Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1128. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
By all means, please put your Monero where your mouth is and dump to 0.0005.  Going to bed hoping my orders get filled by you and your mining syndicate but in reality we know it won't happen.

Coming from someone that has way more Monero than the 20 btc necessary to drop the order book 50% and keep it there, you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

You guys collectively barely have enough bitcoin to buy Monero at firesale prices if I chose to do that, the auto dumping miners would simply hop in front of the remaining parts of my gigantic sell order at .0005btc and keep this downtrend going, while somebody makes an off hand comment about emission schedule

And lets not forget about the upside, anybody want to form a syndicate and get the price back up with a stabilizing bid? PM me
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Coming from someone that has way more Monero than the 20 btc necessary to drop the order book 50% and keep it there, you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

You guys collectively barely have enough bitcoin to buy Monero at firesale prices if I chose to do that, the auto dumping miners would simply hop in front of the remaining parts of my gigantic sell order at .0005btc and keep this downtrend going, while somebody makes an off hand comment about emission schedule

And lets not forget about the upside, anybody want to form a syndicate and get the price back up with a stabilizing bid? PM me
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
What is interesting is that this technical pattern can still survive a fair amount of bear activity. The bears need to make a strong stand below 0.0009 to break the pattern.

It is funny that you apply technical analysis and EW analysis to something that is literally so small that one determined person without outlandish funds can easily prevent it from breaking 0.0009.

Nevertheless, I believe the analysis is correct. Once everyone willing has sold their coins to that one person at the all-time low, yet the person is still ready to buy and price does not therefore go down, then it snaps up violently.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
It's now 15k XMR per day, which is $3,000.

It's $100k per month, and barely absorbed. But when things change, they change quickly. As I've been saying, one person getting interested will turn the tables Smiley

This would support my technical scenario of a failed bear market with a truncated 5th Elliott Wave. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10493881. This type of pattern if broken to the upside would typically lead to a very sharp upward move. What is interesting is that this technical pattern can still survive a fair amount of bear activity. The bears need to make a strong stand below 0.0009 to break the pattern.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
From May28, 2014 to Dec31, 2014 the year is mistakenly displayed as 2015.
Thanks corrected Smiley Too bad I cannot let the wiki open to anyone because of spam - but any one register can modify it (that's the point of a wiki)

Also, I would like to share an excellent quote on Reddit:
Remember, electronic cash is easy. Anyone can do it. Facebook could do it tomorrow if they wanted. All it involves is a centralized ledger.
Anonymous electronic cash is harder, but Chaum figured out how to do it in the early 90s.
Decentralized electronic cash is even harder. That's Bitcoin.
Decentralized anonymous electronic cash is even harder. That's the next step.
Monero: the next step.

Fluffy's answer below is worth it too.
(go upvote!)

Very nice, simple comparison.
I created an advocacy page on the wiki. If you register, you can edit it and add some quote and links. The goal is to have material to market Monero. Have some explanations in mind and haso ready-made quote for mention in passing, elevator speech... is great and for that, one needs preparation. So grab you bookmarks and share them Smiley It is OK if it is messy, it will get improved with time.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Thanks corrected Smiley Too bad I cannot let the wiki open to anyone because of spam - but any one register can modify it (that's the point of a wiki)

Remember, electronic cash is easy. Anyone can do it. Facebook could do it tomorrow if they wanted. All it involves is a centralized ledger.
Anonymous electronic cash is harder, but Chaum figured out how to do it in the early 90s.

(go upvote!)

Very nice, simple comparison.
Monero Core Team

(go upvote!)
legendary
Activity: 912
For anyone wondering how high the inflation rate really is:
Code:
day	coins	new
18.4.2014 15 580 25 333
19.4.2014 40 891 25 311
20.4.2014 66 168 25 277
[...]
I ported it to the wiki, as a reference: https://xmrmonero.com/wiki/emission-rate

Regexp are powerful, but a pain to create! Still, much faster than doing it manually and I did not want to open a spreasheet Smiley

Monero Core Team
For anyone wondering how high the inflation rate really is:
Code:
day	coins	new
18.4.2014 15 580 25 333
19.4.2014 40 891 25 311
20.4.2014 66 168 25 277
[...]
I ported it to the wiki, as a reference: https://xmrmonero.com/wiki/emission-rate

Regexp are powerful, but a pain to create! Still, much faster than doing it manually and I did not want to open a spreasheet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1105
XMR.TO
Pay any Bitcoin address. Anonymously, using Monero.

Hey people,

arnuschky, a friend, and I made this new service called XMR.TO. It allows you to pay any Bitcoin address in a fully anonymous fashion using Monero.
Payment is nearly instant, so you can use it to pay bitpay bills, or any of your other bitcoin purchases.

Have a look at the website, it explains all the details: https://xmr.to

We're still in beta. In case of problems or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact us or just reply in the dedicated thread. Any feedback of course welcome!

Nice job, fellows!

On an unrelated note, your first sentence is ambiguous due to "a friend". It could be interpreted either as an appositional phrase or as three in a series using a serial comma.

I love grammar.

I hate grammar (I quit school because of it), Iit is used by elitists nerds on the internet to attempt to prove their superiority. Did I do that right?

Close.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
XMR.TO
Pay any Bitcoin address. Anonymously, using Monero.

Hey people,

arnuschky, a friend, and I made this new service called XMR.TO. It allows you to pay any Bitcoin address in a fully anonymous fashion using Monero.
Payment is nearly instant, so you can use it to pay bitpay bills, or any of your other bitcoin purchases.

Have a look at the website, it explains all the details: https://xmr.to

We're still in beta. In case of problems or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact us or just reply in the dedicated thread. Any feedback of course welcome!

Nice job, fellows!

On an unrelated note, your first sentence is ambiguous due to "a friend". It could be interpreted either as an appositional phrase or as three in a series using a serial comma.

I love grammar.

I hate grammar (I quit school because of it), It is used by elitists to attempt to prove their superiority. Did I do that right?

BTW Did "Unknown" get redirected to DDoSiNg Sony? Cheesy

One could consider that, but I don't intend it to be replacement, and indeed there will still be missives from core-dev as far as I know.
For me, Missives and Digest serve two different purposes and increasingly two different audiences. 1+1=3

I agree 100%

https://twitter.com/btercom/status/567987938341953536

Uh OOh
Monero Core Team
One could consider that, but I don't intend it to be replacement, and indeed there will still be missives from core-dev as far as I know.
For me, Missives and Digest serve two different purposes and increasingly two different audiences. 1+1=3
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
It's now 15k XMR per day, which is $3,000.

It's $100k per month, and barely absorbed. But when things change, they change quickly. As I've been saying, one person getting interested will turn the tables Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
legendary
Activity: 1105
arnuschky, a friend, and I made this new service called XMR.TO.
I love grammar.
Looks like an amphibology to me. And since it is unvoluntary, a solecism too.
I love rhetorics.
We really get to organize a monero conference so you two can get together. Will be fun! (or not...  Tongue )

LOL, I await the day. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I love grammar.
I love rhetorics.
We really get to organize a monero conference so you two can get together. Will be fun! (or not...  Tongue )

How anonymous is XMR.TO?
Be sure to set a sufficient mixin when sending your Monero payment – we generally recommend 3 or higher.
I suggest you add "mymonero.com uses 3 as default". A bit of publicity would help leveraging the monero network.
We already advise mymonero.com in a much more relevant way! Once you create an order and get the info to send XMR.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
In agreement with GingerAle, the Monday Moneroworld Digest in a more... digestable format: https://xmrmonero.com/news/monday-moneroworld-digest-2015-02-16

Regarding LMDB, it works. The reason we do not release it now is that it doesn't work flawlessly with Windows.

Good news, one can consider http://xmrmonero.com/news/ is missives' replacement!

Monero Core Team
I love grammar.
I love rhetorics.
How anonymous is XMR.TO?
Be sure to set a sufficient mixin when sending your Monero payment – we generally recommend 3 or higher.
I suggest you add "mymonero.com uses 3 as default". A bit of publicity would help leveraging the monero network.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
In agreement with GingerAle, the Monday Moneroworld Digest in a more... digestable format: https://xmrmonero.com/news/monday-moneroworld-digest-2015-02-16

Regarding LMDB, it works. The reason we do not release it now is that it doesn't work flawlessly with Windows.

Good news, one can consider http://xmrmonero.com/news/ is missives' replacement!
Jump to: