Pages:
Author

Topic: (XEM) NEM Speculation thread - page 4. (Read 14585 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 11, 2015, 04:21:47 AM
It seems it has created more sell pressure instead of more buy pressure. 67 satsoshi now. We are heading to 50 sats.

XEM/BTC Markets are available on Bittrex Exchange now.  

edit: 63 sats
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
April 10, 2015, 11:46:22 PM
Definitely potential to be the next DOGE.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
April 10, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
XEM/BTC Markets are available on Bittrex Exchange now. 
April 08, 2015, 05:57:39 AM
I know that there is no priority from the devs to get onto other exchange but it should be for the community to spread NEM further.

Do you have evidence to back-up that statement?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
April 08, 2015, 05:45:04 AM
Currently, the XEM price seems to be backed between 90 and 110 Satoshi. There are big trading walls on both sides. This is good for stability but I guess the most buying and selling offers have been set up some days ago without changing in the meantime. It's time to get onto other exchange to create a competition and increase trading liquidity and volatility. I know that there is no priority from the devs to get onto other exchange but it should be for the community to spread NEM further.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
April 07, 2015, 06:13:22 AM
Yup...the next Nxt release (  Grin cheesy ) will allow a 40 kB payload per message, either clear or encrypted.
Hmm.....

Really? What would that do to the blockchain (i.e., bloat)?

the blockchain will become more and more heavier

How to implement Blockchain 'trimming' has already been discussed and also referenced in the voting section of NRS version 1.5.0e. I think if you want a message to persists beyond each trim, there will be higher fees. But not sure yet so don't quote me
Activity: 574
April 07, 2015, 06:11:33 AM
But the first Gen 2.0 platform to host torrent sites anon will jump into the Top 3 market cap.

Hosting torrents sites could be a big deal for crypto coins. Actually it is already possible using Nxt messages to create apps hosting torrent links.

This is where Nxt needs to go... or some else will soon.

Create "scratch pad" temporary storage that will host html + backend custom data structure...
All controlled by a Java plug-in...
You are basically making the klunky Tor Project irrelevant by hosting "hidden sites" on Nxt platform...
With Ver 1.5 you can hack it by compressing data into permanent Arbitrary Message storage...
(I believe SuperNET already uses AM storage a lot so there is competition for this limited resource).

But you really need slightly more sophisticated p2p storage...
Remember you are only hosting web site content, not competing with Amazon and Google like Storj...  
And you also need some form of micropayments to replace the millions $$$ torrent sites generate from ads...
With Nxt it's 1 NXT (about $0.01) for everything... and that is very limiting.

Torrents are less evil than the fat, rich Hollywood lawyers prosecuting random downloaders...
While Hollywood posts record profits, the entire torrent space is under attack and in disarray = Big Opportunity  Smiley

Now you just need to find a dev, do the trustless crowdfunding using Nxt Monetary System and you'll be a millionaire by the end of the year  Grin
Activity: 33
Merit: 20
April 07, 2015, 06:00:26 AM
Yup...the next Nxt release (  Grin cheesy ) will allow a 40 kB payload per message, either clear or encrypted.
Hmm.....

the blockchain will become more and more heavier
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
April 06, 2015, 09:14:14 PM
But the first Gen 2.0 platform to host torrent sites anon will jump into the Top 3 market cap.

Hosting torrents sites could be a big deal for crypto coins. Actually it is already possible using Nxt messages to create apps hosting torrent links.

This is where Nxt needs to go... or some else will soon.

Create "scratch pad" temporary storage that will host html + backend custom data structure...
All controlled by a Java plug-in...
You are basically making the klunky Tor Project irrelevant by hosting "hidden sites" on Nxt platform...
With Ver 1.5 you can hack it by compressing data into permanent Arbitrary Message storage...
(I believe SuperNET already uses AM storage a lot so there is competition for this limited resource).

But you really need slightly more sophisticated p2p storage...
Remember you are only hosting web site content, not competing with Amazon and Google like Storj...  
And you also need some form of micropayments to replace the millions $$$ torrent sites generate from ads...
With Nxt it's 1 NXT (about $0.01) for everything... and that is very limiting.

Torrents are less evil than the fat, rich Hollywood lawyers prosecuting random downloaders...
While Hollywood posts record profits, the entire torrent space is under attack and in disarray = Big Opportunity  Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
April 06, 2015, 07:13:08 PM
Good question.....25 fully loaded AMs would add 1mB to the NXT blockchain, you can do the rest of the math from there.
There will need to be some pruning mechanism, I expect.
Anyhow, 1.5 is now on TestNet, so people are free to break it any way they like....
legendary
Activity: 924
April 06, 2015, 06:41:59 PM
Yup...the next Nxt release (  Grin cheesy ) will allow a 40 kB payload per message, either clear or encrypted.
Hmm.....

Activity: 854
April 06, 2015, 06:33:35 PM
Hmm.....
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
April 06, 2015, 03:18:15 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
April 05, 2015, 09:54:30 PM
At the moment the price of XEM is really pure speculation but that was no different from NEMstake from June 2014 to March 2015. .  I think NEM's mobile client is coming out in a week or weeks (...months?) but, as awesome it could end up being, I don't think it by itself will send XEM into the stratosphere..  because there's already some alts with mobile clients and it's not really a huge wow factor.

I own both NXT and NEM on the theory that ONE of them will do something right.

Is it too hard to understand that building toys for 50,000 crypto hobbyists is a Losing Game?

You have to target specific business niches that can benefit from a decentralized platform...
Like torrents, VPNs, hidden hosting, etc.

Torrent sites are dropping like flies...
Instead of building another freaking "market" so 17 yo can sell t-shirts...
Build a turnkey toolbox for hosting a torrent site...
There is endless open source code for this... tap into a specific $100 million business.

You'll need some simple p2p storage for web sites and back end...

NEM is a platform and XEM is the currency to support the network.  If someone wants to create their torrent thing then they could go with NEM, NXT platform or really a huge list of options to choose from.  There's a lot of coins with fairly open ecosystems and yet the person, you described, hasn't arrived into crypto to do this.

BTW - I would like to hear your model about a 2.0 / 3.0 platform hosting torrents without it being premium (pay to play) content.   A lot of online activity follows the radio model: where the responsibility to pay is shifted onto advertisers willing to pay a premium for product placement and that is how people get their free content.

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
April 05, 2015, 09:44:13 PM
It's just the whales keeping the price down so they can buy more.

Or the devs dumping the unclaimed stakes.
legendary
Activity: 1588
April 05, 2015, 09:04:30 PM
At the moment the price of XEM is really pure speculation but that was no different from NEMstake from June 2014 to March 2015. .  I think NEM's mobile client is coming out in a week or weeks (...months?) but, as awesome it could end up being, I don't think it by itself will send XEM into the stratosphere..  because there's already some alts with mobile clients and it's not really a huge wow factor.

I own both NXT and NEM on the theory that ONE of them will do something right.

Is it too hard to understand that building toys for 50,000 crypto hobbyists is a Losing Game?

You have to target specific business niches that can benefit from a decentralized platform...
Like torrents, VPNs, hidden hosting, etc.

Torrent sites are dropping like flies...
Instead of building another freaking "market" so 17 yo can sell t-shirts...
Build a turnkey toolbox for hosting a torrent site...
There is endless open source code for this... tap into a specific $100 million business.

You'll need some simple p2p storage for web sites and back end...
April 05, 2015, 12:11:45 PM

NEM Is released and trading? I must have missed the news.
Time to claim the coins if someone can provide a link.

nem launched march 31, 2015 at 19:00 UTC. About 2 hours later Poloniex opened trading for XEM/BTC. Currently XEM is only trading on poloniex. However it's speculated that more exchanges will become available this week and weeks to come.
Activity: 639
April 05, 2015, 09:48:42 AM

NEM Is released and trading? I must have missed the news.
Time to claim the coins if someone can provide a link.
Activity: 406
April 05, 2015, 07:28:14 AM
is there any evidence that puppet masters have consolidated socks into larger accounts?
legendary
Activity: 1232
mining is so 2012-2013
April 04, 2015, 09:43:42 PM
NEM gets on another exchange and there will be a lot of volatility up I think.
Pages:
Jump to: