Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 998. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
David is core development team, but he's not really a programmer. He tends to handle PR and the like.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502

Primer- is more a fan of Andreas Antonopoulos and wants David to be like him. As he said multiple times on our IRC.
But i prefer our David - he doesn't spread Mac Malware: https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/433080081179611136

David would not know how to turn a Mac on Smiley

because he is hetero.

thx for clarifying that 5w00p, i was not so sure when watched his talk first
he has very interesting voice .  and more interesting accént  .

I actually have no idea. And it is of no concern to me. And I have never listened to him talk.

I was just being facetious in response to a flippant series of comments about a Dev who seems legit to me.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Listen to our core dev Fluffypony on LetsTalkBitcoin:

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ltb-e202-understanding-monero

Anon136, this is what you were asking for right?  Grin

Very nice.  I look forward to listening.  That's good exposure.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Listen the interview with our core dev Fluffypony on LetsTalkBitcoin:

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/ltb-e202-understanding-monero

Anon136, this is what you were asking for right?  Grin
Activity: 700
Merit: 520

Primer- is more a fan of Andreas Antonopoulos and wants David to be like him. As he said multiple times on our IRC.
But i prefer our David - he doesn't spread Mac Malware: https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/433080081179611136

because he is hetero.

thx for clarifying that 5w00p, i was not so sure when watched his talk first
he has very interesting voice .  and more interesting accént  .
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
On another note...

Atrides, dwarfpool owner, is every scammers wet dream, here's why :

He operates the second largest pool, dwarfpool. Current hash rate 3.3MH/s.
The only pool that DOES NOT publish full block history! I've asked him to make this data available and was told every time to f..off. so I've scraped his "Last 30 blocks" page every 1 hour and have been doing it for some time now.

His efficiency for the last 2000 blocks is 81% !
No other pool has such low efficiency, feel free to check them all, both big and small, botnet-friendly and private. Such bad efficiency can only lead to one conclusion - HE IS SIPHONING!

Now take a look at https://github.com/freebazaar?tab=activity
Back in January Atrides asked the community for 10k XMR in donations to begin work on an openbazaar fork. Devs were quick to give support and asked the community to donate as much as possible. When someone suggested that the coins be kept in an escrow Atrides refused and the devs made no attempt to force the escrow or even suggest the donators do their own due diligence.

Move your hash elsewhere people!@#
I also expect the community to demand asnwers and a deadline from this professional scammer.

ugh. someone should really develop a pay per post forum software. This FUD cleanup is getting exhausting.

re: dwarfpool accusation, I have no idea. Based on your other "research" related to monero, my gut is to not trust anything you post.

re: freebazaar, this point is so old its getting old. Those that donated get private updates. Also, during the fundraising, there was no cheerleading from the core dev team. I remember being excited about it. I don't have the time to fish and find the posts (maybe Dr. Bookmarks will have them handy). Is it not happening as swiftly as people would like? Probably. But yah know what else has the same problem? Everything in the world thats worth a damn.

Discussion starts around here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9994963

Reading that immediately set off huge alarms for me. Most notably re: asking for donations without any mention of actual costs (10k moneroj for what, exactly?), and using urgency to leverage fear as a lure for donations.  

I hope for the best.

Whois lookup for dwarfpool.com is not reassuring.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
On another note...

The only pool that DOES NOT publish full block history! I've asked him to make this data available and was told every time to f..off. so I've scraped his "Last 30 blocks" page every 1 hour and have been doing it for some time now.

No other pool has such low efficiency, feel free to check them all, both big and small, botnet-friendly and private. Such bad efficiency can only lead to one conclusion - HE IS SIPHONING!

Back in January Atrides asked the community for 10k XMR in donations to begin work on an openbazaar fork. Devs were quick to give support and asked the community to donate as much as possible. When someone suggested that the coins be kept in an escrow Atrides refused and the devs made no attempt to force the escrow or even suggest the donators do their own due diligence.

I also expect the community to demand asnwers and a deadline from this professional scammer.

ugh. someone should really develop a pay per post forum software. This FUD cleanup is getting exhausting.

re: dwarfpool accusation, I have no idea. Based on your other "research" related to monero, my gut is to not trust anything you post.

re: freebazaar, this point is so old its getting old. Those that donated get private updates. Also, during the fundraising, there was no cheerleading from the core dev team. I remember being excited about it. I don't have the time to fish and find the posts (maybe Dr. Bookmarks will have them handy). Is it not happening as swiftly as people would like? Probably. But yah know what else has the same problem? Everything in the world thats worth a damn.

Discussion starts around here -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9994963

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi monerians!

First of all I don't like "primer-"s trolling. And I don't want to support him.

But it is something strange for me with "dwarfpool".
In my late 2014 mining experince I've checked several xmr mining pools.
And guess the pool with lowest profit.... Yes, it was "dwarfpool".
(Before XMR I mined other coins at "dwarfpool" and it was great.)

I don't know how it's going right now, and don't want to support trolling.
But I recommend not to use "dwarfpool".
Better check other pools. (And it is better for the whole monero network)

(And it's only my opinion.)
legendary
Activity: 1834
I'd bet that BFX started accepting DRK after possibly some underhanded negotiation convinced BFX that accepting DRK would posture BFX as the leading premier exchange of the fancy newfangled anonymous coin of the future, supported by certain DRK whales' (ahem, Otoh) assurances to make the market.

Moncada [masternode] openly stated in via thread that dark is on bitfinex only because of him. He further said he knows big names and can make dark reach places

Sounds bullish imo. Any project would benefit from people who can make things happen.
It definitely was, and an excellent move on their part. On BFX's part I'm sure they got good commissions, but now, the picture doesn't seem as clear.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]
Anyone want to see XMR integrated into Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, so that it can be won by people playing CSGO and CS 1.6 on our servers?

Learn more here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10969685

Hope to hear from you! Someone recommended I reach out to the Monero community with my proposal.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I'd bet that BFX started accepting DRK after possibly some underhanded negotiation convinced BFX that accepting DRK would posture BFX as the leading premier exchange of the fancy newfangled anonymous coin of the future, supported by certain DRK whales' (ahem, Otoh) assurances to make the market.

Moncada [masternode] openly stated in via thread that dark is on bitfinex only because of him. He further said he knows big names and can make dark reach places

Sounds bullish imo. Any project would benefit from people who can make things happen.
legendary
Activity: 1582
An online gaming community is looking to embed new cryptos into their games. This looks like an opportunity for XMR. Someone from the DEV team should make contact. They are reaching out. I know that they reached out to BURST.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10969685

NOTE: I did not vet them. I am assuming this is legit!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Could someone involved in the project (donator) and in the know provide any kind of update on Freebazaar?

No one has mentioned anything at all about it publicly.  If donators have been asked to keep quiet about progress thats fine but please let us know that is the case.

I checked and nowhere Atrides asked to keep this private, so here you are:

Code:
== Wed, Jan 14 ==

Atrides: So here short squeeze of thoughts about payments within FreeBazaar to discuss:
Payments: 1) Direct Payments 2) Payment via Escrow
Escrow: Free multiple choice of options, determined per-transaction:
- simple BTC/XMR escrow (for XMR without miltisig)
- To reduce exchange rate risk USD-stabilized escrow (with convert on exchanges/Nubits/BitUSD/use Bitreserve. That will be explained by Escrow-service. Payments in any currency(BTC/USD) for both seller and buyer.

== Thu, Jan 15 ==
Atrides: I take some time to learn the code and set steps priorities for actual to do. I will inform you next days

== Wed, Jan 21 ==
binaryFate: How is it going? Once you get more familiar with the code base, can you give us a general estimate of the time needed for each further step?
Atrides: Hi guys, I'll offer details this weekend

== Tue, Jan 27 ==
Atrides: Hi guys, I have readed docs and code.
So see one problem - core team of OpenBazaar works very slow. Last commit in dev-repo was two weeks ago. A lot of pull requests with ready code are pinding since october...bad. So I think our commits will be delayed for a long time. Without integration into OpenBazaar we can make it quicker, but within we have already prepared publicity, recognition.

== Wed, Jan 28 ==
binaryFate: I guess you can just work on a branch and keep going even if they don't merge changes back quickly

== Thu, Feb 5 ==
binaryFate: Is anything happening? Are you working on it or not at the moment?

== Sat, Feb 7 ==
Atrides: Hi, yes, I'm working. sadly I cannot work full time because I have collected less, so I must take other projects too

== Sun, Feb 15 ==
Atrides: I'm mostly working on some projects at the same time. bazaar is very important to me, but at the moment is not a priority. I promized to finished, and I will do that, sorry I cann't say on what days exactly I can work. last two weeks I was extremly busy, with no chance to do something else. Your money are not moved from my wallet I didn't sell them and won't do this till monero will rise many times because of bazaar. Next days I push some of commits to github what already done.

== Tue, Feb 17 ==
Atrides: First initial commit, added monero as alternative coin, other commits during this week after tests

== Tue, Mar 3 ==
REDACTED: How is progress? Any new commits?
Atrides: Yes, two days ago, some commits. This week I'll do the rest.

== Wed, Mar 11 ==
Atrides: I have asked developers of OpenBazaar that our patches may be implemented. In original OB Bitcoin is hardcoded overall.

== Wed, Mar 18 ==
Atrides: Hm...still no answer from Devs
Atrides: I pushed new commit. Communications with local monero Wallet and directly payment

== Sun, Mar 29 ==
Atrides: Good(?) news from dev of OpenBazaar, they can implement other coins if external dev make patches.

== Tue, Apr 7 ==
binaryFate:
1) What is the state of the Monero freebazar branch? Is it fully functional? If not, what is missing and what is the ETA for it?
2) Why not release the Monero freebazar code even if it's not merged mainstream by official openbazaar devs? If it's working let's release it, merge can come later.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

Could someone involved in the project (donator) and in the know provide any kind of update on Freebazaar?

No one has mentioned anything at all about it publicly.  If donators have been asked to keep quiet about progress thats fine but please let us know that is the case.

I checked and nowhere Atrides asked to keep this private, so here you are:

Code:
== Wed, Jan 14 ==

Atrides: So here short squeeze of thoughts about payments within FreeBazaar to discuss:
Payments: 1) Direct Payments 2) Payment via Escrow
Escrow: Free multiple choice of options, determined per-transaction:
- simple BTC/XMR escrow (for XMR without miltisig)
- To reduce exchange rate risk USD-stabilized escrow (with convert on exchanges/Nubits/BitUSD/use Bitreserve. That will be explained by Escrow-service. Payments in any currency(BTC/USD) for both seller and buyer.

== Thu, Jan 15 ==
Atrides: I take some time to learn the code and set steps priorities for actual to do. I will inform you next days

== Wed, Jan 21 ==
binaryFate: How is it going? Once you get more familiar with the code base, can you give us a general estimate of the time needed for each further step?
Atrides: Hi guys, I'll offer details this weekend

== Tue, Jan 27 ==
Atrides: Hi guys, I have readed docs and code.
So see one problem - core team of OpenBazaar works very slow. Last commit in dev-repo was two weeks ago. A lot of pull requests with ready code are pinding since october...bad. So I think our commits will be delayed for a long time. Without integration into OpenBazaar we can make it quicker, but within we have already prepared publicity, recognition.

== Wed, Jan 28 ==
binaryFate: I guess you can just work on a branch and keep going even if they don't merge changes back quickly

== Thu, Feb 5 ==
binaryFate: Is anything happening? Are you working on it or not at the moment?

== Sat, Feb 7 ==
Atrides: Hi, yes, I'm working. sadly I cannot work full time because I have collected less, so I must take other projects too

== Sun, Feb 15 ==
Atrides: I'm mostly working on some projects at the same time. bazaar is very important to me, but at the moment is not a priority. I promized to finished, and I will do that, sorry I cann't say on what days exactly I can work. last two weeks I was extremly busy, with no chance to do something else. Your money are not moved from my wallet I didn't sell them and won't do this till monero will rise many times because of bazaar. Next days I push some of commits to github what already done.

== Tue, Feb 17 ==
Atrides: First initial commit, added monero as alternative coin, other commits during this week after tests

== Tue, Mar 3 ==
REDACTED: How is progress? Any new commits?
Atrides: Yes, two days ago, some commits. This week I'll do the rest.

== Wed, Mar 11 ==
Atrides: I have asked developers of OpenBazaar that our patches may be implemented. In original OB Bitcoin is hardcoded overall.

== Wed, Mar 18 ==
Atrides: Hm...still no answer from Devs
Atrides: I pushed new commit. Communications with local monero Wallet and directly payment

== Sun, Mar 29 ==
Atrides: Good(?) news from dev of OpenBazaar, they can implement other coins if external dev make patches.

== Tue, Apr 7 ==
binaryFate:
1) What is the state of the Monero freebazar branch? Is it fully functional? If not, what is missing and what is the ETA for it?
2) Why not release the Monero freebazar code even if it's not merged mainstream by official openbazaar devs? If it's working let's release it, merge can come later.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502

because he is hetero.
legendary
Activity: 1092

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
On another note...

legendary
Activity: 1456

Activity: 700
Merit: 520
actually i was shocked when i saw this post and "monero core team" attached to it. :-0

David never claimed to be a coder. The core team is (also) great because of complementary skills, and IMO David is a great asset for everything he provides.
There are many coders that did some work on Monero and aren't even in the "core team", so the association "core team <-> coder" is meaningless, in both directions.

ok, i understood!

BTW I think David mentioned he is trying to learn Linux just because of Monero, which is pretty admirable IMO.

good!
just be careful that he doesnt go for rm -r * in some important project files that arent pushed to github yet LoL
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

I was a bit exaggerating, sorry for that. But you still didn't answer my question why he would even lie about this?

BitFinex is a serious exchange they added DRK/LTC for one reason alone, strong development support.

Monero is still in its infancy, its just not going to happen.

EDIT: However, if there are negotiations in place, please have someone more technical and more fluent in English represent Monero community! David is not the person for this job!
David came into monero-pools channel couple of times in the last month or so, asking what he needs to buy to mine 50XMR/day. He is completely clueless.

18 March 2015
5:08 PM Hi
5:08 PM What is the most profitable configuration for mining monero?
5:09 PM (either CPU or GPU)

12 March 2015
2:13 AM Hi
2:15 AM Question:
2:15 AM Which hardware would I need to make more than 50 monero a day by mining?

I'm going to assume that those quotes from "davidlatapie" are fabricated.

EDIT: I hope they are!

No, this was the real davidlatapie, miners logging monero-pools channel can confirm.

I don't remember seeing the exchange but it wouldn't surprise me. David is more of a business and organizational guy on the team, isn't that technical by own description, and certainly isn't an experienced miner. He has some business interest in mining now and has been asking questions because he isn't afraid to acknowledge when he doesn't know something, and wants to become better informed. What's wrong with that?

Good point.

Im afraid to say those quotes are most likely not fabricated. i mean check this :
I'm trying to install NEM, please help

1. http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/#installation
2. Dowloaded http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.5.19.tgz
3. uncompressed in dedicated folder
4. launched from Terminal (I'm on Ubuntu) nem/package/nix.runNis.sh
5. Result
Code:
/nem/package/nix.runNis.sh: line 3 : cd: nis: No such file or directory
Errorr : Can't find or load org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
/nem/package/nix.runNis.sh: line 5 : cd: « OLDPWD » not defined

Idea? Java 8 is installed.

the guy has 0 clue about anything technology-wise. i think he knows how to give a  talk though.

actually i was shocked when i saw this post and "monero core team" attached to it. :-0

I KNOW RITE! and the guy who sold me my house doesn't even know how to wire a 220 outlet.

Stupid, just unbelievable. :rolleyes:

BTW I think David mentioned he is trying to learn Linux just because of Monero, which is pretty admirable IMO.
Jump to: