Pages:
Author

Topic: (XEM) NEM Speculation thread - page 5. (Read 14585 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2015, 05:58:37 PM
Coinsy isn't from the core development team or the marketing team - he's just one of the thousands of people who are NEM / XEM holders, including me, it is Our NEM.

At the moment the price of XEM is really pure speculation but that was no different from NEMstake from June 2014 to March 2015. .  I think NEM's mobile client is coming out in a week or weeks (...months?) but, as awesome it could end up being, I don't think it by itself will send XEM into the stratosphere..  because there's already some alts with mobile clients and it's not really a huge wow factor.

In terms of speculation I'm only really seeing:

1. NEM has to avoid hacks / thefts and then it can promote itself as being the safest / most secured crypto currency (due to Cosigning, Eigentrust++, et al).  Yes exchange theft can be prevented if they all implement cosigning with funds.

2. AltNemo / Ecosystem has to take off

3. User adoption (which will probably be the result of the above two, plus some marketing).

There's also always the scenario that the Chinese come in and pump (like they did with NXT, BTS, et cetera) but that will only send a coin to around $60-$100 million and what goes up must come down.. and it doesn't goess well for a coin's reputation if people get burned by extreme volatility..

Volatility is inevitable.  You just have to fight through it.  That's crypto.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
April 04, 2015, 05:15:37 PM
Coinsy isn't from the core development team or the marketing team - he's just one of the thousands of people who are NEM / XEM holders, including me, it is Our NEM.

At the moment the price of XEM is really pure speculation but that was no different from NEMstake from June 2014 to March 2015. .  I think NEM's mobile client is coming out in a week or weeks (...months?) but, as awesome it could end up being, I don't think it by itself will send XEM into the stratosphere..  because there's already some alts with mobile clients and it's not really a huge wow factor.

In terms of speculation I'm only really seeing:

1. NEM has to avoid hacks / thefts and then it can promote itself as being the safest / most secured crypto currency (due to Cosigning, Eigentrust++, et al).  Yes exchange theft can be prevented if they all implement cosigning with funds.

2. AltNemo / Ecosystem has to take off

3. User adoption (which will probably be the result of the above two, plus some marketing).

There's also always the scenario that the Chinese come in and pump (like they did with NXT, BTS, et cetera) but that will only send a coin to around $60-$100 million and what goes up must come down.. and it doesn't goess well for a coin's reputation if people get burned by extreme volatility..

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
April 04, 2015, 05:03:42 PM

Meh, so you had a successful launch...
And your value is down about 10% from where it traded on NXT AE ($3,000,000 cap).

Not much you can do on NEM, is there...
And any plans for exchanges/markets are discussion stage ONLY.

https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/decentralized-market-based-on-nem-platform/

You're just fighting over the 50,000 hardcore crypto junkies...
NEM with its NIS, NCC, delegated harvesting, secret POI formula, etc = techie jargon...
And 64 bit desktop Java requirements NEM was not exactly designed by Apple for real people.

Personally, I want NEM to succeed because it directly helps NXT... maybe you pull a rabbit out of the hat.

But you will always be one year behind NXT and it's gonna be a long, hard slog under 100 sats...
Unless you guys can get existing Dark Net businesses to move to NEM (which NXT has failed to do).

If I recall correctly NXT was down towards the bottom of the barrel on Marketcap its first couple days after launch.

It's a very bad sign when you cannot answer with NEM's merits... but change the subject to ancient NXT history.

You were talking about marketcaps. You said NEM's marketcap wasn't very good after launch, and then you compared it to NXT. So I replied that NXT (which I'm not hating on at all) had a very small marketcap when it launched. I remember because everyone thought DGEX was shady and was avoiding it, and suddenly NXT skyrocketed to almost $.08-.10. My point being, give NEM some time to breath before you write it off.
legendary
Activity: 1588
April 04, 2015, 03:21:07 PM

And your value is down about 10% from where it traded on NXT AE ($3,000,000 cap).

https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/decentralized-market-based-on-nem-platform/

NEM with its NIS, NCC, delegated harvesting, secret POI formula, etc = techie jargon...
And 64 bit desktop Java requirements NEM was not exactly designed by Apple for real people.

Personally, I want NEM to succeed because it directly helps NXT... maybe you pull a rabbit out of the hat.

But you will always be one year behind NXT and it's gonna be a long, hard slog under 100 sats...
Unless you guys can get existing Dark Net businesses to move to NEM (which NXT has failed to do).

If I recall correctly NXT was down towards the bottom of the barrel on Marketcap its first couple days after launch.

It's a very bad sign when you cannot answer with NEM's merits... but change the subject to ancient NXT history.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012
vertex output parameter not completely initialized
April 04, 2015, 04:38:11 AM
How about a NEMstake reward for the number of original stakeholders who never sell the smallest decimal exactly 1 year from now  Cheesy

3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
April 03, 2015, 09:15:17 AM
First week on exchange and in top 20 on cmc plus volume is pretty good too. NEM is doing great compare to other launches.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
April 03, 2015, 03:59:12 AM
Remember only 1,600 ish stakes are issued the rest are tied up in development funds or something. So it is rarer than 9b right now.
Activity: 265
April 03, 2015, 03:52:15 AM
We need Fiat!

Yes that's what collecting a NEM stake is 100% about  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
April 03, 2015, 03:36:07 AM
This "coin" (if you can even call it that) is a ridiculous money grab by a bunch of liars, cheaters and thieves.  I feel sorry for the people who buy into this joke.  PoI is fundamentally flawed because there is no way to prevent network topology loops.

Were your sock puppets shitcanned?  Cheesy

No.  I'm not a liar like the rest of these cheaters and I only claimed ONE STAKE.  I can guarantee you the only sockpuppets that were "canned" were ones that weren't controlled by UtopianFuture and the devs.
legendary
April 03, 2015, 03:31:52 AM
This "coin" (if you can even call it that) is a ridiculous money grab by a bunch of liars, cheaters and thieves.  I feel sorry for the people who buy into this joke.  PoI is fundamentally flawed because there is no way to prevent network topology loops.

Were your sock puppets shitcanned?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
April 03, 2015, 12:24:54 AM
Activity: 163
April 02, 2015, 11:29:36 PM

legendary
Activity: 1588
April 02, 2015, 09:22:56 PM

legendary
April 01, 2015, 04:45:28 PM
How about a NEMstake reward for the number of original stakeholders who never sell the smallest decimal exactly 1 year from now  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
April 01, 2015, 03:48:48 PM
1 NEM stake = how much XEM?

Oh that's not too bad then. I was looking at Poloniex and I thought with a bit of a sell off one stake would be worth a lot less now but that's still a pretty decent chunk of money.

yeah its impressive that the market has bounced back so well from 2 big dumps.. just hit 300 312btc volume too. investor interest is certainly strong. a lot of people will be delighted getting something of real value for a forum post and trivial payment for registration Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
April 01, 2015, 02:55:58 PM

Oh that's not too bad then. I was looking at Poloniex and I thought with a bit of a sell off one stake would be worth a lot less now but that's still a pretty decent chunk of money.
legendary
Activity: 1568
April 01, 2015, 11:14:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
April 01, 2015, 11:12:33 AM
Activity: 132
April 01, 2015, 09:56:08 AM
I thought it will start @ ¨500 satoshis levels and decrease by time to 250 satoshis. I decreased to 80ish satoshi level.

But rather than selling Im a buyer below 100 satoshis and already bought 2 million. Even if you dont find this coin so cool , -I believe- there is not too much risk @ buyin this price band. And Im nearly certain about not more than 1 month we will 250 satoshis.

Not an investment advice. Make your own decision.
Activity: 280
April 01, 2015, 09:51:10 AM
There are 97 million available for sale on Poloniex already. Not exactly a rare coin now.

Of 8,999,999,999. I'd say that's pretty rare.

That's barely 1% for sale on the sell order book. The other 99% are holding.

And:
--Market cap is already in the top 20, just a few slots from Counterparty
--24 hour Volume/liquidity are already in top 10 (above Dogecoin, NXT, Shadowcash).
--Whitepaper on the POI innovation isn't even out yet
--News on direct fiat gateways are imminent (btc middlemen need not apply)
--it's only on one exchange, with more slated, including btc38 in China...
--biggest single post-launch 5-minute dump on the chart so far has been for only 16 BTC, and it's stabilising/rising now.

So far, NEM seems to be living up to its brand advertising: No one has a big chunk to megadump, making this coin megadump-resistant.

All that, and it's just Day 1.

Pages:
Jump to: