Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1003. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Let me ask how Tristan does it and I'll get back to you, unless someone else can enlighten us. I'd hope he'd have a cold wallet for the majority of the funds and a hot wallet he can deposit in manually, depending on the rate of withdrawals. This is more or less how BFX does it

https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/security
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
So let me understand this, Polo only uses one wallet for all deposits or is it all funds? Someone clear this up for me. I don't see why there is not a different address for each user or do I have bad info? Sounds like extremely poor judgement/planning if so. I've always been a supporter of Polo, and feel free to check my post history, but this concerns me. Not as in monetarily as I am not currently invested but I will be again and feel this project is the one and only future, currently.

Anybody knows someone from Bitfinex?

BTW - Does anyone know about this? Were Darkcoin scammers trying to increase the supply at will?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f7z840EcKjGNr7jZTwHL1u5HDTGNqHeeCszrR0Iy1J8/edit?pli=1

AFA I understand they can just create Dark/Dash out of thin air. Only issue they have is if the sheep notice. Sound like the Fed to you?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 502
RIP Monero....i am really sad bought it at 0,004, im poor now...
legendary

BTW - Does anyone know about this? Were Darkcoin scammers trying to increase the supply at will?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f7z840EcKjGNr7jZTwHL1u5HDTGNqHeeCszrR0Iy1J8/edit?pli=1
My colleagues at Omni work pretty closely with Giancarlo, their CFO, and I've had friendly chats with him and Raphael,  but I think it should be a matter of merit that convinces BFX to exchange XMR. Edward Moncada, Darkcoin Foundation member and one of Otoh's good buddies, told me he worked together with Otoh to convince (probably bribe) BFX to accept DRK. We should just present a good economic case instead and build up volume organically to the point BFX and other exchanges realize they're missing out on commissions/a great posturing opportunity. This is probably easy when the devs finish the official release (not so easy).
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I have a lot of uncomfortable admiration for Monero traders and folks with large balances in Poloniex, although it is possible that most of them don't fathom what they are dealing with when it comes to Monero or the sudden rise that will happen with no way to get back the trading gambling stash.

What do you mean by this?

If Poloniex were to get hacked, there'd be no easy way to buy back what gets lost.

I just was asking myself: XMR is a great currency and why only big volume on Poliniex?
For a more sustainable future maybe look if there are also othere exchanges for trading.
Yes there is Bittrex but not so much volume there for XMR.
Spreading the volume over more exchanges is good for future of Monero.
Maybe build a special Monero exchange.

XMR.FROM as a natural side-kick to XMR.TO has been talked about here. Not sure as to if it's being developed, but seems like it would be a good start to creating more Monero exchange options.
legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
I have a lot of uncomfortable admiration for Monero traders and folks with large balances in Poloniex, although it is possible that most of them don't fathom what they are dealing with when it comes to Monero or the sudden rise that will happen with no way to get back the trading gambling stash.

If Poloniex were to get hacked, there'd be no easy way to buy back what gets lost.

I just was asking myself: XMR is a great currency and why only big volume on Poliniex?
For a more sustainable future maybe look if there are also othere exchanges for trading.
Yes there is Bittrex but not so much volume there for XMR.
Spreading the volume over more exchanges is good for future of Monero.
Maybe build a special Monero exchange.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501

And in addition to what Vokain said, I also meant that chances of a black swan event of all available/for-sale XMR getting bought out is fairly high. These will likely never see exchanges once bought given the types of whales who are getting into Monero. It is just hard to predict when that happens.
legendary

...unless the hacker might want to leverage the state of fear induced by lack of coin to sell off the stash asap.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
code, donate or STFU

code, donate or STFU

code, donate or STFU

Cheesy

For your reading interest: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10994870

lets detect all the nemstake scammers and fork up dem asses

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

Stories like these (and much more nefarious in nature) will dominate the Monero landscape in the coming months and years. A lot of finger pointing towards Monero is also likely going to happen in order to divert negative connotations away from Bitcoin and give it a clean(er) image. I have a lot of uncomfortable admiration for Monero traders and folks with large balances in Poloniex, although it is possible that most of them don't fathom what they are dealing with when it comes to Monero or the sudden rise that will happen with no way to get back the trading gambling stash.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
code, donate or STFU

Applies to you too. Or are you deluded enough to think you are actually adding something constructive here?

Activity: 546
Monero Price sudden downtrending. What's happening?  Shocked

I was looking at that, if I hadn't sold early into this rally I would have had a maximum of 146 bitcoins worth of monero. If I tried to sell at the top of .0043 this would have tanked the price as well. I would have only been able to sell maybe 1/3rd of these anywhere near the high price.

Other people that owned Monero from the bottom of the rally face this problem too, so any one of them selling just a tiny amount will crash the price.

You could have easily sold 50k+ XMR at 0.004.

shit, really?

everytime I looked at the order books I didn't see that much liquidity, I use cryptrader
look guys, you aren't going to get anywhere trying to pay software engineers in water rations from your village in bumfuckistan

Nobody pays anybody in lines of code

"Good coders" don't continue to live in places that pay 4000 euros a month, or 6000 euros a month, or 8000 euros a month, they all go to NY and SF and make way more than that, in U.S.DOLLARS, and everyone else is a subpar coder and/or preoccupied with the exact same reason that they can't go live in NY and SF

your poor cryptocurrency economy is going to stay poor as it will not be able to attract talent, there will be a continual brain drain from software engineers every time they see some 0.5 XMR bounty that some schmuck says "but it will be worth more in the future"

EVERY schmuck is trying to get software engineers to work for a stake in something greater, EVEN THE COMPANIES THAT ARE PAYING 200,000 USD PER YEAR ARE ALSO PAYING IN SHARES, OPTIONS, AND OTHER ASSETS POTENTIALLY WORTH MORE IN THE FUTURE, which is by the way over 16500 a month or 15000 eur/month

the database merge was coming soon since December 2014.

You completely miss the point and why complains about slow development and/or missed dead lines is so insulting and anyone doing so is a troll, this is an opensource project, Monero is not a company. Devs are doing all from their own pocket... help with code, donate or STFU.

This is not a get rich quick scheme. Monero already works, everything else is a luxury.

The whole blockchain in memory issue is stupid as hell to begin with. What the monero team is doing to fix this seems pretty useful, but the fact this is even a thing is ridiculous (yes, not monero team's fault, but the delays are decreasing the utility of this coin as the blockchain grows larger and becomes less intuitive to use).

Pointing all of this out is supposed to be offensive and every developer on the team should be able to say "yeah its true we suck at delivering on time and wow my dog/kid/wife/government-imposed-travel-restriction did prevent me from moving to San Francisco and earning $250,000/yr" instead of having literally any other excuse

I mean unless I said something false, which I haven't (but I am open to counterpoints). Nothing I said belittles what the devs are doing, it more so criticizes everyone trying to debate about how to pay the devs pennies, when in reality, that isn't possible until people start talking about real sources of money.

Every point and counterpoint on this subject I've seen has been filled with conjecture "corporate code sucks because of the big budget" what? no. "software engineers make 4000/eur a month" what? no. "you're BOTH RIGHT, here is this cutting edge strategy to pay by lines of code while factoring in that less code is probably more valuable!" what the hell?

The only thing the Monero project has going for it is that it is managed better than other cryptocurrency projects, which is a bar so fucking low it isn't even worth talking about. THAT IS NOT A BRAGGING POINT.

About 50% of this post makes good sense and about 50% of it is straw men like claiming that corporate code sucks because of the big budget (I didn't say that). Corporate code often sucks despite the big budget. It gets done faster in part because of the big budget (also the problems being solved are often pre-selected to be solvable in a commercially-useful time period, though not always).

Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone should be interested in your opinion. I pretty much agree with code, donate or STFU. A lot of what you are saying is correct, but as far as I can tell, none of it is actually useful.

its just a counter point to the last 3 pages of discussion in this forum. so maybe people can talk about more productive things.

code, donate or STFU

code, donate or STFU

code, donate or STFU

Cheesy

reminds me of something Garza would have said

lets just keep chanting that in unison, ok on three
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
look guys, you aren't going to get anywhere trying to pay software engineers in water rations from your village in bumfuckistan

"Good coders" don't continue to live in places that pay 4000 euros a month, or 6000 euros a month, or 8000 euros a month, they all go to NY and SF and make way more than that, in U.S.DOLLARS, and everyone else is a subpar coder and/or preoccupied with the exact same reason that they can't go live in NY and SF

your poor cryptocurrency economy is going to stay poor as it will not be able to attract talent, there will be a continual brain drain from software engineers every time they see some 0.5 XMR bounty that some schmuck says "but it will be worth more in the future"

EVERY schmuck is trying to get software engineers to work for a stake in something greater, EVEN THE COMPANIES THAT ARE PAYING 200,000 USD PER YEAR ARE ALSO PAYING IN SHARES, OPTIONS, AND OTHER ASSETS POTENTIALLY WORTH MORE IN THE FUTURE, which is by the way over 16500 a month or 15000 eur/month

You completely miss the point and why complains about slow development and/or missed dead lines is so insulting and anyone doing so is a troll, this is an opensource project, Monero is not a company. Devs are doing all from their own pocket... help with code, donate or STFU.

This is not a get rich quick scheme. Monero already works, everything else is a luxury.

The whole blockchain in memory issue is stupid as hell to begin with. What the monero team is doing to fix this seems pretty useful, but the fact this is even a thing is ridiculous (yes, not monero team's fault, but the delays are decreasing the utility of this coin as the blockchain grows larger and becomes less intuitive to use).

Pointing all of this out is supposed to be offensive and every developer on the team should be able to say "yeah its true we suck at delivering on time and wow my dog/kid/wife/government-imposed-travel-restriction did prevent me from moving to San Francisco and earning $250,000/yr" instead of having literally any other excuse

I mean unless I said something false, which I haven't (but I am open to counterpoints). Nothing I said belittles what the devs are doing, it more so criticizes everyone trying to debate about how to pay the devs pennies, when in reality, that isn't possible until people start talking about real sources of money.

Every point and counterpoint on this subject I've seen has been filled with conjecture "corporate code sucks because of the big budget" what? no. "software engineers make 4000/eur a month" what? no. "you're BOTH RIGHT, here is this cutting edge strategy to pay by lines of code while factoring in that less code is probably more valuable!" what the hell?

The only thing the Monero project has going for it is that it is managed better than other cryptocurrency projects, which is a bar so fucking low it isn't even worth talking about. THAT IS NOT A BRAGGING POINT.

About 50% of this post makes good sense and about 50% of it is straw men like claiming that corporate code sucks because of the big budget (I didn't say that). Corporate code often sucks despite the big budget. It gets done faster in part because of the big budget (also the problems being solved are often pre-selected to be solvable in a commercially-useful time period, though not always).

Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone should be interested in your opinion. I pretty much agree with code, donate or STFU. A lot of what you are saying is correct, but as far as I can tell, none of it is actually useful.

its just a counter point to the last 3 pages of discussion in this forum. so maybe people can talk about more productive things.

code, donate or STFU

code, donate or STFU

code, donate or STFU

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Monero Price sudden downtrending. What's happening?  Shocked

I was looking at that, if I hadn't sold early into this rally I would have had a maximum of 146 bitcoins worth of monero. If I tried to sell at the top of .0043 this would have tanked the price as well. I would have only been able to sell maybe 1/3rd of these anywhere near the high price.

Other people that owned Monero from the bottom of the rally face this problem too, so any one of them selling just a tiny amount will crash the price.

You could have easily sold 50k+ XMR at 0.004.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
Conclusion

ChainRadar is either "accidentally" showing From Transactions, or it is trying to appear to have compromised Monero. Coupled with the sudden appearance of a troll claiming 20/20 transactions unmasked it is clear that something dodgy is going on. Avoid ChainRadar, and always check the data for yourself before buying in to what the trolls say.

So, it would be good to put http://moneroblocks.eu/ in the OP instead of ChainRadar. Also, it could be putted at Monero's official websit, because there's no way to find any block explorer at it.

I have tested replace chainradar per moneroblock.eu on my pool .
I have rollback Sad  .

if tx or block not exists or not find per moneroblock.eu ( more recents )

Notice: Undefined variable: transaction in /var/www/html/app/controllers/blockexplorer.php on line 212
http://moneroblocks.eu/tx/e22d1f9f50ef8128a5f6d471c2655c2dd68054a2af2bb8c3e88cd43980980925

Fix at and disable error and I replace chainradar per your site.

Jump to: