Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1131. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Gone down .. 995  Huh

Which is fine for me: bought some. It feels like Black Friday!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!
Gone down .. 995  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
30k xmr dumped. Investors giving up due to non-existent development work.

30k xmr dumped. Investor giving up due to not understanding development work.

FTFY
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
30k xmr dumped. Investors giving up due to non-existent development work.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
any idea when the price will be going back up ?

I posted my thoughts in the speculation thread. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10493881
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
You can comment on github and he'll probably get an email.

Ah, thanks! I've just done that Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

+ $scope.contract.productCurrency = 'XBR';

That should be XBT, I believe, given the other changes, if Atrides is reading.

You can comment on github and he'll probably get an email.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

+ $scope.contract.productCurrency = 'XBR';

That should be XBT, I believe, given the other changes, if Atrides is reading.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Are there updates about the freebazaar project? Are devs in contact with him/them?
I thought the project was abandoned ? Did everyone get their XMR back ?
I recently received a git update mail notification from Freebazaar (recently = today or yesterday)

Specifically:

"Initial multi-currency commit. Added Monero."

https://github.com/freebazaar/FreeBazaar/commit/e035ba0ecc15d6cf6aa637b01b4fdbcbe7b24101

Also, I can confirm I got the invitation to the message group for donators.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Are there updates about the freebazaar project? Are devs in contact with him/them?
I recently received a git update mail notification from Freebazaar (recently = today or yesterday)

Regarding the MEW forum: complaints have been addressed today. We still have some day left for choosing the URL and today someone asked to have his service including in the MEW directory (I won't mention who, since the announcement has yet to come).

The website needs content and traffic by the way, so if you feel like filling a wiki or writing article about Monero, you are welcome.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
This might cheer you guys up a little during a time of low prices:

I'm not grasping your idea yet.  Does it hide any information from the public network?  What is the advantage?

If at least 50% of nodes validated transactions enough that old transactions can be discarded, then everyone saw everything and could keep a record of it.

Can public nodes see the values of transactions?  Can they see which previous transaction the value came from?  If they can, then they know everything.  If they can't, then they couldn't verify that the value came from a valid source, so you couldn't take their generated chain as verification of it.

Does it hide the bitcoin addresses?  Is that it?  OK, maybe now I see, if that's it.

Crypto may offer a way to do "key blinding".  I did some research and it was obscure, but there may be something there.  "group signatures" may be related.

There's something here in the general area:
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hopwood/crypto/rh/

What we need is a way to generate additional blinded variations of a public key.  The blinded variations would have the same properties as the root public key, such that the private key could generate a signature for any one of them.  Others could not tell if a blinded key is related to the root key, or other blinded keys from the same root key.  These are the properties of blinding.  Blinding, in a nutshell, is x = (x * large_random_int) mod m.

When paying to a bitcoin address, you would generate a new blinded key for each use.

Then you need to be able to sign a signature such that you can't tell that two signatures came from the same private key.  I'm not sure if always signing a different blinded public key would already give you this property.  If not, I think that's where group signatures comes in.  With group signatures, it is possible for something to be signed but not know who signed it.

As an example, say some unpopular military attack has to be ordered, but nobody wants to go down in history as the one who ordered it.  If 10 leaders have private keys, one of them could sign the order and you wouldn't know who did it.

Credits to smooth for finding it!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

as far as I know there was a private message group or something for folks that put in XMR. For real news, gotta wait for them to chirp up.

I am one of those folks Smiley There's no private message group afaik. Last thing I read about it that he was starting/started. This is some weeks ago, therefore was I wondering if there was news. I guess we'll hear something when there's something to share.

Just came across this:
http://mcm.xmr.biz

I guess you missed this:

As far as the private channel, he said up front that was how communication would happen.

I invited all backers, but only 6 responded.
Private channel was created to discuss some things and because these guys have an influence on ideas and process.
I can also add anonymous backer, just send me PM/email with transaction.

Could be that somehow you didn't receive his message.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

as far as I know there was a private message group or something for folks that put in XMR. For real news, gotta wait for them to chirp up.

I am one of those folks Smiley There's no private message group afaik. Last thing I read about it that he was starting/started. This is some weeks ago, therefore was I wondering if there was news. I guess we'll hear something when there's something to share.

I am one of those folks too, and I am in that private message group, so I can assure you that this group exists.
There is no worthy news yet, but the project is ongoing.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.

Most likely when:

-XMR payment implementation is available for merchants
-DB issue is resolved
-GUI Wallet is released
-When those that want true privacy in their financial transactions find and discover Monero and realize what it can do.
-Dark market adoption

these are just a few guesses on my part and are in no particular order, I'm sure there are many other factors that will contribute to the rise of Monero.  Most of all the true privacy of the coin is its biggest asset IMO.

You forgot:

- When Monero stops having 4-5x bitcoin's inflation rate.

Of course, the things you've listed will take a while.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Just came across this:
http://mcm.xmr.biz

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

I think you are quite mistaken. I believe the project is ongoing.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Activity: 306
Merit: 251

Most likely when:

-XMR payment implementation is available for merchants
-DB issue is resolved
-GUI Wallet is released
-When those that want true privacy in their financial transactions find and discover Monero and realize what it can do.
-Dark market adoption

these are just a few guesses on my part and are in no particular order, I'm sure there are many other factors that will contribute to the rise of Monero.  Most of all the true privacy of the coin is its biggest asset IMO.

Jump to: