Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1086. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "mro.bin"

im pretty sure one of the devs responded.

your putting in : simplewallet --electrum-seed mro

thats not the command with the new wallet client. check the readme.

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
hi dev

If I only have 0.8.8.1  .keys file ,

how can I upgrade to v 0.8.8.6 ?

its said:

--------
You had been using a deprecated version of the wallet. Your wallet file format
is being upgraded now.

Error: failed to load wallet: file not found "mro"

--------

or

-----------

C:\monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6>simplewallet --electrum-seed mro
bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.6-release
Specify wallet file name (e.g., wallet.bin). If the wallet doesn't exist, it wil
l be created.
Wallet file name: mro
password: *****
Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "mro"

---------

did you try mro.bin ?

Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "mro.bin"
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Any reason for the price increase?
This currency is just very unthervalued and now discoverd by big investors I think.
This is just a correction for the low levels we have seen and I say keep you XMR and do not take short therm profit.
For no reason,no new wallet,no big surge of net hashrate.  Grin

The bad thing, of course, is the lack of hashrate increase - I mean, good for me and my miner, but bad for network security. I'm still freaked out about my calculation that it would only take 6 million USD in nvidia 750 ti's to double the network hashrate.

Is that retail prices? Because no one buying that amount would pay close to retail prices.

well exactly, and thats even scarier, imo. I just use 100$ for the nvidia 750 ti, and thats why I use that card because its an easy number.

you just take hashrate (13.65 million hashes / sec) / 750 ti hashrate (250) * price of 750 ti (100$)

13650000 / 25000 = 5.46 million usd currently.

That's all the whole coin is worth at this point. You can't expect enormous amounts of equipment securing it. That will come with increasing value.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
This currency is just very unthervalued and now discoverd by big investors I think.
This is just a correction for the low levels we have seen and I say keep you XMR and do not take short therm profit.

The bad thing, of course, is the lack of hashrate increase - I mean, good for me and my miner, but bad for network security. I'm still freaked out about my calculation that it would only take 6 million USD in nvidia 750 ti's to double the network hashrate.

Is that retail prices? Because no one buying that amount would pay close to retail prices.

well exactly, and thats even scarier, imo. I just use 100$ for the nvidia 750 ti, and thats why I use that card because its an easy number.

you just take hashrate (13.65 million hashes / sec) / 750 ti hashrate (250) * price of 750 ti (100$)

Well I have 6 doing their thing.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Thank god the "bit" part was removed from Monero near the launch. I think Monero has the best name out of all the currencies both crypto and government based, and that extra "bit" part was just eww.

I have to agree with you on this, Monero is a very genuine name.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
babes

In case you want to see, er, "more" of the girl from the Kingdom Come video....

https://twitter.com/playmateeugenia NSFW
legendary
{snip}

Sounds more like the Scorpions to me.

The eye candy gets the smooth seal of approval.

Thank you for sharing it.

I'm hooked now, my old bands to babes! tThese should have been the original MTV vids. Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV2GfKIudBU

Been Scorpion fan since Day one. Virgin Killers one of my favorite albums still and of course Animal Magnetism. Smiley

Sad thing is last time I saw the the young crowd didn't even recognize "The Zoo" !!! I was livid. Yelling at the crowd to get off their asses! Smiley

EDIT: LOL those links slowed the thread down! Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Are you talking about the original bitMonero fork from bytecoin?
I forgot I was the one intiating the take over, but in retrospect, that doesn't surprise me a bit Smiley

I decided to expand upon your excellent post. WIP https://forum.getmonero.org/20/general-discussion/211/history-of-monero
legendary
he claims the name is in no way influenced by monero

All you need to know right there

Lets be fair here guys.

I'm fair. The word monero existed before Monero, and certainly moneta did as well. There was in fact even a cryptonote coin called Moneta Verde, and I'm well aware of it.

So the idea of using moneta as or in a coin name is not itself Monero-derived. But the idea of using such a name after Monero has shown some success (and he is surely aware of it since he is operating in the same submarket) and then claiming not to be "in no way influenced" by Monero is not credible. In fact I'd say he's a lying scammer.

Sorry, just calling it as I see it. Granted yes partially influenced by observing how Zerovert was run, and not specifically just this one thing.

Well, If so then Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cheesy

I was pissed when a house down the block copied mine until I was reminded of this.

Again, I don't fault him for being influenced by Monero. I fault him for claiming not to be.

Fair Nuf, I remember when Kindom come a band I liked and sounded like Zepplin and then claimed they had never heard of them! LOL Morons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gui08YxoWFA

Sounds more like the Scorpions to me.

The eye candy gets the smooth seal of approval.

Thank you for sharing it.

legendary

Lets be fair here guys.

I'm fair. The word monero existed before Monero, and certainly moneta did as well. There was in fact even a cryptonote coin called Moneta Verde, and I'm well aware of it.

So the idea of using moneta as or in a coin name is not itself Monero-derived. But the idea of using such a name after Monero has shown some success (and he is surely aware of it since he is operating in the same submarket) and then claiming not to be "in no way influenced" by Monero is not credible. In fact I'd say he's a lying scammer.

Sorry, just calling it as I see it. Granted yes partially influenced by observing how Zerovert was run, and not specifically just this one thing.

I was pissed when a house down the block copied mine until I was reminded of this.

Again, I don't fault him for being influenced by Monero. I fault him for claiming not to be.

Fair Nuf, I remember when Kindom come a band I liked and sounded like Zepplin and then claimed they had never heard of them! LOL Morons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gui08YxoWFA
legendary

Lets be fair here guys.

legendary

Lets be fair here guys.

Lets make sure it doesn't use a close ticker and get on Polo.
legendary
not to mention "Moneta Verde" conveniently appeared during Monero's early success. Go figure.

Well it was part of the fleet of cryptonote/bytecoin-run spam clones (anyone remember the cryptonote clone-a-coin toolkit? lol) likely meant to firewall their bytecoin premine, so not surprising.
Activity: 795
Merit: 514

Lets be fair here guys.

Exactly. It's not even the first coin in this niche with "Moneta" in the name... not to mention "Moneta Verde" conveniently appeared during Monero's early success. Go figure.
legendary

Lets be fair here guys.

So the idea of using moneta as or in a coin name is not itself Monero-derived. But the idea of using such a name after Monero has shown some success (and he is surely aware of it since he is operating in the same submarket) and then claiming to be "in no way influenced" by Monero is not credible. In fact I'd say he's a lying scammer.

legendary

Jump to: