Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1057. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

Maybe the same reason people "trolled" against pirate@40 or BFL

so if I invest in Monero, I am investing in the core dev and the top community members spending 90% time trolling against the leader in the anon space with 20x Monero's volume and dragging the Monero name through the mud on a daily basis, instead of trying to improve Monero itself to compete better?  Thanks for the info, makes sense. (Huh)

Criticizing an instamine/premine scam with mediocre technology does not drag our name through the mud, and meanwhile, Monero is being steadily improved. I happen to be working on database performance right now. What are you doing to contribute to your favorite open source projects?

I expose scams, check my sig.

I commend you if you have had a role in bringing Ryan Kennedy or whatever the scumbag's name is to justice.

thanks smooth.

I will leave it here, I made my points.  I wish all anon coins the best, we have to work together to build the market in the first place.  This kind of cut-throat competition is not healthy!!!

all the best
so if I invest in Monero, I am investing in the core dev and the top community members spending 90% time trolling against the leader in the anon space with 20x Monero's volume and dragging the Monero name through the mud on a daily basis, instead of trying to improve Monero itself to compete better?  Thanks for the info, makes sense. (Huh)

They are doing two important things, concurrently

1. Making our life better with untraceable tech

2. Saving people from getting scammed

so I should buy Monero to fund an 'anti-scam' troll group that trolls the competitors instead of developing Monero itself is what you are saying.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Criticizing an instamine/premine scam with mediocre technology does not drag our name through the mud, and meanwhile, Monero is being steadily improved. I happen to be working on database performance right now. What are you doing to contribute to your favorite open source projects?

I commend you if you have had a role in bringing Ryan Kennedy or whatever the scumbag's name is to justice.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

They are doing two important things, concurrently

1. Making our life better with untraceable tech

2. Saving people from getting scammed

And I am here after reading 500 posts in the DRK thread each one 'concern trolling' DRK so Monero is bleeping on my radar.  That is 100's of hours Monero people are spending on DRK and not Monero.

That benefits Monero...how?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Why?

Privacy is a right that shouldn't be trampled upon by false promises that can't be delivered, or worse used to trick the naive into using a system that is easily exploitable and lined with buzz words that can't be validated beyond a sale's pitch--that's why.

As a profiteer, you're question should be, "Was the drk price just artificially pumped so smart investors could leverage more purchasing power to buy the coin that is designed with better privacy (XMR)?"

legendary
This deserves a crosspost:

know your address everywhere, everytime

xmr.link is an OpenAlias service implementation to work specificly with Monero.

With this service you can easly convert your monero address to any avaliable and short name of your choose instead of remembering an 95 char long key.
(You will remember it, and most important, the ones who want/need to send you money will remember it!)

Advantages of using xmr.link:
  • Know everywhere, everytime your address
  • Already working with last simplewallet and mymonero
  • DNSSEC avaliable
  • 6 different domains that you can choose
  • Easy to use
  • Use your moneroj

This service is still under development, some minor bugs can be expected.

Future implementations needed:
  • More information on the page (know how to use)
  • DNSSEC in all domains (currently only avaliable on xmr.rocks)
  • QR Codes avaliable to use on forums, websites, ect..
  • Public API that allows to register your name remotely and annonymus based only on payment_id (should be usefull to implement on gui wallets)

Topic here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-xmrlink-know-your-address-everywhere-everytime-999468

Wow, nice service MalMen, especially with the DNSSEC support. Very cool!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
This deserves a crosspost:

know your address everywhere, everytime

xmr.link is an OpenAlias service implementation to work specificly with Monero.

With this service you can easly convert your monero address to any avaliable and short name of your choose instead of remembering an 95 char long key.
(You will remember it, and most important, the ones who want/need to send you money will remember it!)

Advantages of using xmr.link:
  • Know everywhere, everytime your address
  • Already working with last simplewallet and mymonero
  • DNSSEC avaliable
  • 6 different domains that you can choose
  • Easy to use
  • Use your moneroj

This service is still under development, some minor bugs can be expected.

Future implementations needed:
  • More information on the page (know how to use)
  • DNSSEC in all domains (currently only avaliable on xmr.rocks)
  • QR Codes avaliable to use on forums, websites, ect..
  • Public API that allows to register your name remotely and annonymus based only on payment_id (should be usefull to implement on gui wallets)

Topic here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-xmrlink-know-your-address-everywhere-everytime-999468
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Our beloved core team member David Latapie is being considered for the hugely coveted title of Altcoin Gangster. Although in connection with his other coin, I think we should still give him some Monero love over here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/altcoin-gangsters-poll-who-willl-rot-in-prison-for-scam-723764

Nice title fits perfectly with the pump and dump scam of Monero unfolding.

beware newbies before investing!! Better let this one first drop towards normal levels and get some Doge, or plain bitcoin in the mean time

First troll in--must mean fear is in the air.  Roll Eyes

there are over ~500 posts in the DRK thread in the last 2 weeks from Monero community with every accusation and slander under the sun FYI.  

Drk is the Milli Vanilli of privacy coins FYI. Most of the people in the Monero community care more about privacy than profits and when they see this pig with lipstick dancing around singing, "We're better than Bitcoin and more anonymous than Monero!" The BS meter spikes and gets some reaction. Good luck when the dam breaks and washes you out of delusionville.

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

Not saying I agree with attacking anothers threads, but as to why? I think Fluffponyza post here is why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmjh9y

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh  Did a DRK dev ever come here and start throwing accusations?

You're mixing up trolling and stating facts.

I'm asking why does he *NEED* to 'state facts' on a DRK thread?

Secondly why does Icebreaker and the rest of his team need to 'state facts' so many times on a DRK thread?

(ergo why are they spending this time on DRK instead of on Monero?)

Because the monero-scam does not sell itself apparently. Just go for some bitcoins newbies (and oldies) and be gone from this thread. Too many shady people involved and a dev that posts more than he does in actual coding....
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Our beloved core team member David Latapie is being considered for the hugely coveted title of Altcoin Gangster. Although in connection with his other coin, I think we should still give him some Monero love over here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/altcoin-gangsters-poll-who-willl-rot-in-prison-for-scam-723764

beware newbies before investing!! Better let this one first drop towards normal levels and get some Doge, or plain bitcoin in the mean time

there are over ~500 posts in the DRK thread in the last 2 weeks from Monero community with every accusation and slander under the sun FYI.  

Drk is the Milli Vanilli of privacy coins FYI. Most of the people in the Monero community care more about privacy than profits and when they see this pig with lipstick dancing around singing, "We're better than Bitcoin and more anonymous than Monero!" The BS meter spikes and gets some reaction. Good luck when the dam breaks and washes you out of delusionville.

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

Not saying I agree with attacking anothers threads, but as to why? I think Fluffponyza post here is why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmjh9y

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh

He was answering this question, if you didn't look:
It's sad to see so few technical responses to this thread, just ppl plugging their coin or calling scam. Would be great to hear some other coders thoughts on the ideas in this interview.
legendary

First troll in--must mean fear is in the air.  Roll Eyes

'pig with lipstick'?  why such vitriol towards DRK all the time and flooding the DRK thread, reddit, everywhere with it?  Why are there so many Monero people attacking DRK?   It's in all anon coins interest to work together to build a market, instead Monero spends 90% of its time attacking a totally seperate coin and 0% of DRK is attacking Monero. Why?

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh  Did a DRK dev ever come here and start throwing accusations?

It's an open forum. If you don't like the message, you are certainly free to blame (and attack) the messenger. Oh that's right, you figured that out already. Carry on.

Secondly why does Icebreaker and the rest of his team need to 'state facts' so many times on a DRK thread?

You would have to ask him.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Should be reported as off topic imo.

Submissions that are mostly about some other cryptocurrency belong elsewhere. For example, /r/CryptoCurrency is a good place to discuss all cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoin moderators just told me we are free to discus anonymous technologies as they are important for Bitcoin. But no threads like 'Monero is next BTC' or 'Monero is undervalued'

Release the Kraken

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh  Did a DRK dev ever come here and start throwing accusations?

(ergo why are they spending this time on DRK instead of on Monero?)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

That just makes it look worse though how does that explain the trolling - the Monero core dev himself has now started posting on DRK threads?  If DRK is so flawed and scam, why would the Monero core dev need to do anything at all?Huh
G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616

First troll in--must mean fear is in the air.  Roll Eyes

I am certainly not a troll. More a white knight protecting crypto lovers from scams

With no rep and no arguments--sure I'll buy that bridge with a side of rainbows.

meanwhile dumping has begun, see you on the other side.

Oh great trolls with suggestive, clairvoyant abilities are here.

The one liners are great.

I think I'm gonna start a collection, and at the end of this when Monero is on top of the totem .. I'm gonna draft these one liners into fortune cookies and pass them around at a Monero 10 USD party.
legendary
Why are there so many Monero people attacking criticizing DRK?

FTFY

Maybe because it is an instamine (arguably premine) scam with medicore (at best) technology, and we're willing to say so.

Jump to: