTC (or LTC or XMR or...) address for donations as well. Just a thought...

Hey guys. I get your concerns, but you shouldn't worry: the Foundation maintains a policy of minimal market manipulation/impact: they will pay their employees in XDN and try best to persuade the contractors to take XDN for their services. In the case where paying in XDN is not possible, we will conduct exchange deals in such a manner as to minimize the impact on market price.

Which brings me to my next point: we will most probably be successful in collecting the targeted 50 million XDN and I'd say that about 70% of that will have to be converted into BTC very soon. We are currently looking into opportunities for OTC deals that will allow us to exchange the raised funds without crashing the market rates. I've already had several bids offered to me personally, but those aren't nearly enough to cover the entire sum we're planning to exchange.

So I'd like to ask you all about deal strategies that can allow us convert the XDN fast, in large amounts and without hitting the market hard. Maybe someone knows good examples of previous campaigns of different coins that have already accomplished similar tasks, or can maybe even point me to the exact place where such deals can be struck.

Please share your ideas, everyone's opinion is most welcome.
Activity: 60
June 15, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

We already considered the market reaction to our XDN crowdsale campaign in our initial plan. The campaign is going to be done over-the-counter, therefore, the market price will not be affected and the increasing demand for the XDN will be satisfied accordingly. Our aim is to promote and strengthen XDN, therefore, we are very careful not to compromise our effort. The underpinning factor of the XDN Foundation's mission is to create value for the community with every action we take.
Activity: 72
June 14, 2015, 06:37:52 PM

Double that, I wouldn't want to see the Foundation crash its own coin either, but it seems that so far these guys know what they're doing.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
June 13, 2015, 04:20:19 PM

June 13, 2015, 11:06:25 AM
Hey guys!

For the last couple of days we have seen a very impressive increase in the number and size of donations. In fact, we have set a new record: since the time of my last report we have received a whopping 10.4 million XDN worth of donations. You can see here, that we have just hit and passed the 50% mark of our target sum, with 27.4M XDN collected out of 50M intended:

I have decided not to include individual transactions as there are too many of them now to be conveniently readable. Instead, let me provide you all with a concise report:

There are 18 new donations, ranging from as little as 39 800 XDN to as much as 2 890 000 - the largest transaction, which signed, rather ambiguously, as 'poloniex.com'.

The second and third largest donations were 2 718 281 (signed 'Ccru') and 2 530 015 (from an anonymous benefactor).

Overall, we are approaching our target with an ever more increasing speed, and with two and a half days left until the end of the run, we have every chance to reach the goal.

Thank you all again and let's keep 'em coming.
June 12, 2015, 05:42:12 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm here today with great news: since the time of my last report, we have accumulated 8.7M XDN more worth of donations, with the totally raised sum reaching the mark of just under 17M coins.

In fact, there are so many donations that came in, that all of them don't even fit into one screencap:

Our decision to extend the campaigns time terms is proving itself as a good call, since with the Foundation's website being back up and the increased marketing effort from Brian (good job on that study, by the way!) we just might be able to hit the target by the end of the run.

There's no point in listing every transaction, like I did before, since there are so many of them now, so I just want to say a huge thank you to all of the donators. It is now apparent, that we indeed CAN make it to the Moon, so let's keep up!

See you tomorrow with a new report, people.
June 11, 2015, 02:54:36 PM
So, the preliminary XDN market study results are out. Below is the infographics portraying the initial results of the study. We are still waiting for some responses and sending out new invitations to participate in the survey to community members. To those of you who already responded – Thank YOU! If you received my enquiry, but didn’t have the time to respond yet, please spare 5-10 minutes of your time to reply to me. If you didn’t receive the enquiry to participate in the survey, but have a Digitalnote stake and want to take part in the survey, please PM me or send me an email ([email protected]).

For those of you, who want to contribute to our XDN marketing discussion, please click on the following link.
XDN Marketing Future thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xdn-marketing-future-1066676

If you still haven’t visited the XDN Foundation website, check it out: http://xdnfoundation.org/

June 11, 2015, 06:33:57 AM
I have two great news! Firstly, the updated XDN Foundation website is back online and, secondly, we have collected around 10 mm XDNs, which brings us closer to our crowdfunding campaign goal of 50 mm XDNs. We have done a great progress in the crowdfunding campaign with overwhelming support from the community. However, we still have quite a way to go in order to achieving our campaign goal. So please keep those donations coming and let’s take XDN to the level where it deserves to be.

To compensate for the XDN Foundation website downtime, we are extending the crowdfunding campaign until 12 pm Monday, June 15.

On a different note, I had quite a few community members approach me wanting to help with the XDN Foundation and our mission in general. I am delighted that so many of you starting to trust what we are doing and getting onboard. Thank you for your proactive position and willingness to help. If any of the community members who kept quiet until now are ready to help us with our mission please PM me or send me an e-mail ([email protected]).
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
June 11, 2015, 06:30:08 AM
with the toal sum collected so far brought to 8.3 million coins.

$1500 in a week - not bad. I hope you won't run off with the money.
June 10, 2015, 04:29:37 PM
Hello my friends. I'm here with today's report on the crowdfunding campaign:

This day wasn't as good as the previous two, bringing just about 2 million XDN more, with the toal sum collected so far brought to 8.3 million coins. But hopefully when the Foundation's site is up and running stably, we will get back on our tracks.

The largest donation for today is a sum just 1 XDN shy of 1 million, sent by the St. Canard's masked hero - Darkwing Duck. Thank you very much and please stay safe while fighting crime on the streets.

The second largest transaction is a 700k, which will hopefully get us to the Moon.

Thanks to you guys, and to the three other donators (every bit counts!), and as always: see you all tomorrow.

P.S.: to answer the question that came from KylePleaseNotAgain: we are aiming for 50 million XDN collected by the end of the campaign.
Activity: 11
June 10, 2015, 10:58:54 AM
Hello guys, I'm here with today's report on donations:

http://i57.tinypic.com/v7avpk.png

Today we have received 3.5 million XDN more, adding up to a total of 6.5 million.

The largest donation came from someone who loves Monero, but obviously hates XDN, since they're so ready to give it away in the form of the largest donation we've received so far.

Second place was taken by a mysterious Kangaroo hunter: good luck in your hunting, and thank you for the 600k XDN.

The three other transactions are 300k, 95k and a 2 XDN - thanks guys, especially this last one, ha!

OK guys, thank you very much again, see you tomorrow with a new report!

Yo guys, I see you are starting to collect some tangible sums of money. Good for you! What is the overall target you are aiming for?
June 09, 2015, 04:46:05 PM
Hello guys, I'm here with today's report on donations:

Today we have received 3.5 million XDN more, adding up to a total of 6.5 million.

The largest donation came from someone who loves Monero, but obviously hates XDN, since they're so ready to give it away in the form of the largest donation we've received so far.

Second place was taken by a mysterious Kangaroo hunter: good luck in your hunting, and thank you for the 600k XDN.

The three other transactions are 300k, 95k and a 2 XDN - thanks guys, especially this last one, ha!

OK guys, thank you very much again, see you tomorrow with a new report!
June 09, 2015, 09:26:06 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that XDN's Facebook page has been moved to https://www.facebook.com/digitalnote.xdn, please stay advised.
June 09, 2015, 05:49:14 AM
As some of you are already aware, the XDN Foundation website is down. Don’t panic, this is a planned downtime. We are changing servers and planned to carry it out last night, but, unfortunately, it’s taking longer than we initially anticipated.

We are currently working on bringing the website back online, while also rolling out the backup plan. We plan to have the website up and running by the end of today.

In any case, please, don’t stop your donations coming to reinforce our XDN Foundation crowdfunding campaign. Below is our wallet address and Payment ID.

Wallet address: ddDuFCdYkmUYDPzxc52eiWkW3QMpawcF5b93tBjaHai12c6krts7GydAMTtD2qF2xaRMC5UvSrrURpg JQnGxdRG2aNscqke6.

Payment ID: 28eaca07b76c4b0aeb140cfe4d1496eb3797a7ee5a6131f5d2356021d2aff361
June 08, 2015, 07:48:06 PM
I like this new direction. Proffesionalism is key to not get buried by other clones or forks of the original bytecoin vission. I trust this team has close understanding and a guiding hand that will allow them to oersevrre . going to send a donation over soon.
June 08, 2015, 06:30:14 PM
The greatest achievement of ones' work is trust of the community and strong volunteer movement, which we seem to be gaining steadily. We have got good traction in our crowdfunding campaign and are seeing significant interest from highly skilled and professional volunteers, who seek to leave their mark in the success of our mission. Such response from the community signals that we are moving in the direction that the community feels passionate about. The Cryptonote-based XDN offers opportunities that reach far beyond the digital money phenomenon. It allows to be absolutely untraceable and anonymous bypassing the banking system and underpinning the true notion of freedom.

We feel that we are in the right place and doing the right thing, and your energy expressed in donations to support our cause strengthens this belief.

Thank you and keep those donations coming!
June 08, 2015, 05:02:04 PM
Hello everyone!

Seeing as we have collected quite a bit of donations (and to answer JforJoker's question), I'd like to make a report on the status of the campaign so far. Here's the screenshot of our incoming transactions:

Overall, we have received almost 3 million worth of donations. The largest donation so far is 2 million XDN, apparently sent by Roger Ver Wink

Among others are a 500k transaction from a newly acquired friend from the community, whom Brian is reportedly in contact with. There's also a wish of good luck there (thanks, that's very nice of you!) and a good piece of advice. Additionally, there's a donation from our fellow DarkNote Books (cheers) and numerous others, including those who wished to stay anonymous.

I wanted to thank each and every one of you who donated their money towards our cause: our endeavor would end nowhere, if it wasn't for your generous support. Let's hope that we'll receive more donations in the future, and I will get back to you tomorrow with a new report.

Thank you all again!
June 08, 2015, 08:32:58 AM
Thank you all guys for your donations!

How much you raised from these donations?
June 07, 2015, 12:46:35 PM
Thank you all guys for your donations!

I wanted to let you know, that it happened: the XDN's dev has released a major update, tied to their Birthday. Apparently, it includes a rebranding of the coin, since it is now called DigitalNote and a new design, which you can check out here: http://digitalnote.org/

Judging from the Foundation's standpoint, it is a great update, since now the coin doesn't appeal to niche ('dark') communities, but instead is styled as a much more mass-adoption-friendly concept, which means that even though we'll have to work on rebranding the Foundation's site to match, our job is made easier in the future.

Among other major updates I believe worth noting, are the encrypted messaging system, which has become instantaneous, and the PoW-PoS hybridization, which was predicted by Brian earlier in one of the threads.

Overall, I think that this is a major event for the community, one that will prove instrumental in the continued growth of the coin's adoption.
Pages:
Jump to: