Pages:
Author

Topic: (XEM) NEM Speculation thread - page 8. (Read 14585 times)

legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1143
The Cryptonumist
March 31, 2015, 12:38:40 PM
Will sock stakes still be used to reward harvesters?

If I remember rightly 10% of the sock stakes go towards harvesters which should last for several years. I could be totally wrong though.

not harvesters, those running nodes (i think) the accounts that boot the node will get the reward but i could be wrong. asking now.

Interested to hear this also
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
March 31, 2015, 12:06:45 PM

If I remember rightly 10% of the sock stakes go towards harvesters which should last for several years. I could be totally wrong though.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
March 31, 2015, 12:04:46 PM
We will be close 1000 satoshis  I guess
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
March 31, 2015, 12:02:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 1246
March 31, 2015, 12:01:28 PM
Initial price can be goosed as volumes slowly migrate to exchanges.  Best bet is after 24 hours.  Wink
Activity: 280
March 31, 2015, 11:59:20 AM
my bets are starting trades >500 sats...  Cool

Do I smell another NEMbet?

hmm... how much did i lose in the last one? lol

I forget, 50k?

that was it lol

hmm im going to refrain from this one..lol 50k nem could be worth thousands in the future Cheesy

Aw, come on. You gotta go double or nothing!  Tongue

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

for the good of distribution, and to show my confidence in the XEM marketprice, i will take you up.. Cheesy

the deal is.. if XEM trades above 500 sats in the first 6 hours, i win. deal? Tongue

What if it touches 700 sats but then recovers at around 300?
Do you check the final price or daily high?
legendary
Activity: 1105
March 31, 2015, 11:47:43 AM
my bets are starting trades >500 sats...  Cool

I forget, 50k?

that was it lol

hmm im going to refrain from this one..lol 50k nem could be worth thousands in the future Cheesy

Aw, come on. You gotta go double or nothing!  Tongue
legendary
March 31, 2015, 11:32:07 AM
my bets are starting trades >500 sats...  Cool

I forget, 50k?
legendary
March 31, 2015, 10:48:46 AM
my bets are starting trades >500 sats...  Cool

Activity: 153
Merit: 107
March 31, 2015, 07:47:20 AM
At least XEM will be somewhere between Qora and NXT positions. Similar distribution scheme, same functionality. One plus, there is no whales, but dolphins.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
March 31, 2015, 07:36:04 AM
IMHO one XEM will be at least the worth of one NXT.

So, NXT has a current worth of about 4300 sat. This means the worth of XEM will be around 500 sat.
Activity: 266
March 31, 2015, 05:15:51 AM
2500 sats within a month.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
March 31, 2015, 04:47:39 AM
Wow- it's been a while since I've been on this forum (had to take a break due to real-life events). Can someone update me on what's going on with NEM? I paid for one share when this was first starting up (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4925868) and mostly forgot about it. How do I claim my share?

Redemption has ended. You have lost your stake

If he's not a sock puppet and still has a token there is a chance for late redemption. That will be announced after launch.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
March 31, 2015, 04:45:48 AM
I seriously expect it to be in the top 10 on cmc and maybe even higher than some others might think.
legendary
Activity: 1876
March 31, 2015, 03:32:06 AM

What do litecoin & coffeecoin have that could possibly be worth supporting more than NXT or NEM, on purely self interest profit motive, or some higher ideal?

(go interrupted by real world work before finished answering earlier).

Litecoin for many reasons imeo is the best crypto todate, not perfect but the best we have to work with, there's real reasons its maintained number 1 alt for so long.
One of the few where the founder wasn't motivated by fiat, examined where all previous alts had failed and successfully created one that avoided previous faults.

Coffeecoin, well its crappier then crap, however I have a few business dealings in the coffee industry and was looking to create my own coffeecoin, could work in extremely well with fair trade initiatives.
a coffeecoin was created before I got mine up so I thought I could go with it........anyway not what i'd hoped so i left when others had their own plans for it (wanted to keep it as another shitcoin and wouldn't go along with a bigger more useful plan, which left me dumbfounded but what can u do).

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 31, 2015, 02:50:11 AM
Wow- it's been a while since I've been on this forum (had to take a break due to real-life events). Can someone update me on what's going on with NEM? I paid for one share when this was first starting up (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4925868) and mostly forgot about it. How do I claim my share?

Redemption has ended. You have lost your stake
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
March 31, 2015, 02:17:14 AM
legendary
Activity: 1876
March 31, 2015, 01:38:57 AM

can't say i've ever exchanged fiat for crypto or crypto for fiat myself.
having been around cryptos a long time, can't say i'm lacking in crypto holding department.

lol price and worth are too different things, not interested in nxt crap either....anything along the nxt clone line is worthless crap same as nxt

as for thread counts...yes just getting in early a NEM spam is on the increase n we can see where tis going.

I love reading your posts lol ... your ego has cost you so much value (crypto and/or fiat). Who cares how old your 'kelsey' account is, you've made some really bad investment decisions that cost you huge amounts of value that you could exchange into anything you chose. You're doing it again with NEM. Are you really a pro at this stuff?

not driven by profits and because of that I'm doing very ok in crypto holdings.

Can I ask what is your motivation if it's not profits? I am a believer in the cause of decentralisation including money and finances, and with that in mind I think NXT is a stand out, and NEM probably will be also. PoS is superior to PoW, so it's a no-brainer. Both have very committed communities.

What do litecoin & coffeecoin have that could possibly be worth supporting more than NXT or NEM, on purely self interest profit motive, or some higher ideal?

I think some people who were on this forum in 2011/2012 are angry that the best devs & coins came after they arrived, so their once exclusive position is gone. By far the most intelligent comments on this forum come from people who signed up in mid 2013 onwards.

ok atleast an intelligent line of questioning.

my motivation is for the development of a useable real alt currency to the bank controlled fiat. i've always said the only decent thing to come out of crypto so far is the idea.

why?
well i earn a very decent living, many of my income sources are international. i'm very much a law abiding citizen, but i am finding i'm increasingly being treated like a criminal by various gov explaining what is legally obtained fiat, in my own country (as a registered sophisticated investor) i'm a compulsory audit Sad
other countries I work in i'm treated like a criminal trying to get my own legally earned money out of the country.

all these new anti laundry laws make life hard for many law abiding decent earners.

so yeah thats my crytpo motivation.

and to be honest my lack of transfering crypto to fiat is because of the extra audit headaches it would cause....(but it helps portray a holier the thou image Wink )

i'm not at all angry new coins have arrived, more frustrated with the amount of shitcoins for pump profit that arrived, and on the opposite side the default belief if its not bitcoin code its an innovative step in the right direction.

i see the opposite to you, i believe the IQ of this place is inversely proportional to the price of btc v USD.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 31, 2015, 01:07:11 AM
I think 400-500 satoshis each XEM
Activity: 190
Merit: 10
March 31, 2015, 01:05:19 AM

can't say i've ever exchanged fiat for crypto or crypto for fiat myself.
having been around cryptos a long time, can't say i'm lacking in crypto holding department.

lol price and worth are too different things, not interested in nxt crap either....anything along the nxt clone line is worthless crap same as nxt

as for thread counts...yes just getting in early a NEM spam is on the increase n we can see where tis going.

I love reading your posts lol ... your ego has cost you so much value (crypto and/or fiat). Who cares how old your 'kelsey' account is, you've made some really bad investment decisions that cost you huge amounts of value that you could exchange into anything you chose. You're doing it again with NEM. Are you really a pro at this stuff?

not driven by profits and because of that I'm doing very ok in crypto holdings.

Can I ask what is your motivation if it's not profits? I am a believer in the cause of decentralisation including money and finances, and with that in mind I think NXT is a stand out, and NEM probably will be also. PoS is superior to PoW, so it's a no-brainer. Both have very committed communities.

I think some people who were on this forum in 2011/2012 are angry that the best devs & coins came after they arrived, so their once exclusive position is gone. By far the most intelligent comments on this forum come from people who signed up in mid 2013 onwards.
Pages:
Jump to: