Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1110. (Read 4670673 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Anyone have a link to the theory behind this moonbeamwarp attack? I understand the concept behind a time warp attack. But moonbeamwarp? Lol this is getting ridiculous.

Yes -

When a daddy meanbeam loves a mommy moonbeam, then they have a special moment of blockchaintimacy, and they create little baby moonbeam warps. For details see the whitepaper at moonbeam://warp.all.of.the.things.www.com.internet
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Anyone have a link to the theory behind this moonbeamwarp attack? I understand the concept behind a time warp attack. But moonbeamwarp? Lol this is getting ridiculous.
donator
And at any moment BCX's moonbeamwarp exploit attack will materialize!

I Googled for "moon beam warp" and found this:

Coincidence? I think not!
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
thinking about buying some more monero so please someone sell and drive the price down. k thanks Smiley

Let's see if I can help....

There is NO (official) GUI!
And the database isn't done!
And it takes all my windows xp memory!
And there is no druggy bazaar!
And Crypto Kingdom is a ponzi!
And Risto is manipulating the market!

And... and... and...

And... and... and... you are a pathetic troll. You seem to spend a lot of time hanging around this coin. Go back to your dungeon Igor.

Maybe because I own a shit ton of them?  You got a problem?  Who the fuck are you anyway?

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Haters+gonna+hate_4517b0_3247709.jpg

HEY, Thats what everyone calls me! Find your own name.

I'm also never lost because everyone always tells me were to go. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Okay, we were pretty img free for a while - I kinda liked that.

^^^ the above is straight up speculation, and there's a thread for that.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I dont think he understood your sarcasm.

thinking about buying some more monero so please someone sell and drive the price down. k thanks Smiley

And... and... and...

And... and... and... you are a pathetic troll. You seem to spend a lot of time hanging around this coin. Go back to your dungeon Igor.

Maybe because I own a shit ton of them?  You got a problem?  Who the fuck are you anyway?

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

And... and... and...

http://youtu.be/nxxSIX3fmmo?t=52s

I miss Marty.
legendary

And... and... and...

http://youtu.be/nxxSIX3fmmo?t=52s
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

And... and... and...

Is it going down?

Thanks!

Jimbo already started working Cheesy https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10572323
legendary

And... and... and...

Is it going down?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

And... and... and...

Is it going down?

And Drk is Kewl so buy that. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

And... and... and...

Is it going down?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Something is messed up there, maybe extreme power management, using the wrong number of threads, no-AESNI build, etc.. You should get about 60 H/sec per thread.

D'oh, I forgot it takes a few minutes to warm up. Using 2 threads (there are 4 processors available due to HT) I hit 65h/s total, upping to 3 threads reduces that slightly, upping to 4 has an even greater downwards impact. So 65h/s is pretty much it.

This is solo mining on the daemon, though...

Well that's better...but still somewhat lower than the hardware would suggest. Part of the performance gap may be that we don't support huge pages on MacOS (and I can't find any relevant information about how to do that in google). Also "app nap" may be kicking into limit power usage of a background process, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for this use case.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
While we talk about CPU mining and the YAM miner, an FYI:

I reverted back to the YAM miner version 7v, as the new 8a version was unstable and slower on my i7-4770 (4 threads).
donator
Something is messed up there, maybe extreme power management, using the wrong number of threads, no-AESNI build, etc.. You should get about 60 H/sec per thread.

D'oh, I forgot it takes a few minutes to warm up. Using 2 threads (there are 4 processors available due to HT) I hit 65h/s total, upping to 3 threads reduces that slightly, upping to 4 has an even greater downwards impact. So 65h/s is pretty much it.

This is solo mining on the daemon, though...
legendary
^On my core i7 laptop with yam miner 2 and 8 is about the same ~125 h/s. Any other number of threads gives me less h/s.

Yes that's right about what it should be if properly configured with large pages, no low power management etc. use 2 btw. 8 will use more power. 
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^On my core i7 laptop with yam miner 2 and 8 is about the same ~125 h/s. Any other number of threads gives me less h/s.
legendary
Activity: 1456
I dont specify threads so it runs with 4.  Ill try 3.

How many threads? Try 3.

i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHZ and Im getting between 75-90 hashes per second.

I was just trying to point out that he will probably not get short term results. Assuming he has 250H/s it would take him 45 days on average to find a block, or is my math wrong?

No, your math is probably right, and 250 H/s is probably high for a laptop. Maybe a better word than mining (which suggest perhaps a steady stream of useful minerals) to describe the process is prospecting or wildcatting.

WAY high - my MacBook Pro has a 3.0ghz dual-core i7 Haswell processor, and that does 34h/s:)

legendary

How many threads? Try 3.

i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHZ and Im getting between 75-90 hashes per second.

I was just trying to point out that he will probably not get short term results. Assuming he has 250H/s it would take him 45 days on average to find a block, or is my math wrong?

No, your math is probably right, and 250 H/s is probably high for a laptop. Maybe a better word than mining (which suggest perhaps a steady stream of useful minerals) to describe the process is prospecting or wildcatting.

WAY high - my MacBook Pro has a 3.0ghz dual-core i7 Haswell processor, and that does 34h/s:)

Jump to: