Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 37. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
With the last version 0.33b5 i'm not that sure the best multi_hash is the max any longer. To be tested, but on my two RX560 one 2G one 4G, the 4G is no longer the fastest. And high values tend to make the hashrate less stable on RX.
I tried to lower multi_hash for heavy algo. It makes speed more stable, but it became slower.
Activity: 80
Merit: 13
Hi, why the hash rate fluctuations? haven heavy or v8 on 4gb.... most fluctuate much..... on 2x 570 and one 560, the hash rate fluctuates on them as if its linked..... Multi hash not really much influential, however that 0.33b5 is Really fast..... samsung 8gb rx 470, haven, 1130 h/s etc. But some other GPUs are very low rate although they have good timings multi hash 944x2 , 8 work size on heavy 8 gb works but some doesnt like it..... dropping to 960+896 or even 896X2 doesn't fix much

I have up to date windows, fresh reset, 18.6.1 drivers..... more than enough virtual memory but only 4gb of ram. windows up to date. slots are 1.1 pcie tried going 2.0 yesterday , didnt notice much difference.

last i used was one of thos 0.31 copies that were slow in mining start, used to steadliy on hynix 8gb give 1090 h/s with 944 multi hash X2
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
1033ruben

exactly with JCE miner it is complitly simple:

open the miner folder - find "start", click right mouse on it .edit.

then just change:

1. pool address
2. port number
3. ssl or no ssl
4. wallet adress.payment id
5.chosse algo : in the end of the list write number
6. last line is the .bat ( if you want change some paramaters, please read the help, does mean start the help.bat

so, for example my simple bat:

jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe --no-cpu -g 1,2,3,4 --bus-order --doublecheck --watchdog 10 --retrydelay 10 --keepalive --auto --any --forever --variation %FORK% --low -o %POOL%:%PORT% -u %WALLET% -p %PASSWORD% %SSL% %*

Cheesy
Activity: 22
yes hello to all i would really like to try this miner out but i just cant/dont understand how to Start it up. I know with xmr stak and srb i would just run the application and then i would fill in the blanks. and then i could edit/ tweak from there i have 4 mining rigs 2 nvidia and 2 amd. i am currently running cryptonight on both of my amd and also on my 2 nvidia rigs cpus. any help would be great it is for a 6800k, ryzen5 1600 and an 8700k. my last irg is a lowly g4400. again any help would be greatly appreciated on how to get this miner up and running.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
You (or someone else with proper skills) need to bake a proper x16r miner for AMD. Anything so far has been grossly underwhelming.

Did you try Wildrig on X16R?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wildrig-multi-0351-beta-2-multi-algo-miner-for-amd-nvidia-5023676

I've just begun testing it and I don't know yet if it's worth.
Yes I have.
No it's not better.

Just another "optimisation" of a stone-age SGminer kernel from Wolf0.
Activity: 54
You (or someone else with proper skills) need to bake a proper x16r miner for AMD. Anything so far has been grossly underwhelming.

Did you try Wildrig on X16R?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wildrig-multi-0351-beta-2-multi-algo-miner-for-amd-nvidia-5023676

I've just begun testing it and I don't know yet if it's worth.
I'm experimenting a very different implementation, JCE Hybrid Miner, with the AES job done by the CPU in a split second (because an AES CPU is basically an AES one-cycle asic) and only the scratchpad done by the GPU, with the requirement the CPU is aes-compatible, and the GPU memory relocated is above 4G (option in most BIOSes).
If it works, performance should skyrockets Smiley The bottleneck is the synchronization, which is fine on OpenCL for FPGA (like Intel or Xilix) but not on AMD GPUs.

Let me know if you need any independent beta-testing Wink

Activity: 11
Same as mentioned but multi_hash 992 gave me 1840-1890 on vega56 but... I had to stop mining heavy with this miner for now as the hashrate is not stable at all. It can be 16** or 18** or even 15**. I tried tons of settings, it looks to be random. The same goes for rx5** series. Sometimes I have 650hs sometimes 1020. From the very same gpu with the very same freqs/voltages. Rx560 4gb perform much better in previous versions , they deliver stable 590-600hs, and only 460 with this version.
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
Nice, i'll publish that config in the Github documentation, that's just the best CN-Heavy mining setup so far (JCE+Vega56) in term of efficiency. Cheesy
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
I am trying out JCE for the first time.
Getting 1660h/s per card.
What would be the best config for Vega 56's on BittubeV2?

This is my config.

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 0, "multi_hash":464 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta":4, "index" : 0, "multi_hash":464 },
],

Thanks
Alpha 128, multi_hash as high as possible.

I use alpha:64 and multi_hash:896 on Vega56 and i have 1700 h/s which is a 21% increase than previous version where i had around 1400 h/s.
Great work DEV!
Tnx for this great miner!
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
With the last version 0.33b5 i'm not that sure the best multi_hash is the max any longer. To be tested, but on my two RX560 one 2G one 4G, the 4G is no longer the fastest. And high values tend to make the hashrate less stable on RX.

Linux version: unlikely, by lack of time. I'm struggling at keeping the dev up and i still have to do support on the CPU version.
Again, little support today sorry Sad

nVidia version (question i skipped before): very very unlikely, i dev in OpenCL, not Cuda, and nVidia's OpenCL somehow sucks.

I'm experimenting a very different implementation, JCE Hybrid Miner, with the AES job done by the CPU in a split second (because an AES CPU is basically an AES one-cycle asic) and only the scratchpad done by the GPU, with the requirement the CPU is aes-compatible, and the GPU memory relocated is above 4G (option in most BIOSes).
If it works, performance should skyrockets Smiley The bottleneck is the synchronization, which is fine on OpenCL for FPGA (like Intel or Xilix) but not on AMD GPUs.

This is my config.

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
],

Thanks
Alpha 128, multi_hash as high as possible.
Activity: 37
Will there be a linux GPU version soon mate ?=)
Activity: 230
Merit: 1

This is my config.

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
],

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
I just started mining CN heavy with my old cards. At the beginning very unstable hash and power draw. After 10-15 mins it stabilizes. On auto settings I get for 390's -> 560 h/s (175W power draw, they are all -150 mV), for 280x -> 360 h/s (120W power draw, they are varios UV -100 or -60 mV). Are there any settings for the config parameters that can increase the hash?

Edit. After experimenting with the multi_hash, I got 390's -> 650 h/s and 280x -> 390 h/s.
Merci Lermite!

No worries about graphics/compute & crossfire. Got all that covered in registry.

"multi hash" was definitely the culprit. Getting much better values now that I reduced the rates. 480 was failing so I went down to 416. All cards worked. Slowly working my way back up now to find optimal value.
On different versions of Windows and drivers there is different amount of free videomemory on cards. So you just must try to lower multi_hash parameters multiples of 16. F.e. 464, 448, 432, 416.
On heavy algo more multi_hash gives more speed. But if there is not enough videomemory, miner not always gives error, often it just significant decrease speed... This maybe Windows problem, when on start of miner it gives more videomemory than it gives it after launching, or something else...
Merci Lermite!

No worries about graphics/compute & crossfire. Got all that covered in registry.

"multi hash" was definitely the culprit. Getting much better values now that I reduced the rates. 480 was failing so I went down to 416. All cards worked. Slowly working my way back up now to find optimal value.
Hmmm I think I have an idea, I might have left some CPU-config code in the file. Editing that away.
I assume the conf above is ths only parameters you've set? Nothing else?
Here is my whole config for CN Heavy:

"GPU 0" is the RX 570 4G:
Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 1, "use_cache" : true },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 2, "use_cache" : false },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 3, "use_cache" : false },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 5, "use_cache" : true },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 6, "use_cache" : false },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 7, "use_cache" : false },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 9, "use_cache" : true },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 10, "use_cache" : false },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 11, "use_cache" : false },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 13, "use_cache" : true },
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 14, "use_cache" : false },   
   { "cpu_architecture" : "ryzen", "affine_to_cpu" : 15, "use_cache" : false },       
],

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
  { "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 0, "multi_hash": 480 },
  { "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 0, "multi_hash": 480 },
  { "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 1, "multi_hash": 496 },
  { "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 1, "multi_hash": 496 },
  { "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 2, "multi_hash": 464 },
  { "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 2, "multi_hash": 464 }, 
]

https://puissanceled.com/vrac/OverdriveNTool_CG6_CNH.png

https://puissanceled.com/vrac/GPUZ_CG6_CNH.png
I don't know why this forum replaces my images by link.

Some possible explanations of your issue:
 - your card "Workload" value is "Graphics" instead of "Compute"
 - Crossfire is enabled
 - The index in your config file doesn't point the right card.

The JCE miner is provided with a file "probe.bat". You should launch it because it displays all the mining capable devices, including the graphic cards in their index order.
Multihash 480? Wow that's quite a bit lower than what I was trying to tweak with. No wonder it wasn't even starting.
Ok so that seems to work now... however speeds are terrible. avg 270 h/s per 570. What am I doing wrong?
I have no clue.
Mine is mining XHV at 945 h/s with:
GPU clock: 1380 MHz
GPU voltage: 1000 mV
Mem clock: 2110 MHz
Timing from PBE 1.6.7 and Samsung memory.

Hmmm I think I have an idea, I might have left some CPU-config code in the file. Editing that away.
I assume the conf above is ths only parameters you've set? Nothing else?

EDIT: nope. Still doesn't work. Well, it doesn't crash anymore, but hashrate is zero.  Sad

Also, to be sure: I've got a 7x RX570 rig. My GPU0 is IGFX. I assume I should then use -g 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in start.bat and index should start with 1 in the GPU config file?

EDIT2: I think I'm getting there. Apologies, I seem to be talking to myself... but yeah. Removed the CPU parameters, and lowered multi-hash a little bit more. Now suddenly hashrates increase. It's a proper tweaking exercise, this miner.

@JCE: your "auto" parameters must be way too high for 4GB Ellesmere GPUs.
Multihash 480? Wow that's quite a bit lower than what I was trying to tweak with. No wonder it wasn't even starting.
Ok so that seems to work now... however speeds are terrible. avg 270 h/s per 570. What am I doing wrong?
I have no clue.
Mine is mining XHV at 945 h/s with:
GPU clock: 1380 MHz
GPU voltage: 1000 mV
Mem clock: 2110 MHz
Timing from PBE 1.6.7 and Samsung memory.
Pages:
Jump to: