Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1002. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
What does spending $ on bandwith have to do with not clicking the link?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

The link he posted has the XMR.to API in it.

I don't click their links, they have supposedly spent thousands (xmr donations) on bandwidth, as if unlimited data plans are not default nowdays... Please link to a relevant doc on xmr.to...
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
XMR.FROM as a natural side-kick to XMR.TO has been talked about here. Not sure as to if it's being developed, but seems like it would be a good start to creating more Monero exchange options.

Unfortunately, the domain .from doesn't exist.  Undecided Would have loved to get that.  Grin

I use XMR.to on a daily basis, if you're wondering who the 11-13xmr/day guy is - its me.
How long before you release API support ?

For a "CEO" who has "sold their stash" and is "waiting for new blood to take over" you sure do spend a lot of time here. Don't you have CEO things to do?

You may want to take a gander at this thread: https://forum.getmonero.org/3/merchants-and-marketplace/155/xmr-to-pay-any-bitcoin-address-anonymously-using-monero

How is your post related to my reply regarding xmr.to?! You seem to be after me, did I hurt your feelings ? Get lost kid, I cant wait for the day new devs take over...

The link he posted has the XMR.to API in it.
legendary
XMR.FROM as a natural side-kick to XMR.TO has been talked about here. Not sure as to if it's being developed, but seems like it would be a good start to creating more Monero exchange options.

Unfortunately, the domain .from doesn't exist.  Undecided Would have loved to get that.  Grin

I use XMR.to on a daily basis, if you're wondering who the 11-13xmr/day guy is - its me.

For a "CEO" who has "sold their stash" and is "waiting for new blood to take over" you sure do spend a lot of time here. Don't you have CEO things to do?

You may want to take a gander at this thread: https://forum.getmonero.org/3/merchants-and-marketplace/155/xmr-to-pay-any-bitcoin-address-anonymously-using-monero

How is your post related to my reply regarding xmr.to?! You seem to be after me, did I hurt your feelings ? Get lost kid, I cant wait for the day new devs take over...
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

legendary

Activity: 518
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Almost, I am convinced that the Bosch oeuvre was an expansive prophecy of the culture of crypto to come.  But, I am too timid to publicly assign names to the characters.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
But if they instead generated a unique address(es) for each account, wouldn't that mean that there is no need to deal with payment IDs? I'm ignorant here.  

Monero uses stealth addresses, automatically generating one-time use addresses behind the scenes. The equivalent of generating a unique address, without using a payment ID, would be generating a unique wallet for each Monero customer. It's much more elegant to use the payment ID.

Elegance does not equate to secure. If that seed gets impounded or stolen. Should be diversified and offline for all accounts separately. As I stated, so in an emergency the seeds can be sent to the owners. Unless I an not comprehending something?

This seems to be a weakness in the system compounded by the fact of centralization which in itself is not diversified over multiple markets. That is one big attack vector. It would suck if that key got Stolen/Hacked/Seized before a decentralized exchange came online. MP was bad enough.

In order to operate a hot wallet their web application would need to have access to each of those wallets. If you can compromise one you can compromise them all, so there's literally no security benefit to running multiple hot wallets.

The correct solution is a hot wallet that balances off to a cold wallet, and the only way for funds to get back into the hot wallet (for a run on withdrawals) is by manual transfer, no need to break the payment ID system:)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
legendary
Activity: 1105
Activity: 490
What is daily supply of Monero?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
whats happening to this coin ? was busy last few days.
it was going up good and now it seems to be having a  hard time stuck at 300k sat

Did i miss something?

The sky is falling. Here read all about it in the Speculation thread where these questions get answered.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0;topicseen

also where we went WAY off topic. Smiley
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
whats happening to this coin ? was busy last few days.
it was going up good and now it seems to be having a  hard time stuck at 300k sat

Did i miss something?
legendary
But if they instead generated a unique address(es) for each account, wouldn't that mean that there is no need to deal with payment IDs? I'm ignorant here.  

Monero uses stealth addresses, automatically generating one-time use addresses behind the scenes. The equivalent of generating a unique address, without using a payment ID, would be generating a unique wallet for each Monero customer. It's much more elegant to use the payment ID.

Elegance does not equate to secure. If that seed gets impounded or stolen. Should be diversified and offline for all accounts separately. As I stated, so in an emergency the seeds can be sent to the owners. Unless I an not comprehending something?

This seems to be a weakness in the system compounded by the fact of centralization which in itself is not diversified over multiple markets. That is one big attack vector. It would suck if that key got Stolen/Hacked/Seized before a decentralized exchange came online. MP was bad enough.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
legendary
Let me ask how Tristan does it and I'll get back to you, unless someone else can enlighten us. I'd hope he'd have a cold wallet for the majority of the funds and a hot wallet he can deposit in manually, depending on the rate of withdrawals. This is more or less how BFX does it

What's there not to understand?
For Bitcoin and co they also run 1 wallet, like every other exchange (let aside hot and coldwallets etc).

For Btc and all the clones they generate a new address per user. Then they check if the address has received coins.
For Monero they generate a new payment id per user. Then they check if the payment id has received coins.

It's basically the same way it works, with a minor difference.

For a more sustainable future maybe look if there are also othere exchanges for trading.

We were on Cryptsy voting list #1 for months. https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/
They even took money from paid votes: https://blockchain.info/address/1K1uqcxrjr7zWYwePFz2v6Y3hSxBvMrSJ2?filter=2

Craptsy is the worst exchange in so far as using client funds for insider trading. Getting on that exchange should not be a priority.

Do to the large amount of XMR that flows through Polo the coins should be split for if no other reason then Polo can always forward the seed to the owner in the case of a seizure attempt. Sort of a panic button that when known is in itself a deterrent.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
RIP Monero....i am really sad bought it at 0,004, im poor now...

Smart to be buying XMR instead of re-upping on a failed anon coin with instamine and dev issues, but it seems your math is weird; a 25% dip (that will go up most likely in the near future) wouldn't cause you to be poor as you were most likely poor already.

Quick illustration:

If you had a million dollars invested, then you would have $750,000 currently and would hardly qualify as poor by most standards--though by Bill Gates standards you were already not that wealthy and continue to be Microsoft poor.

If you had a ten dollars invested then you'd have $7.50 now and were by most standards poor to begin with--though wealth should include family, friends, knowledge and other important things.

Now if you look at it as accumulation of XMR for the purposes of spending that XMR as it gains in purchasing power, you're still not going to be made wealthy or poor until things increase or decrease by order(s) of magnitude.

Good to be branching into a real privacy coin with real objectives and an honest developing team, but I'd work on how you define being made poor or rich.

Activity: 532
Let me ask how Tristan does it and I'll get back to you, unless someone else can enlighten us. I'd hope he'd have a cold wallet for the majority of the funds and a hot wallet he can deposit in manually, depending on the rate of withdrawals. This is more or less how BFX does it

What's there not to understand?
For Bitcoin and co they also run 1 wallet, like every other exchange (let aside hot and coldwallets etc).

For Btc and all the clones they generate a new address per user. Then they check if the address has received coins.
For Monero they generate a new payment id per user. Then they check if the payment id has received coins.

It's basically the same way it works, with a minor difference.

For a more sustainable future maybe look if there are also othere exchanges for trading.

We were on Cryptsy voting list #1 for months. https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/
They even took money from paid votes: https://blockchain.info/address/1K1uqcxrjr7zWYwePFz2v6Y3hSxBvMrSJ2?filter=2

Jump to: