Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 48. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
I know the performances are bad, i didn't even optimize it, i use the reference implementation from Monero. I rushed to provide a version that just works on common cards before the fork, but that's a very bad timing for me as i've almost no time to dev until november.
The CPU version however has been optimized and should be the fastest miner in all cases.
Yes, v8 works but speed is low... Now it's need optimizations...
On nicehash exists so v7 as v8... But profit on v8 is very-very low yet...
Maybe on nicehash you make auto-chosing of algo due to adress pointed to connect? This would be pretty nice... If I point cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com I can mine only v7 not any other algo...
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hello,

Any ideas why this is failing? Only with the latest version.

Code:
18:40:06 | Connecting to mining pool killallasics.moneroworld.com:7777 ...
18:40:06 | Fonero (FNO) Mining session starts!

During mining time, press:
 h      display hashrate for each mining thread.
 r      display full report.
 p      pause all.
 u      pause CPUs.
 0-F    pause GPU 0-15.
 t      GPU temperature and fan speed.
 q      quit.

18:40:06 | GPU Compute allocation starts at 80% and reaches 100% after ~5min,
18:40:06 | during this time, the hashrate may be unstable and inconsistent.
18:40:06 | Let the miner warm-up if you're tuning for performance.
18:40:06 | Connected to pool. Now logging in...
18:40:06 | Successfuly logged as 9v4vTVwqZzfjCFyPi7b9Uv1hHntJxycC4XvRyEscqwtq8aycw5xGpTxFyasurgf2KRBfbdAJY4AVcemL1JCegXU4EZfMtaz
18:40:06 | Pool changes Difficulty to 10000.
Abort was called at 318 line in file:
D:\qb\workspace\19992\src\vpg-compute-neo\runtime\os_interface\windows\wddm.cpp
Press any key to continue . . .

Activity: 350
Merit: 22
I know the performances are bad, i didn't even optimize it, i use the reference implementation from Monero. I rushed to provide a version that just works on common cards before the fork, but that's a very bad timing for me as i've almost no time to dev until november.
The CPU version however has been optimized and should be the fastest miner in all cases.
Activity: 46
Hi all!

I read the status:
* CPU version works fine
* GPU on RX and Vega works. Not optimized yet, and speed is terrible on RX550 as you report, but it works.
* GPU compile hangs on old cards

I'll have very very little dev time until end of this month, i'll do my best to fix the Pitcairn/older cards version but not sure at all. And i'll be away of my rigs, with remote debugging not on option (remote bench is possible, but not remote dev which implies sending clear code through network).
Considering how i had to rush the gpu version, it's not that bad. Cry
I add a warning in the GPU doc telling the V8 may hang on older cards.

JCE has no autoswitch yet, at the moment of the fork, you'll have to stop it, remove the --variation 3, and restart it.

@Nightworker88:
The GPU autoconfig aims at being safe but is not optimal, try to play with the parameter multi_hash, alpha and beta to get optimal performance. The GPU doc
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_gpu_miner
provides some example, but they are still for Monero v7
For CPU, autoconfig aims for absolute performance.

to use a manual config, remove any parameter --auto and add - c config.txt with config.txt being your configuration file. The package comes with an example.
Be careful, if you use a manual config, you'll have to set the CPU config manually too.

Does it means that after the fork V7 stops to works and v8 will be instead of it? What about heavy and other v7/cryptonight childs algos?
On Monero currency, yes, but that's a Monero affair. For JCE, V8 is just yet another fork, number 15, other coins that remain on V7 like Graft will be mineable as-is with no change. Heavy, Turtle, Bittube are not concerned, they stay on their respective algo, and are still mineable with JCE 0.33

One question arises: what to do with the marketplaces like Nicehash? I currently default them to V7, but I should switch them to V8 by default in a near future.

V8 is very bad for Vega
Vega64 only have 15xx h/s
Use SRB have 20xx h/s
Hi all!

I read the status:
* CPU version works fine
* GPU on RX and Vega works. Not optimized yet, and speed is terrible on RX550 as you report, but it works.
* GPU compile hangs on old cards

I'll have very very little dev time until end of this month, i'll do my best to fix the Pitcairn/older cards version but not sure at all. And i'll be away of my rigs, with remote debugging not on option (remote bench is possible, but not remote dev which implies sending clear code through network).
Considering how i had to rush the gpu version, it's not that bad. Cry
I add a warning in the GPU doc telling the V8 may hang on older cards.

JCE has no autoswitch yet, at the moment of the fork, you'll have to stop it, remove the --variation 3, and restart it.

@Nightworker88:
The GPU autoconfig aims at being safe but is not optimal, try to play with the parameter multi_hash, alpha and beta to get optimal performance. The GPU doc
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_gpu_miner
provides some example, but they are still for Monero v7
For CPU, autoconfig aims for absolute performance.

to use a manual config, remove any parameter --auto and add - c config.txt with config.txt being your configuration file. The package comes with an example.
Be careful, if you use a manual config, you'll have to set the CPU config manually too.

Does it means that after the fork V7 stops to works and v8 will be instead of it? What about heavy and other v7/cryptonight childs algos?
On Monero currency, yes, but that's a Monero affair. For JCE, V8 is just yet another fork, number 15, other coins that remain on V7 like Graft will be mineable as-is with no change. Heavy, Turtle, Bittube are not concerned, they stay on their respective algo, and are still mineable with JCE 0.33

One question arises: what to do with the marketplaces like Nicehash? I currently default them to V7, but I should switch them to V8 by default in a near future.
Activity: 64
Hello JCE- Miner

last days i tried your really awesome cpu miner! -on all of my rigs -perfect hash!!

-- sorry for Mr. Claymore, i was using all his miners now for years,  cpu and amd, but he nearly stopped developing .......

want use from now on your GPU Miner, but i am an technician engineer, know a lot of ms windows and server, but i am not for programming ...

SO my first important questions:

1.) which drivers do you recommend to use, i have only R9 290(x) 4GB (some 8 GB) -i used Crimson 15.12, cause of Mr. Claymore suggestion ( tried Adrenalin 18.6.1, less hash)
2.) with auto config i get about 120-150 hash less on V7 than on Claymore`s Crypto.

any idea what could i try in a config file?? (last two days i tried a lot, but i am sure i made more wrong Huh Huh Huh Cheesy than i checked!)

thanks much - have really "some" rigs and would really like to change for your miner, but difference in the end is big with auto settings and now i just gave up, my head is smoking Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 190
Merit: 59
I tried now on my home pc with Vega 64 and hashrate went from 2200 to about 1550 Sad Sad I tried mining wownero
Did you read what the author wrote about this version?

By the way - wownero v8 on RX550 2GB (Win 10 "64bit 1809", drivers 18.10.1) -  260 h/s,
 monero v7 - 530 h/s

No  Grin Grin I just downloaded. I go to see  Cheesy
Activity: 11
I tried now on my home pc with Vega 64 and hashrate went from 2200 to about 1550 Sad Sad I tried mining wownero
Did you read what the author wrote about this version?

By the way, on the same settings - wownero v8 on RX550 2GB (Win 10 "64bit 1809", drivers 18.10.1) -  260 h/s,
 monero v7 - 530 h/s
Activity: 190
Merit: 59
Did anybody try v8 with Vega cards? I tried now on my home pc with Vega 64 and hashrate went from 2200 to about 1550 Sad Sad I tried mining wownero
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
No change for other cryptos that use V7 or CN based algo unless they announce a fork.
JCE still contains all historical forks, Monero V8 is just the 15th in the list.

XMR and WOW wallets default to V8 (xmr in advance of 2 days), other are unchanged. So, to mine XMR before the fork, force it back to V7 with --variation 3. After, keep automatic mode.

Internally, V8 is not a superset of V7, like MSR or B2N are, it's a very new fork, with a very different scratchpad loop. And for the first time, it involves floating-point compute.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
hi

how will work jce in the moment of the fork?
if i put --variation 3---->v7 ok no v8
if i put  0 v7 ok/fork/v8 ok?

can't be behind the rigs at this moment,for hours :/
Activity: 52
Hi.

0.32 version working fine on my rig, with 2gb and 4gb card.

But now, with last release have problem.

If force v7 algo is ok, kernel compile and mining normaly

but if try to set algo 0 (auto) or mining Wownero with V8 algo

miner stucking at compile kernel.

Now try with some 4 gb rig.

Tested Wownero V8 mining with srbminer and xmrstack 2.5 working fine.

This with Pitcairn r7 370 2gb card.

Also with 7970&280x cards (
Activity: 149
Merit: 11
Hi.

0.32 version working fine on my rig, with 2gb and 4gb card.

But now, with last release have problem.

If force v7 algo is ok, kernel compile and mining normaly

but if try to set algo 0 (auto) or mining Wownero with V8 algo

miner stucking at compile kernel.

Now try with some 4 gb rig.

Tested Wownero V8 mining with srbminer and xmrstack 2.5 working fine.

This with Pitcairn r7 370 2gb card.
JCE still contains all historical forks, Monero V8 is just the 15th in the list.

XMR and WOW wallets default to V8 (xmr in advance of 2 days), other are unchanged. So, to mine XMR before the fork, force it back to V7 with --variation 3. After, keep automatic mode.

Internally, V8 is not a superset of V7, like MSR or B2N are, it's a very new fork, with a very different scratchpad loop. And for the first time, it involves floating-point compute.
Windows 8.1 is supported too. And on the CPU version, that's all from Vista.

I'm releasing the V8 GPU version, based on the reference implementation provided by Monero. I'll work on the optimization later. I've had time to optimize the CPU assemblies, but i won't have any for the GPU.
I had to do the CPU first because the GPU version requires a working CPU implementation for the double-check.

0.33a GPU to be online in a few hours.

edit:
GPU version is online

Unlike what I said previously, i did not include the Heavy optim, i prefered doing an exact same version as 0.32, plus V8 support.
It still includes the CPU fixes for ETN introduced by CPU version 0.33a
I'm sorry for offtopic, and didn't want to spend your time, but please explain me in two words V8 fork. Does it remooves v7, or it just will be new algo?
Windows 8.1 is supported too. And on the CPU version, that's all from Vista.

I'm releasing the V8 GPU version, based on the reference implementation provided by Monero. I'll work on the optimization later. I've had time to optimize the CPU assemblies, but i won't have any for the GPU.
I had to do the CPU first because the GPU version requires a working CPU implementation for the double-check.

0.33a GPU to be online in a few hours.

edit:
GPU version is online

Unlike what I said previously, i did not include the Heavy optim, i prefered doing an exact same version as 0.32, plus V8 support.
It still includes the CPU fixes for ETN introduced by CPU version 0.33a

Then I can add the feature i planned at short term:
* lower the fee to GPU level when all cpu are paused (more fair system)
* restart the warmup after a long disconnect
JCE-Miner, now you must explain to them, why only Windows 10. And why Windows 7 isn't support by miner...

he explained it -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42643599
I know it, but most wouldn't search this... Thanx for direct link.
Activity: 11
JCE-Miner, now you must explain to them, why only Windows 10. And why Windows 7 isn't support by miner...

he explained it -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42643599
@JCE-Miner, now you must explain to them, why only Windows 10. And why Windows 7 isn't support by miner...
Pages:
Jump to: