Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 38. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Is there any known problem with RX570 (4GB) initialisation on auto mode?
Can anybody share a working manual config for CN_Haven algo please?

Here is mine:
Code:
{ "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 0, "multi_hash": 480 },
{ "mode": "GPU", "worksize": 8, "alpha": 64, "beta": 8, "index": 0, "multi_hash": 480 },

Multihash 480? Wow that's quite a bit lower than what I was trying to tweak with. No wonder it wasn't even starting.
Ok so that seems to work now... however speeds are terrible. avg 270 h/s per 570. What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

Here is mine:
Code:
Problem with my RX570 rig... miner crashes after init on startup, right after the pool sends the new diff. Haven't changed clocks from what I used with SRB. Any ideas/suggestions? Using tuned straps but nothing out of the ordinary.
Activity: 340
Merit: 29
My findings are similar to what some others have reported.

I tested TUBE on the latest version 0.33b5 on two different identical rigs, each with 6 x  8GB RX 580, with the only difference being one is on Adrenalin 18.6.1 drivers and the other is 18.5.1.

With each rig, only one GPU out of 6 reaches maximum hashrate (approx 1220 h/s), and the other 5 GPUs level out around 990 - 995 h/s. I have tried various multihash settings as well as other greeks but this issue remains regardless.

If I use the --no-warmup switch, 3 (sometimes 4) of 6 GPUs (for both rigs) will reach maximum hashrate (up to 1180 h/s) and the others will remain in the upper 900s h/s.

How long are you waiting for max hashrate?  I had found even w/ previous versions, that w/ a larger number of cards (6+?) dialed to max efficiency, I often had to wait way longer than the normal warm-up window to stabilize on max hash rates - possibly as long as 30min to an hour.  I would see the same behavior you are describing, where a couple of the GPUs (different ones every restart) would hash a couple hundred h/s lower for a while, before finally deciding to join the rest of the rig at the max hashrate.

As it would almost always get to the right level sooner or later, and then usually stay there, I wasn't terribly concerned.  Though at some point i did start wrapping the miner call in an auto-restart loop w/ a hashrate watchdog, which could sometimes get the rig to the proper h/r sooner.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
My GPU hash 0 h/s after 2 minutes...using auto config or manual, any help? (RX580 4g)
Too much overclock or undervoltage.

Latest version needs to fix... Speed on heavy algo isn't stable for a long time...
And what about cards with 3,5Gb of vram? On my Pitcairn 270X 4Gb(3,5Gb OpenCL) speed on heavy algo is almost the same as in previous versions, but fee more...
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
My GPU hash 0 h/s after 2 minutes...using auto config or manual, any help? (RX580 4g)
Activity: 11
My findings are similar to what some others have reported.

I tested TUBE on the latest version 0.33b5 on two different identical rigs, each with 6 x  8GB RX 580, with the only difference being one is on Adrenalin 18.6.1 drivers and the other is 18.5.1.

With each rig, only one GPU out of 6 reaches maximum hashrate (approx 1220 h/s), and the other 5 GPUs level out around 990 - 995 h/s. I have tried various multihash settings as well as other greeks but this issue remains regardless.

If I use the --no-warmup switch, 3 (sometimes 4) of 6 GPUs (for both rigs) will reach maximum hashrate (up to 1180 h/s) and the others will remain in the upper 900s h/s.

Problem with my RX570 rig... miner crashes after init on startup, right after the pool sends the new diff. Haven't changed clocks from what I used with SRB. Any ideas/suggestions? Using tuned straps but nothing out of the ordinary.
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
I'm aware the new versions have problems with hashrate stability, i need to tune this.

a watchdog based on temperature? why didn't i thought of it earlier? great idea, will be in next version, or the one after. Smiley

no more support for now sorry, running out of time.
Activity: 54
I have a weird issue with the 0.33b5 on the CN V8 (XMR).
Both my two RX 570 start running at ~1005 h/s, which is nice.
But after a random time, from 2 minutes to several hours, one of the cards (randomly again) has his hashrate suddenly dropping to ~960 h/s and it stays at this value until the miner is restarted.

If my settings were wrong, such with a too high multi-hash, the hashrate would drop always after the same duration, pretty soon after the miner is started, and not randomly as it happens to both my cards.
Activity: 37
OH I saw on your to do list the temp controls was done! I can see the temps! But i can't find it in the docs anywhere to set a stop temp. if they exceed lets say 88deg :O
Activity: 37
NICE work JCE! Testing out now. But I have one question. Does this miner have a major important feature like. TEMPERATURE CONTROL? I mean if the temps are too high can you make it stop that card which overheats? Not necasarily control fans. But at the very least stop temp.  ?=)
Breaking change

When I started JCE-GPU, my competitors where SRB and Claymore. The JCE fees were aligned with SRB (0.9%) on purpose.
Now the game has changed, Claymore is obsolete and the lead in performances is TeamRed. I'm getting on-par with him on v8, but i still lacked a decent implementation for Heavy-class to completely outperform SRB, leave it behind and have only one real competitor. I'm like Stalin, i avoid having two opponents at the same time.

Dedicated to UnclWish who asked for it for a long time, here comes...

JCE GPU 0.33b5 with +20% performance on Heavy/Haven/Tube

...at the cost of how much increase in power draw?

power consumption is similar to other heavy implementations; should be lower than what cnv7 used to draw.
After testing for 1.5hrs on my 6x Vega56@64 rig I can see 15% hashrate increase for 6% more power (using automatic settings). Not bad, actually. Will have to see if I can tweak when I get some time tomorrow.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Breaking change

When I started JCE-GPU, my competitors where SRB and Claymore. The JCE fees were aligned with SRB (0.9%) on purpose.
Now the game has changed, Claymore is obsolete and the lead in performances is TeamRed. I'm getting on-par with him on v8, but i still lacked a decent implementation for Heavy-class to completely outperform SRB, leave it behind and have only one real competitor. I'm like Stalin, i avoid having two opponents at the same time.

power consumption is similar to other heavy implementations; should be lower than what cnv7 used to draw.
Activity: 121
I cant get any increase above what I get with xmrig
Breaking change

Strange situation with 1 of my 580 8G cards... After 7-10 minutes speed became max. After another 5-10 minutes speed drops about 20% and didn't rise after that...
I am giving this a go on a rig with two 7950's but I get CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR -1001

Windows 7

Any ideas please?
GPU miner works only on Windows 8.1+
Activity: 121
I am giving this a go on a rig with two 7950's but I get CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR -1001

Windows 7

Any ideas please?
Activity: 1

Hello everyone.

I am new here. Been using a couple of miners. Now i am testing JCE miner.
So far so good. Easy to get going. For now using default settings.

Testnig on 2 miners, Crypto-Lite algo, with some Pitcairn and Baffin cards.

I am wondering why am I getting so many "stale" shares?
Pages:
Jump to: